College football 2023

Absolutely deplorable performance against South Florida (a school that has struggled bad in the AAC for 3-4 years) of all schools.
In that case we were the only school that didn’t have to play against Milroe, and Tyler Buchner is a dreadful QB. If he plays Bama probably wins by 40+.

This Louisville team is gonna get an auto bid against Ohio State or Georgia or some **** in the Orange Bowl.

I could actually see a scenario where Alabama AND Georgia make the CFP. CBS and some commentators on ESPN are trying to make the case that both should get in over Texas (who beat Alabama) and Florida State, or even in over Washington.

I don't think it's likely, but I wouldn't be surprised.

The one thing I will say is, I think, when they expand the CFP, the Power Five (or is it power four now?) conference champions should get automatic playoff berths.

As I alluded to earlier too, what happens between Southern Methodist and Liberty is consequential as well. If they give Liberty a New Year's Six bowl game or one of the higher bowl games and put SMU in some Toilet Bowl Game, even with the CFP expansion, they're telling schools to schedule against cupcake opponents like Liberty did.

A 2 loss AAC school over an undefeated 13-0 C-USA school? Yeah I’ll take Liberty getting destroyed on the TV streaming over that.

Didn't Florida State beat LSU

Which conference is LSU in
It happens sometimes, I didn’t even say all of the SEC is great, we got Vandy. But I mean if you want to tell me that the ACC or Big Ten is as competitive, go ahead. When’s the last time the Big Ten Championship game was exciting? Taking nothing away from Michigan, great team. But do you really have much competition?

It's honestly sad.

The talking heads keep saying Bamas loss isn't a big deal because they are so much better now

They beat Auburn on a fukking hail mary

One week ago

You know who Auburn lost to right before that? New Mexico State

It's all driven by money
I think FSU will get in, but they’ve played their fair share of close games against mediocre competition too. And two of Alabama’s wins are better than FSU’s best win, which is a common opponent (LSU) anyways. And the Iron Bowl is always close when it’s at Auburn.

It happens sometimes, I didn’t even say all of the SEC is great, we got Vandy. But I mean if you want to tell me that the ACC or Big Ten is as competitive, go ahead. When’s the last time the Big Ten Championship game was exciting? Taking nothing away from Michigan, great team. But do you really have much competition?
We have to beat OSU to even get to the title game each year

You guys have to beat

*checks notes*

Missouri?

I think FSU will get in, but they’ve played their fair share of close games against mediocre competition too. And two of Alabama’s wins are better than FSU’s best win, which is a common opponent (LSU) anyways. And the Iron Bowl is always close when it’s at Auburn.
Yeah if it was 12-1 vs 12-1 sure. It's 13-0 against 12-1

FSU beat LSU by more than Alabama did

The Iron Bowl wasn't just close. Alabama won on a literal miracle against a ****** team

We have to beat OSU to even get to the title game each year

You guys have to beat

*checks notes*

Missouri?
And again, like I said. When’s the last time the championship game was interesting? Legit whoever gets in between Michigan and OSU is gonna win the championship. Everyone else is scrubs. SEC adding Oklahoma and Texas next year, gonna just make things tougher surely with it not being an East and West anymore.

I didn’t even say anything bad about Michigan, just pretty much the rest besides Ohio State.

I think conferences are too damn big, but all the conferences going divisionless next year should make for some closer games, even if the CFP stakes aren’t nearly as high. Even in the SEC, before UGA got good there were stinkers when the East was really down.

And again, like I said. When’s the last time the championship game was interesting? Legit whoever gets in between Michigan and OSU is gonna win the championship. Everyone else is scrubs. SEC adding Oklahoma and Texas next year, gonna just make things tougher surely with it not being an East and West anymore.

I didn’t even say anything bad about Michigan, just pretty much the rest besides Ohio State.
My point was OSU and Michigan is the title game each year the week before.

Georgia and Bama is the title game for the SEC because they don't usually play in the regular season

It's the same difference.

A 2 loss AAC school over an undefeated 13-0 C-USA school? Yeah I’ll take Liberty getting destroyed on the TV streaming over that.

But that punishes Southern Methodist for scheduling on the road against ranked/power conference opponents and rewards Liberty for a cupcake schedule. I agree with the talking points on ESPN about this one - they'd be encouraging more schools to go for more easy wins.

I'd also say, the Conference USA Championship was hidden on some obscure channel that most basic and even second-tier cable packages don't even offer (and many don't offer AT ALL) last night. The AAC Championship was on national television this evening.

Yeah if it was 12-1 vs 12-1 sure. It's 13-0 against 12-1

FSU beat LSU by more than Alabama did

The Iron Bowl wasn't just close. Alabama won on a literal miracle against a ****** team
As a matter of principle I think FSU should get in but Alabama’s résumé is arguably better overall. The LSU game played out pretty similarly for each - FSU trailed 3 at half, Alabama was tied, both were up 7 after the 3rd - before taking over in the 4th.

Louisville also literally just lost to a ****** SEC team at home one week ago.

As a matter of principle I think FSU should get in but Alabama’s résumé is arguably better overall. The LSU game played out pretty similarly for each - FSU trailed 3 at half, Alabama was tied, both were up 7 after the 3rd - before taking over in the 4th.

I think Florida State SHOULD get in.

But I think Alabama destroys them if they play tomorrow.

🤷‍♂️

My point was OSU and Michigan is the title game each year the week before.

Georgia and Bama is the title game for the SEC because they don't usually play in the regular season

It's the same difference.
Maybe so, but next year alot or it changes and they will play more often so we’ll see. I still feel Georgia, or Alabama would beat both champs tonight. But I also don’t believe either should have a chance because they don’t deserve it.

Plus I’m just a little bit mad and I’m just getting over a cold that literally kicked my ass🤣 so I’m gonna talk **** til I feel fully better

I could actually see a scenario where Alabama AND Georgia make the CFP. CBS and some commentators on ESPN are trying to make the case that both should get in over Texas (who beat Alabama) and Florida State, or even in over Washington.

I don't think it's likely, but I wouldn't be surprised.

The one thing I will say is, I think, when they expand the CFP, the Power Five (or is it power four now?) conference champions should get automatic playoff berths.

As I alluded to earlier too, what happens between Southern Methodist and Liberty is consequential as well. If they give Liberty a New Year's Six bowl game or one of the higher bowl games and put SMU in some Toilet Bowl Game, even with the CFP expansion, they're telling schools to schedule against cupcake opponents like Liberty did.
I’d honestly be shocked if either SEC team gets in. I think they usually get these right much more often than not. Last year people tried to fearmonger Alabama over TCU into existence and that didn’t happen either. ESPN loves to stir the pot so people will watch their six-hour selection show tomorrow.

Next year it’s going to be top five conference champs + seven at-larges. It was gonna be 6+6 before the PAC fell apart.

I'd say at least NFL Playoffs are more straight forward.

But all four NFC South teams have losing records and one of those teams will make the playoffs.

Last year people tried to fearmonger Alabama over TCU into existence and that didn’t happen either.

I wouldn't say fearmonger. IMO, the talking points were on Alabama's side.

I think CFP Tradition AND the talking points are on Florida State's side. However, SEC Champions.

SEC bias exists for a reason. I'm not even an SEC fan and I agree, to an extent, with the notion that the SEC Champion should be automatic.

FSU isn't going to be playing with a 3rd string QB in the playoffs...Alabama wouldn't beat Louisville with their backup QB and definitely not their 3rd string. Bama could barely beat USF with their backup

FSU isn't going to be playing with a 3rd string QB in the playoffs...Alabama wouldn't beat Louisville with their backup QB and definitely not their 3rd string. Bama could barely beat USF with their backup
Alabama could beat Louisville with Ty Simpson. Maybe not Tyler Buchner. He’s awful. I think since that game he’s been demoted from QB2 to QB4.

There has GOT to be a way for America to do something else with their time than listen to college football loser games.

Back
Top Bottom