College football 2023

Because F$U knew they had no chance to win, but now they can make more excuses about how they could have won at full strength and continue to cry about how much they "deserved" to make the playoffs (and get smoked). Shoulda coulda woulda.
This is my rather pessimistic belief as well. Would’ve been nice to see them give it a proper go. The only other teams with as many opt-outs or transfers were those with coaching changes like A&M and Tulane.

FSU went 13-0 in the regular season, beat 2 SEC teams, and won the ACC Championship game. If that isn’t a resume that isn’t a best 4 team I don’t know what is.

FSU went 13-0 in the regular season, beat 2 SEC teams, and won the ACC Championship game. If that isn’t a resume that isn’t a best 4 team I don’t know what is.

And if Jordan Travis had not been out, they would have been awarded a playoff spot.

Again, what they deserve is irrelevant. Clearly they were not the same team once he was injured. Your resume will only take you so far. The selection committee saw them struggle to beat Florida and Louisville, and did not see them as a viable championship contender going forward without their star QB. Fair or not, that's the way it is.

I'm not a fan of FSU but i am a fan of the sport in general. Not sure what more the team could have done. They won every game that was on their schedule. What more is possible?

As far as yesterday goes and the Bowl games overall..... They are a shell of what they once were. Those that are about to have a future beyond D1 football wouldbe foolish to take a snap and risk injury. Who can blame them? The result are subpar games that aren't a true representation of the matchups. The football fans are the ones that lose out the most. Meaningless post season games outside of those four teams that actually have a shot at something.

I'm not a fan of FSU but i am a fan of the sport in general. Not sure what more the team could have done. They won every game that was on their schedule. What more is possible?

The selection committee has always said they will pick what they feel are the four best teams at the time of the selection process. Once Travis got hurt and the offense struggled without him, their resume went out the window. Some folks may not like it, and that's fine. But personally I'm glad they didn't get in, not only because I hate Florida State, but now we actually get a good matchup instead of seeing them get slaughtered like we all know they would have.

As far as yesterday goes and the Bowl games overall..... They are a shell of what they once were. Those that are about to have a future beyond D1 football wouldbe foolish to take a snap and risk injury. Who can blame them? The result are subpar games that aren't a true representation of the matchups. The football fans are the ones that lose out the most. Meaningless post season games outside of those four teams that actually have a shot at something.

Something definitely needs to change about the bowl season structure going forward. For starters, they really need to delay the first portal window and early signing day until after bowl season. I really don't know what else might help.

It's a shame because the bowls used to mean something. It was a reward at the end of the season, and the players took the games seriously.

NCAA need to change the transfer portal opening until after bowl games

The selection committee has always said they will pick what they feel are the four best teams at the time of the selection process. Once Travis got hurt and the offense struggled without him, their resume went out the window. Some folks may not like it, and that's fine. But personally I'm glad they didn't get in, not only because I hate Florida State, but now we actually get a good matchup instead of seeing them get slaughtered like we all know they would have.

Something definitely needs to change about the bowl season structure going forward. For starters, they really need to delay the first portal window and early signing day until after bowl season. I really don't know what else might help.

It's a shame because the bowls used to mean something. It was a reward at the end of the season, and the players took the games seriously.
It's not lost on me why the committee did what they did. I simply don't like that's it's a decision being made by individuals to exclude a team that earned a spot. The team did their part. Everything that they could possibly do. The loss of a significant player should have zero effect on whether a team is selected. They could have absolutely gotten crushed and eliminated but they earned their chance. Just a difference of opinion. Again, I don't care what team it would have been. I don't have a like or dislike for any of those teams involved. I just like to see their hard work and success rewarded.

It's not lost on me why the committee did what they did. I simply don't like that's it's a decision being made by individuals to exclude a team that earned a spot. The team did their part. Everything that they could possibly do. The loss of a significant player should have zero effect on whether a team is selected. They could have absolutely gotten crushed and eliminated but they earned their chance. Just a difference of opinion. Again, I don't care what team it would have been. I don't have a like or dislike for any of those teams involved. I just like to see their hard work and success rewarded.

I agree that it's not fair, and if you don't like it, I can't say I blame you.

Luckily, playoff expansion is finally coming next year. I get tired of the drama every year during the selection process. I think six teams would be ideal, but 12 is the next best scenario IMO.

All of the NY6 bowls are rolling up into the expanded playoff next year, so that should take care of that. Those are really the ones that are affected the most when it comes to motivation and players with NFL aspirations. The rest of the bowls still mostly are what they’ve always been. I think early signing day was a mistake and should be gotten rid of. That’s just one too many things for coaching staffs to worry about in December.

Can’t really do much about the transfer portal window since it’s based off of academic calendars. You could get rid of the winter window and have only the spring window in late April, but then these guys have missed out on a full semester of classes and integrating into the team in spring football at their new school.

I agree. The FCS Championship needs to be on a better time slot in the future.
Man, for real. Buried in the final NFL Sunday of the regular season makes no sense. Would be great if they could make it the lead of an ABC tripleheader on Saturday before the two NFL games.

The only schools I really feel bad for is Wake Forest.

Wake is going to get ******. NC State might benefit from being away from UNC and Duke though. I would think NC State and Virginia Tech to be better fits for the SEC than UNC and Virginia. I think UNC, Virginia, and Duke are more likely to end up in the B1G. I think Georgia Tech also ends up in the SEC, but I can see Miami being iced out and not getting a good invite anywhere, except maybe the Big XII.

I think Cal, Stanford, BC, Louisville, Pitt, Wake Forest, and Syracuse join the AAC.

This Fiesta Bowl is the ONLY time in the BCS/NY6 era I’ve seen football fans rally around the “Goliath” against a “David” non-AQ/G5 team. Not to mention the disengaged online school fan base created the worst NY6 bowl crowd I’ve ever seen.

This is the first proper NYD Rose/Sugar pair of semis since 2018. We could use a couple of great games right now to make people remember why this sport is so awesome.

This Fiesta Bowl is the ONLY time in the BCS/NY6 era I’ve seen football fans rally around the “Goliath” against a “David” non-AQ/G5 team. Not to mention the disengaged online school fan base created the worst NY6 bowl crowd I’ve ever seen.

It's Liberty University, so... 🤷‍♂️

It's Liberty University, so... 🤷‍♂️
There’s certainly a lot of Podium-worthy stuff you could reference, but even from just a football and sporting perspective this was the least interesting “underdog” story in the modern era. Probably the most fraudulent 13-0 regular season you could have. Not to mention they pretty much bought their way into CUSA after never really doing anything at the FCS level.

There’s certainly a lot of Podium-worthy stuff you could reference, but even from just a football and sporting perspective this was the least interesting “underdog” story in the modern era. Probably the most fraudulent 13-0 regular season you could have. Not to mention they pretty much bought their way into CUSA after never really doing anything at the FCS level.
Their strongest players want to enter the portal for the pool boy(s).

Really weird feel to this game right now. Michigan looked much quicker and tougher most of that half but are only up 3. I could see either Michigan eliminating mistakes in the second half and making it a blow out or Alabama making enough adjustments to grind out a win. I think they’re pretty fortunate not be down 17 or so.

Two of the best teams in the country looking like a couple of MAC teams taking turns trying to give the game away. Absolutely bizarre.

Michigan just blew a huge opportunity to take the lead and put pressure on Alabama. It looks like Alabama is about to make it a two score game. You can't throw away opportunities like that.

As of this moment (still aint over) Alabama's FG kicker might be the MVP.

Back
Top Bottom