Conn. senator wants Fox to pull plug on NRA race

Where was the NRA logo on the infield grass where the sponsors logo always is at every race. If it was there they must have made a concerted effort to not show it as the sponsors logo is usually seen time after time ad nauseum at all the other tracks and I dont remember seeing it and the same with the absence of the logo behind victory lane that is always there. TRL I like and respect what you represent but they caved, plain and simple, they just caved to a handful of people on one side of a political issue.
It was there. I saw it during Kyle's victory burnout.

Right, because the NRA encourages people to buy guns and shoot school kids with them.
I don't think the NRA does that, I think what people take issue with regarding the NRA is that everytime one of these mass shootings happens, the NRA goes completely silent for about a week, then when they do decide to speak, there is very little mention of the victims, and a lot of talk about threats to gun rights. Not everyone feels this way about the NRA, but those that do have an issue, I think this is why.

It was there. I saw it during Kyle's victory burnout.
That was a rhetorical question, I know it was physically there but we only got a couple of fleeting shots of it when its usually as they say "all up in your face" and the same with the sponsor logo at the back of victory lane.

I don't think the NRA does that, I think what people take issue with regarding the NRA is that everytime one of these mass shootings happens, the NRA goes completely silent for about a week, then when they do decide to speak, there is very little mention of the victims, and a lot of talk about threats to gun rights. Not everyone feels this way about the NRA, but those that do have an issue, I think this is why.

I understand that, and I don't agree with every stance the NRA has taken over the years. But, I don't think it's fair to treat them as this antagonist force that should be silenced in the American zeitgeist. They represent the voice of people who support the Second Amendment, just like the NAACP represents African-Americans and GLAAD represents gay people.

But again, because the NRA didn't pony up more money, FOX doesn't have to do anything to promote the NRA.

It all boils down to money. Doesn't it always?
You think, for whatever reasons, that Fox, Gossage and Nascar treated this as business as usual but I dont, for whatever reasons, believe it was even close to business as usual as I think they caved to a small outside faction and neither of us are going to change our minds because of spin doctors trying to persuade us differently no matter how good they are. So on to the next earth shattering controversy. :D :cheers:

The official TMS Twitter account confirmed that Kyle Busch did shoot off the six shooters after the race and Fox/Speed didn't show it. That makes me mad. That had nothing to do with the NRA. That was a Texas Speedway thing. It was like drinking the milk at Indianapolis.
On yahoo.com under NASCAR there is a pic of him shooting off the guns I tried to post the pic but I couldnt

On yahoo.com under NASCAR there is a pic of him shooting off the guns I tried to post the pic but I couldnt

Can you post a link here?

Nevermind, found it.

5b0aab158e6afc0c2e0f6a706700e843.jpg

Now that wasn't so scary was it? I bet John the"Duke" Wayne would be proud of him.

Back
Top Bottom