Countdown to Daytona

Butch Lindley in a car Donnie Bishop usually drove
Butch_Lindley.jpg
butch.jpg

Just ignore my post, because I sure as hell don't need you to like them or the pissing contest.
Greg,thanks so much for the great Benny Parsons stuff.. The Christmas story was special . You did good .

Asphalt modifieds, run the NASCAR Whelen and NASCAR Southern Modified Tour series'. They are kinda badass.
^
Yes, well said. I pasted my response below...

The car is a modified (mustang I think). I never saw Jimmy Shampine or the car race.

I never saw him run the super modifieds either but from everything I have read he was a god in them, if you like radical cars I think you will like this link. This is the Shampine legacy
another Shampine radical offset car link

Disclaimer: I just like racing history , it is all about the great drivers, and I was inspired by many of them. I feel fortunate to seen a small part of it, and I not above reading about what I did not get to see.

Last of all I just don't know of any better place to celebrate them than this forum.

^
Yes, well said. I pasted my response below...

The car is a modified (mustang I think). I never saw Jimmy Shampine or the car race.

I never saw him run the super modifieds either but from everything I have read he was a god in them, if you like radical cars I think you will like this link. This is the Shampine legacy
another Shampine radical offset car link

Disclaimer: I just like racing history , it is all about the great drivers, and I was inspired by many of them. I feel fortunate to seen a small part of it, and I not above reading about what I did not get to see.

Last of all I just don't know of any better place to celebrate them than this forum.

Thanks guys.

A pair of 67 cars from the Chili Bowl. Kyle Larson (whom you probably all know by now) and Rico Abreu, a little person (is it still incorrect to call them midgets?) that drives a midget (as well as sprint cars, wings and no-wings)
IMG_0044.jpg
Saturday 1030.jpg

Wow, imagine that! Steven Wallace in a crash! How'd you find that rarest of rare images?

Sorry for my absence, was busy with the whole college graduation thing anyway...

Steve+Wallace+Royal+Purple+300+bdDlFPCzjAfl.jpg

Back
Top Bottom