Cup RACE thread --- 500 at Daytona

Honest question: Why do you anti-plate racing people even bother watching the Daytona 500? You know you're going to hate it. You're just making yourself angry.

I love all types of racing. Every form of racing has some element of strategy and drama.
I hate the winner. Plate racing is stresful. And being angry for a bit is part of whats fun of being a fan. It's not real anger. It's competitive anger. I'd rather watch a great race, care a lot, and get pissed for 30 minutes over it, and move on than just do something else.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I will definitely take a 2nd place in the second stage and a 5th in the overall race after all of the screw ups on pit stops and the close misses the 48-team had.

Now have 4 different 500 winners on the Race
Pack
84FCF3E6-6382-48FA-B8A7-040B2A1CB1CA.jpeg

By the way, I love these races give smaller teams and stuff a chance to shine. Sure it sucks sometimes when it might cost a better driver a chance to race for a championship, but it is what it is. It’s nice to see the underdog win.
For sure. Stenhouse survived, and when he explained what was going thru his head about the 24, the 5 etc, he was working it.

The point is sailing over your head. I'll just stop before I say something I'll regret.

Stenhouse would surprise you if he was actually in good equipment.
Please. There's no need to be patronizing because you take issue with the fact that I'm unhappy with the winner..that passive aggression is crossing the line. I appreciate you biting your tongue, but I'd suggest you either regrettably say what you want to say, or don't passive agressively take shots. I love this sport, and I loved this race

Stenhouse being more successful in better equipment is a guess. If you're a fan of his, my bad for offending.

I'm surprised anyone had time to actually watch this race. Seems like they spent the whole time on here complaining about the broadcast and Joey's hair......

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
Best way I have found is to pop in during the cautions and see who can out do the other one with the whines lol. Some were really spreading the crepe, and of course heads were exploding like they do every plate race

Best way I have found is to pop in during the cautions and see who can out do the other one with the whines lol. Some were really spreading the crepe, and of course heads were exploding like they do every plate race
Block list exists for a reason, may be better served to use it vs complaining about fans complaining lol

I'm surprised anyone had time to actually watch this race. Seems like they spent the whole time on here complaining about the broadcast and Joey's hair......

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
I’m surprised anyone thought this was a race. I had it on in the background while I’m getting my house back together.
Looked like a bunch of cars, side by side running around in circles with very little passing.
The broadcast was just people with microphones earning their money.
The Joey hair thing never reared its ugly head until after the race ended.

I’m surprised anyone thought this was a race. I had it on in the background while I’m getting my house back together.
Looked like a bunch of cars, side by side running around in circles with very little passing.
I would think that would be one of the better races you would watch all season.

You sure had a lot of negative input on this race to only have it on in the background. :D

Ah, name calling, so you're in one of those moods tonight, I see. Right.

I'll spell it out for ya once since I'm not doing this dance.. I'm encouraging you to use it. Get it? Or you gonna for get that you're a grown ass man again?

He probably had too many beers today.

We now have a new nickname for Ricky. He’s no longer ****house, Spinhouse, Wrecky. He’s

There it is! Hence forth, he shall be known as...Driver...Driver...

I can't speak for others on here but Hendrick or Hendricks...I always know who they are talking abouts. :D
I just laugh when so called fans do that, or Jimmy Johnson. Like I can understand if it’s a complicated name but like 😂 those are easy ones. It’s hilarious to get wrong.

I just laugh when so called fans do that, or Jimmy Johnson. Like I can understand if it’s a complicated name but like those are easy ones. It’s hilarious to get wrong.
The best one is Bubbles Wallace.

I'm going to jump on every comment that references this. The Daytona 500 is the Daytona 500..if I can predict that the winner won't win another race all year, then I don't want them to win.

A star not winning the 500 blows.

Not that I want to get on another person's bad side, but I can't agree with this.

I don't really want the dominant drivers to _always_ win. I know we're supposed to be inspired by greatness and all, but still... I think this comes from me going to the local dirt tracks when I was a kid and it was always the same two drivers every damned weekend, and all I ever wanted to see was someone who wasn't them win, and that kinda stuck with me.

The best one is Bubbles Wallace.

That one I think is meant as an insult and not them thinking it’s his name, so a little bit different. I do laugh at those people though, but for a different reason. They are the same people who moan and bitch when NASCAR post about him, who then turn around and talk about him in comments that have nothing to do with him.

Not that I want to get on another person's bad side, but I can't agree with this.

I don't really want the dominant drivers to _always_ win. I know we're supposed to be inspired by greatness and all, but still... I think this comes from me going to the local dirt tracks when I was a kid and it was always the same two drivers every damned weekend, and all I ever wanted to see was someone who wasn't them win, and that kinda stuck with me.
Nah, you're good. I get it. This is just my take on it. The Daytona 500 is a big deal, and it will always be a big deal. It's THE event of the season, so I just want to see a star win it. I suppose because I feel a surprise winners is anticlimactic.

Nah, you're good. I get it. This is just my take on it. The Daytona 500 is a big deal, and it will always be a big deal. It's THE event of the season, so I just want to see a star win it. I suppose because I feel a surprise winners is anticlimactic.

Because winning a plate race isn’t a big deal anymore. Ask Michael Waltrip, Derricke Cope, Ricky Henhouse…
Those guys literally can’t win anywhere else.
The popcorn vender in turn 4 has an equal chance.

Back
Top Bottom