Cup RACE thread --- 500 at Daytona

They killed Fontana for me when they took away the Thursday fan appreciation day and hauler parade. I have always enjoyed watching that race on tv better anyway. But that being said, I hope you and Clutch have a great time this year watching Bowman win.:) :punkrocke
Phuk Bowman.

I have said it here MANY times. I watch ONLY so that I can understand what happened and why, just like watching the news. No enjoyment derived from it at all, even when my drivers win. My take is that they could just draw a random number out of a bingo wheel and save everybody a lot if trouble and money. There were two components to today's race: follow the leader and mindless crashes. I don't see any reason to get all excited about either scenario.
I see way more than that and I don't exist with a crappy attitude, I would find something I enjoy to do. 54 lead changes among 21 different drivers. That's another record along with being the longest 500 in history.
1676858168295.png

What do Ricky Stenhouse and Derek Cope have in common?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Or….Post Derricke Cope’s win stats in cup and we can have a debate.
What’s your beef with my original post? My original post was that Cope was a hack and only won plate races. Your argument is that he also won an obscure Dover race?
Ok, he won a Dover race. He was a crap driver that didn’t win schit in Cup. Where do you want to go with this?
Lol man. All I did was point out he won Dover, which isn’t a plate race. Which means technically you was wrong. You made a mistake, maybe you forgot. All you had to do was like “my mistake, he won somewhere else, he still sucks.” And it would’ve been over.

And after doing that you are still at other people's mercy to not ditch you or crash you.
Partly true. Your off track rep affects how agressive people race you.

Yes, racing gods do have some sat as well

Lol man. All I did was point out he won Dover, which isn’t a plate race. Which means technically you was wrong. You made a mistake, maybe you forgot. All you had to do was like “my mistake, he won somewhere else, he still sucks.” And it would’ve been over.
Ok. Do you technically feel the need to be right?
Cope sucked and fell into wins. That’s my point, man. Wasn’t looking for an argument.
Aim higher.

The deal with plate racing is that everyone is good, very good or great at it. The gap between the elite guys, the very good guys, the good guys and the average guys is as small as ever. It's a high paced chess match, and because drivers make mistakes, it turns into a crap shoot and a chaotic mess.

The approach for drivers and teams is so different than anywhere else.

Plate racing belongs in NASCAR, but it's a lottery..and not everyone likes a lottery for the biggest race of the year.

Cope sucked and fell into wins. That’s my point, man. Wasn’t looking for an argument.
Aim higher.
I wasn’t even looking for it to be an argument at first. A normal person when shown they are wrong will admit they made a mistake but their main point still stands. I figured we was in a place where if I corrected you, that you would be like “you’re right, he won Dover, I forgot that. But I still think he sucks.” But I guess not.

they won a Daytona 500!
They both SUCK...but Stenhouse sucks more because he hasn't won a restrictor plate race at Dover like Cope

Restrictor plates at Dover is what separates sucky drivers from mere mediocre drivers..that's what I've learned today.

They both SUCK...but Stenhouse sucks more because he hasn't won a restrictor plate race at Dover like Cope

Restrictor plates at Dover is what separates sucky drivers from mere mediocre drivers..that's what I've learned today.

LMAO!

Aim higher.

Have you tried looking thru the Hendricks merchandise catalog?

Phuk Bowman.
Sounds like he is not one of your favorite drivers. I don't get the hostility towards him but to each his own. I still hope you and Clutch have a fun time at Fontana. But I also still hope Bowman wins. :D

I wasn’t even looking for it to be an argument at first. A normal person when shown they are wrong will admit they made a mistake but their main point still stands. I figured we was in a place where if I corrected you, that you would be like “you’re right, he won Dover, I forgot that. But I still think he sucks.” But I guess not.

You’re right he won at Dover, bro.
You win. Is that what you need?

Sounds like he is not one of your favorite drivers. I don't get the hostility towards him but to each his own. I still hope you and Clutch have a fun time at Fontana. But I also still hope Bowman wins. :D
No worries, my dude. Not a Bowman fan.
If you get out there this weekend hit me up and come to our tailgate, we have everything you could want. I’ll PM you.

You’re right he won at Dover, bro.
You win. Is that what you need?

I just don’t see why originally you didn’t admit that you made a mistake saying he didn’t win a non plate track. Call it trivial, call it abuse. I legit was just trying to point out he won somewhere else. That’s it. Then you moved the goal post and that set me off because I hate that. I hate when someone can’t own up to a mistake. Sorry that’s such a pet peeve of mine.

No worries, my dude. Not a Bowman fan.
If you get out there this weekend hit me up and come to our tailgate, we have everything you could want. I’ll PM you.
Thanks again Bobby for the offer, but I have been out of town for a couple of weeks, and I won't be home until Wed and then I will be going to a couple of slot car races, so I won't be able to make it out. I do appreciate the offer though. I know you guys have a great time and eat some good food. I would love to meet you and Clutch.

Honest question: Why do you anti-plate racing people even bother watching the Daytona 500? You know you're going to hate it. You're just making yourself angry.

I love all types of racing. Every form of racing has some element of strategy and drama.
I watch for the off chance my guy wins the avoid the bull**** lottery and therefore I can brag about it amongst you who value it. 😎

Back
Top Bottom