Cup RACE thread --- 500 at Daytona

Are you ****ting me dude? A real contender? When has Stenhouse been anything other than mediocre in the cup series, outside of the 3 times he's managed to not tear up a decent car?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

When has he ever had a top tier ride?

At least Stenhouse is locked into playoffs despite his best finish from here on out being 12th.
Glad you're on the same page as me.

I HATE underdog winners and surprise winners especially in the 500..and considering the only races Stenhouse runs good in are plate races, and considering he's tore up thousands of good restrictor plate cars (yes, exaggeration) him winning the 500 is the lamest finish possible.

Stenhouse is a hack. This is why the playoff drivers need to be based on points only.

Stenhouse, who has kept multiple race teams busy repairing their damaged vehicles, wins The Dayto.....
I can't even say it..

Reactions: Pat
Are you ****ting me dude? A real contender? When has Stenhouse been anything other than mediocre in the cup series, outside of the 3 times he's managed to not tear up a decent car?

20 career Top 5s and and 45 career Top 10s. He's had average performance in below average equipment.

Why has the 500 over the last 6 years seemingly given us more meme winners than even Talladega?

I mean with the exception of Hamlin, we've had Cindric, McDowell, Dillon, and now Wrecky Spinhouse

Daytona 500 isn’t a test of skill, it’s a lottery. But let’s keep embarrassing ourselves and calling it Super Bowl.
Daytona 500 hasn’t been the Super Bowl of Stock Car Racing since the playoff format began. That’s the last race of the season at Phoenix (formerly Homestead) now. The Super Bowl determines the NFL Champion, Phoenix determines the NASCAR Cup Champion.

Glad you're on the same page as me.

I HATE underdog winners and surprise winners especially in the 500..and considering the only races Stenhouse runs good in are plate races, and considering he's tore up thousands of good restrictor plate cars (yes, exaggeration) him winning the 500 is the lamest finish possible.

Stenhouse is a hack. This is why the playoff drivers need to be based on points only.

Remember when the pitchforks and torches were out for him after Daytona when he wrecked half the field? Pepperidge Farms remembers.

Why has the 500 over the last 6 years seemingly given us more meme winners than even Talladega?

I mean with the exception of Hamlin, we've had Cindric, McDowell, Dillon, and now Wrecky Spinhouse
One million times this. “Super Bowl of Racing” indeed

There's nothing like being pissed after a cup race when a hack like Wrecky Spinhouse Patrick wins.

I'm so happy NASCAR is back boys and girls.

Now, who's ready to tune into the hilarious circus that is the NBA all star game?

Remember when the pitchforks and torches were out for him after Daytona when he wrecked half the field? Pepperidge Farms remembers.
Oh I remember. I think I'm having flashbacks.

****..I don't think I have anymore cold beer.

It’s a bit of a letdown when career jobbers like McDowell and Wrecky win this race but…Daytona 500 RaceDay will always be a special day. The goosebumps and adrenaline I had as the last laps wound down while cheering for Larson is why I watch this sport. Onto Fontana for the last ever race there

Twitter doing a better job of letting us know than Fox
I know some of the Chase fans, or should I say @Dr_B_UNC and @AdoubleU24 want nothing more than to see Larson fail...but no one wants to see a driver get hurt.

Pretty lame that fox didn't even tell us he's okay. He's good.

Larson is destined to fail at plate races. Fast car, in position to win, and ends up head on into the wall. Did everything right all race long, top 5 car..and ends up crashed. Sounds dejected.

One million times this. “Super Bowl of Racing” indeed
I'm going to jump on every comment that references this. The Daytona 500 is the Daytona 500..if I can predict that the winner won't win another race all year, then I don't want them to win.

A star not winning the 500 blows.

I watched the first few laps today and peeked in periodically, and then I caught the last 20 laps or so. Typical restrictor plate race, with everyone getting torn up multiple times at the end. I hope everyone is okay.

That being said, I'm really happy for Ricky Stenhouse and everybody at JTG Daugherty. Folks can say whatever they want about Stenhouse, but the only way that Daytona 500 win is getting taken away from him is if the car fails post-race inspection. The five-time, five-time, five-time, five-time, five-time NBA All-Star Brad Daugherty is now a Daytona 500 winning team owner! That's awesome! ^_^

Back
Top Bottom