Cup RACE thread --- 600

Man this is bizare. I thought for sure the 5 was gonna be toast and the 9 was gonna cruise for a bit.

But I guess this wide open really is an equalizer with the big advantage really being clean air.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Man this is bizare. I thought for sure the 5 was gonna be toast and the 9 was gonna cruise for a bit.

But I guess this wide open really is an equalizer with the big advantage really being clean air.

Clean air is king with this ā€œpackage.ā€ Still thereā€™s no way Larson can go 600 miles without falling out of the seat at some point.

I really don't trust the speed of the 5 in this stage. Consistently 30.2-30.4 over a run which is super consistent compared to the other top cars, but hasn't been able to put down a really fast lap.

Clean air is king with this ā€œpackage.ā€ Still thereā€™s no way Larson can go 600 miles without falling out of the seat at some point.
I'm still counting on Cliff Daniels adjusting against the day to night transition as well.

All I remember was Martinsville last year where he had Jimmie killing the field and won stage 2. Couldn't even finish in the top 10 as we transitioned into night. Cliff is an awesome leader and brings a lot of speed but the guy can't adjust for a changing track. And 600 miles is a hell of a lot of focus for Larson.

Personally I think the 9, 24 or even the 4 steals this one. I don't think KFB is quite close enough.

What does Harvickā€™s car have that the rest of SHR doesnā€™t? He consistently runs 20 positions better than his teammates.

That sucks for Kurt. I hope it's true he might become the 2nd 23XI driver

Question - So when these engine deals are done, are the engines assembled by the respected organization (Ganassi)? Or is it similar to a crate engine where its plug-n-play?
The builder runs them in on a dynamometer.

Oil and steering pumps and pulley arrangements can vary team to team and are installed by the shop guys at CGR or wherever.

I really don't trust the speed of the 5 in this stage. Consistently 30.2-30.4 over a run which is super consistent compared to the other top cars, but hasn't been able to put down a really fast lap.

huh? What do you mean? I'd rather put down consistent lap times

IDk about that Ross is 39 laps down. I'm not sure he is still running either
His engine is still running, so Id say it payed off a little bit, he is 40 laps down though.

Holy crap am I eating my words about the 5 car!?

Back
Top Bottom