Cup RACE thread --- Atlanta

These cars are handling much better in dirty air with less HP and a bigger spoiler. Bout to have a whale of a battle for second

Disagree. Watching the ticker isn't watching racing. Sure KyBusch is putting on a show making his way through the pack.

Almirola is 2.5 seconds in the lead in 25 laps‍♂️
What? The hell it isnt. If you are racing this is what we do watch

I can kind of tell the cars are bit slower but its not that noticeable, but the racing has been good so far.

Gaps between cars don't seem to be much different, although there looks to be a little more aero push when up directly behind someone's car. Bigger splitter behind a bigger spoiler and it makes sense.

Lots of 3 and 4 wide racing those first 25 laps. Didn't see an ounce of single file racing.

Ok Mr Late model guy, how can you like those cars at 80-100 mph and not this?

Those cars race at half mile tracks. I like NASCAR racing at half mile tracks too. And Super Late Models are faster than Cup cars at short tracks, Late Model Stocks run the same speed.

It's what teams watch when you're RACING. It's not what fans watch when we're WATCHING racing, at least not most of the time. You're both coming at the event from different viewpoints.
Then add it to the way you watch the race, it makes it much more interesting and understandable.

It's what teams watch when you're RACING. It's not what fans watch when we're WATCHING racing, at least not most of the time. You're both coming at the event from different viewpoints.

Well if they aren't going to crash I'm going back to golf ;)

:cheers:

Those cars race at half mile tracks. I like NASCAR racing at half mile tracks too. And Super Late Models are faster than Cup cars at short tracks, Late Model Stocks run the same speed.
kidding me? You are trying to compare a straight rail car to a 3500 pound cup car? lol

What? The hell it isnt. If you are racing this is what we do watch

I get what your saying. My point is that having to watch the lap times ticker to be entertained or realize that people are gaining on each other isn't exciting to me

I'm not liking the package at all and I don't think the racing is good so far Tons of spread out cars just like in the past.

Can anyone really tell they are going slower? No? Didn't think so.
Apparently it’s okay to watch the ticker to see who is catching who, because you *can’t* tell on TV but it’s not okay to point out that with a few laps on the tires nobody is breaching 170MPH, by looking at the speeds online.

As for what the racing looks like IMO is regular atlanta just slower and cars sound flatter after 12 or so laps. Attribute that to Atlanta’s track surface. Give these cars 200 more HP with this package and it’d be gold, IMO.

Las Vegas will be a true showing of the consequences of this package.

Jimmie Johnson looking like 2018 Jimmie out there. Ever since they started taking power away in 2015 he hasn't been the same.

Apparently it’s okay to watch the ticker to see who is catching who, because you *can’t* tell on TV but it’s not okay to point out that with a few laps on the tires nobody is breaching 170MPH, by looking at the speeds online.

As for what the racing looks like IMO is regular atlanta just slower and cars sound flatter after 12 or so laps. Attribute that to Atlanta’s track surface. Give these cars 200 more HP with this package and it’d be gold, IMO.

Its good to watch the lap times because the TV broadcast doesnt show the entire feild

Yeah, Vegas is a lot faster than Atlanta and doesnt eat the tires up so its going to be interesting to see how this package works there

Back
Top Bottom