Cup RACE thread --- Atlanta

I’ll laugh forever if this race becomes a fuel mileage race. The dirty word you can’t say to Johnny come lately NASCAR fans and crotchety veteran fans.
A super speedway Mile and a half fuel mileage lol

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I’ll be delightfully surprised if Willy B pulls this off.

I never thought it was. I thought it took great driver skill along with elite communication and belief with your crew to pull that off. Shame it’s just about extinct now.
I don't think it takes "skill", not in the technical sense.

I think it takes restraint and confidence.

This riding around single file is sure way more exciting than the watching a leader with a 3 second lead and only 13 cars on the lead lap.

I was expecting the worst with this race but it been better then I thought it would be. I wish they had done this to Texas or Kansas and not Atlanta but oh well

Yea but you’re forgetting Dega there. This track is like if Daytona and Dega had too much to drink at the hotel bar, it’s the end of the night and they lock eyes. They enjoy each other’s company for the night and this track is the result of their choice.
Brilliant.

I will say that the "creation" of a once per season super speedway 1.5er is intriguing.

But turning Atlanta into it? Hell no. I was watching the 09 Atlanta fall race with the COT. The fall off, the lines, the passing, the long run vs short run speed, the management of tires, etc. That was THE quintessential mile and a half race.

I understand the surface was ******, and a repave was necessary, but man. It would have been nice if they could have just repaved it as standard.

Good racing today👍

This riding around single file is sure way more exciting than the watching a leader with a 3 second lead and only 13 cars on the lead lap.
People will find anything to complain about. I think turning AMS into a superspeedway is a good idea. The track was bumpy as heck, it needed to be repaved no matter what people say.

The cars hooking up on the bottom I assume are good on fuel and trying to make a go of it

People will find anything to complain about. I think turning AMS into a superspeedway is a good idea. The track was bumpy as heck, it needed to be repaved no matter what people say.
Repaved and reconfigured are one in the same?

Back
Top Bottom