Cup RACE thread --- Atlanta

I just posted it for numbers, and I can agree there a little bit. But to me a race where someone is way out ahead isn’t a good race. Why would I want to see someone be 8 -10 seconds or so ahead? Then it’s not exciting.
One of the things I like about racing is there's usually someone racing for position somewhere on the track. It isn't always for the lead but it can be good racing. I admit that's easier to see at the track, but NBC did a pretty good job at Sebring finding battles through the field an classes. I've been to enough races to know there's racing going on somewhere, even if the network can't find it because it's obsessed with front runners and Chase contenders.

KDB turned the 3. What was Hamlin doing passing all by himself when the experts at R-F say you need help to pass. Is that REAL racing? lol

Who knows, but I see people upset no one can have a huge lead, so I’m just saying to me that’s not exciting.
I don’t recall anyone saying anything about wanting a huge lead.
Passing without help, racing without being in a pack, and lack of multi-car crashes aren’t necessarily a bad thing.

Gotta feel for the poor NASCAR fan opinion research guy who's tasked with reading this board. Not sure how they're meant to explain to the higher ups that fans think the cars are too close and pass for the lead too much after years of fans complaining that the cars are too far apart and don't pass enough :lol2:

One of the things I like about racing is there's usually someone racing for position somewhere on the track. It isn't always for the lead but it can be good racing. I admit that's easier to see at the track, but NBC did a pretty good job at Sebring finding battles through the field an classes. I've been to enough races to know there's racing going on, even if the network can't find it because it's obsessed with front runners and Chase contenders.
Well I’m never at the races anymore, so I go by what’s on tv. It still IMO sucks when the leader is so far ahead it’s not a race, and they have to make a mistake to lose, or a yellow has to come out to make it interesting. I want to see battles for the lead as well as through out the field. Do I wish it was more natural? Surely, that would be way better. But I’d take this over sitting here watching someone drive away with it

I can't figure out why anyone would continue to watch something this bad. lol
Astounding.

You can still watch the sport you are a fan of and be critical of the racing, crazy concept.

This season has been great. We can be critical and still enjoy the sport.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Gotta feel for the poor NASCAR fan opinion research guy who's tasked with reading this board. Not sure how they're meant to explain to the higher ups that fans think the cars are too close and pass for the lead too much after years of fans complaining that the cars are too far apart and don't pass enough :lol2:
Different fans, different opinions. Not everyone though they were too far apart, not everyone thinks they too close now.

I don’t recall anyone saying anything about wanting a huge lead.
Passing without help, racing without being in a pack, and lack of multi-car crashes aren’t necessarily a bad thing.
I know I’ve seen Charlie said he likes when drivers can pull away. Maybe actually keep up with the thread.

I know I’ve seen Charlie said he likes when drivers can pull away. Maybe actually keep up with the thread.
I love when the field gets strung out, and when the biggest barrier to passing is handling.

That was Atlanta...the quintessential mile and half for a long time. With how great the speedway races have been this year, this just feels like a swing and a miss.

Fortunately, I've been switching back and forth between this and Breaking Bad. About 13 years late, but man, what a show.

I love when the field gets strung out, and when the biggest barrier to passing is handling.

That was Atlanta...the quintessential mile and half for a long time. With how great the speedway races have been this year, this just feels like a swing and a miss.

Fortunately, I've been switching back and forth between this and Breaking Bad. About 13 years late, but man, what a show.

Then see we differ there. I get bored when they are just driving around and no one can make a move. Like I said I’d take it being natural…. But man, I don’t want cars spread out and no racing

Dang, some would complain if they were hung with a new rope.
I'm just happy that I have cars going fast on my TV and don't have to pay extra to see them.
I had a buddy that worked for Racing Electronics until he retired. He worked all of the different series but for the past few years he did NHRA and sprint car races. He was in charge of the radios for the teams and the fans. I asked him one-time which series he liked the best and he said that he refused to work any NASCAR races anymore because the fans were the most obnoxious and whiny fans that he had ever seen.

Different fans, different opinions.
You're right and in fairness to yall who don't like the change - I do also think it's kinda funny NASCAR saw fans complain about not enough passing, cars too spread, etc and their solution was so comically extreme. You'd imagine they would have tried a few more moderate changes but nope lol.

You're right and in fairness to yall who don't like the change - I do also think it's kinda funny NASCAR saw fans complain about not enough passing, cars too spread, etc and their solution was so comically extreme. You'd imagine they would have tried a few more moderate changes but nope lol.
This isn't NASCAR's solution. Track owner SMI made this decision. They could have repaved the track without reconfiguring it. They chose otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom