Cup RACE thread --- Atlanta

Definitely old Atlanta was real racing. This was a demolition derby. Great finish, though

Was okay. Once you see photo finishes every time at plate tracks they become less meaningful. It wasn’t a wreckfest at least.

I hate superspeedway racing.
I do too but this was the best of them since the end of the tandem era. It looked like the drivers were less reliant on having another car push, like they could pass unassisted on several occasions. That doesn't eliminate all my dislikes of plate racing but that's been one of my top three.

Brisco was asking for wreck a lot louder at other times, not so much when he met his fate.

Just happy that he didn't take my Pick'em driver Gilliland out. I was concerned that he would prior to his wreck
I misunderestimated the wrecking ball. Gilliland must have been damaged when Brisco wrecked.

On top of that, they ran the final five laps without a big one.
Can’t argue with the final five laps, even as someone who doesn’t particularly like this stuff. That was tremendously skilled driving and the finish was like almost nothing else before.

Will be interesting to see if they let this track age and do t replace every few years. The playoff race should be really hot and slick.

I think it’s a nice win for Daniel Suarez to punch a ticket into the playoffs but the 99 team needs to show more speed as a whole at the speedways & road courses sometimes.

Ross is today's Robby Gordon if anything

Remember when Ross Chastain ran a Kaulig car full time and didn’t win a single race all season long?

I think Big Hoss Ross should be full time in Xfinity like his predecessors.

• Haha
Reactions: sdj
Back
Top Bottom