Cup RACE thread --- Charlotte Roval

You didn't read the news today, did you?

They are trying to improve their performance, its just who will be piloting the cars.
Having an alliance MAY mean little more than they will be be getting all the used worn out junk that nobody else wants from the same source. A few years ago there was a team that had a Hendrick "engine deal". What went unsaid was that they were just renting engines that HMS was already done with.

Here's the problem and im playing devil's advocate. NASCAR's rule may state you dont have to have a rear bumper cover at race end but that does not mean you can have a bumper cover flapping in the wind that may come off and cause a problem for another competitor. He should have been black flagged and had 3 laps to come in before picking up his card(Old school term but still applies). I'm sorry if that makes anyone mad but its the rule.

I'm pretty sure MRN said the #9 was posted for that loose tail piece. I commented on it here somewhere (too tired to look). Chase got lucky and it came off before he came back around to pit entrance.

Yes, it was a BS call to let the golden child remain relevant.
Nope. As stated on the broadcast, the back panel of the car was not deemed mandatory for the Roval, should it become dislodged via damage. While it was loose but still connected it was not creating a hazard for other cars nor spewing debris. When it did fly off they threw a caution, which is what happens at any track with any driver when they have a piece of body work come off. They don’t penalize drivers for that.

I get it, some people don’t like Chase. I adopted him as a favorite as soon as I learned he would race in these series. I was a huge fan of his dad. Chase has rewarded me and those who invest in him by proving he is a heck of a driver. I enjoy watching him grow and gain excellence in his skills. Thing is, his personality is unique but smartly Southern, with a helping of his dad thrown in. He is most popular for lots of reasons.

Here's the problem and im playing devil's advocate. NASCAR's rule may state you dont have to have a rear bumper cover at race end but that does not mean you can have a bumper cover flapping in the wind that may come off and cause a problem for another competitor. He should have been black flagged and had 3 laps to come in before picking up his card(Old school term but still applies). I'm sorry if that makes anyone mad but its the rule.
I believe that is at "Nascar's discretion". In this case Blaze brought up the fact that Elliott's cover was out of harms way. I believe he was behind the back of the pack at that time.

Going to have a hard time convincing me of a driver who led two laps being a shoe in for winning a race at the Roval, pit this or that strategies
Idk man. He drove to the lead pretty quickly to start and then drove from 24th to 2nd in stage 2. Then finished 12th with half a car lol. Not even Larson was sniffing his tire tracks today.

I’ll take being like F1 over being like WWE.
Damn, then let me tell you about DRS then...
Having an alliance MAY mean little more than they will be be getting all the used worn out junk that nobody else wants from the same source. A few years ago there was a team that had a Hendrick "engine deal". What went unsaid was that they were just renting engines that HMS was already done with.
Yeah, JTG-Daughtery had the HMS deal, at first. Spire also works closely with HMS, but like anything else and you know this better than I do.

It takes money depending on the depth of support wanted. RWR will be a Ford Performance backed brand, however they have a tier system for their engines. Like for instance, FRM moved up a tier this year in their level of support from Ford.

RWR will probably be on the level of Live Fast Motorsports in terms of engines, but they have OEM support, which is something they have never had before. That's progress as a team.

What? There is no difference between JD McDuffie and RWR, NONE. They both knew they didnt have a shot unless something unexplained happened.
JD was TRYING, he has the top five and top tens to prove it, he just got hopelessly priced out of competitiveness, but hung on, trying to earn a living. Rick Ware got into the sport in my opinion to just game the system and do the absolute minimum to try to cash in at some point. BIG difference in my opinion. Also, NASCAR of the 70's NEEDED guys like JD and Elmo, and Lennie to fill their fields and make a show. NASCAR 2021 does not NEED four crap cars from the same team fighting it out for last place.

I believe that is at "Nascar's discretion". In this case Blaze brought up the fact that Elliott's cover was out of harms way. I believe he was behind the back of the pack at that time.
I know, but truthfully it didnt matter where he was. I kept telling my buddy that its gonna come off and I cant recall them letting a car roll that long with a body part about to fall off. If it had come off in the 3 lap blackflag window so be it, but he didnt even get it

Idk man. He drove to the lead pretty quickly to start and then drove from 24th to 2nd in stage 2. Then finished 12th with half a car lol. Not even Larson was sniffing his tire tracks today.
Larson came from the back to first place. :idunno: I don't think he was taking the time to sniff tires though

I know, but truthfully it didnt matter where he was. I kept telling my buddy that its gonna come off and I cant recall them letting a car roll that long with a body part about to fall off. If it had come off in the 3 lap blackflag window so be it, but he didnt even get it
I can't say. But guessing where Elliott was behind the back of the pack after a recent caution, Nascar had over a minute after they threw the caution before a car came close to it. Not much of a hazard IMO ( and fantastic TV) good brainy call

JD was TRYING, he has the top five and top tens to prove it, he just got hopelessly priced out of competitiveness, but hung on, trying to earn a living. Rick Ware got into the sport in my opinion to just game the system and do the absolute minimum to try to cash in at some point. BIG difference in my opinion. Also, NASCAR of the 70's NEEDED guys like JD and Elmo, and Lennie to fill their fields and make a show. NASCAR 2021 does not NEED four crap cars from the same team fighting it out for last place.
JD didnt get priced out, he was priced out when he started. he got a top 10 because of attrition, not speed. Try that BS with someone else that wasnt around bud.

This thread has over 350 more posts than last week’s race at Tallafriggindega.

There are NASCAR related trending topics on social media. For the second weekend in a row mind you.

We may not agree on what the sport is doing but I think we can all agree that NASCAR knows what it’s doing to drive free PR - for better or for worse.
You are spot on about the PR. But I also think Tallafriggindega would have had a lot more posts if Bowman would have pushed a car into Elliott and knocked him out of the race while he was leading instead of the way it went down. I'm not saying Elliott did anything wrong... but I have a pretty good feeling a lot of overzealous Elliott fans would have made it Bowman's fault if the roles were reversed. :D

I can't say. But guessing where Elliott was behind the back of the pack after a recent caution, Nascar had over a minute after they threw the caution before a car came close to it. Not much of a hazard IMO ( and fantastic TV) good brainy call
I know, but we have the good fortune of looking at "what happened" instead of "what might of happend"

You are spot on about the PR. But I also think Tallafriggindega would have had a lot more posts if Bowman would have pushed a car into Elliott and knocked him out of the race while he was leading instead of the way it went down. I'm not saying Elliott did anything wrong... but I have a pretty good feeling a lot of overzealous Elliott fans would have made it Bowman's fault if the roles were reversed. :D
We all know he can do no wrong :cool:

I saw, I think it was the first pass Elliott made on Harvick. Hard to tell it was TV, but probably it was. Elliott's pass was an in your face pass that he barely pulled off and it looked like Harvick had to back off or there would have been contact with Elliott. IMO not the smartest thing to do to wave a red flag in Harvick's face. Elliott has an ego and a temper which is cool beans, but so does Harvick. Neither of these guys like each other. I don't think they are done. Elliott has a whole lot more to lose than Harvick does. Facts as I see em.

So it’s fine to drop debris on the track as long as NASCAR has time to throw a caution?
NASCAR threw a caution for a tire that was nowhere near the racing surface, but waited for when it was most ideal for the most fascinating team strategies to play out.

NASCAR also threw a caution for rain that turned out to be just a rainbow.

“if in NASCAR’s judgement” is how the sport is ruled.

NASCAR threw a caution for a tire that was nowhere near the racing surface, but waited for when it was most ideal for the most fascinating team strategies to play out.

hard lesson to learn for some. :idunno:

You might want a recount; that's nine cars. See if the Arizona legislature can help.
I deleted it and was retyping it while you posted this...I'm still gelling with my new laptop I bought last week so I still hit the wrong key from time to time.:oops:

Last edited:

Tell me what race was stopped for a rainbow.

Chase has been screwed before by NASCAR calls. Chase has been beneficial from calls before.

can change Chase to almost ANY driver in that statement. Nascar just sucks sometimes with being consistent.
This is the NBA.

Like in ANYSPORT, stars get favorable calls. If anything NASCAR has been good at being consistent, relative to the absurd circus show that is the NFL and NBA. It's just part of sports. Stars have flexibility. It is what it is

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

NASCAR seems to keep the rag in its pocket on a road course. Look at Bell and Byron's respective excursions in the grass between 5 and 6. On an oval infield, those would be instant yellows. Here, they're allowed to play out.

Back
Top Bottom