Cup RACE thread --- Darlington

To all of the playoff complainers: Ask yourself why your driver couldn’t meet the criteria that existed at the start of the season. Stop singling out Harrison Burton, he met the criteria for selection.

My driver missed but hey, I don’t blame the system. Every driver knows what needs to be done.

I don’t like win and you’re in but it’s an objectively fair criteria.
some of us just don’t like it period. Not because someone did or didn’t get in. That’s all I’ll say on it tonight.

They can share that honor lol
Oh goodie. At least we're in good company. I may low key hate you guys, but watching a generational talent in larson wheel a car during my lifetime as a "can keep it in one piece" caliber race car driver myself I can't be more happy to watch. This season has been no acception. I'll go back to hating you guys when we're finishing second to yall, not 15th.

1 seed. Not regular season champ.

Reddick is the 3 seed. That's how undeserving of a regular season champ he is.

But hey, I give him credit JUST because I know how awful it is when you have an IBS episode and can't go to the bathroom
I see now. I corrected myself in another post. Apologies sent.

If we have to have this elimination race stuff, bring back The Chase. At least it was somewhat fair and legitimate.

Or… hear me out… use the system that gave E and Petty their Cups. Bold, I know. Now get off my lawn you damned hippie.
The ones dreaming of the Latford system are the real idiots club… but I’m right there with y’all!

Larson seems more happy about finishing 2nd in the regular season than Reddick does about finishing 1st.
Hope that 18th place in Indy was worth 5 playoff points. Any elimination he suffers by less than 5 points is all on Hendrick and Larson.

Hope that 18th place in Indy was worth 5 playoff points. Any elimination he suffers by less than 5 points is all on Hendrick and Larson.
That's if he would have won the race. Larson has almost a full race of playoff points as it is.

It does when the tracks in the first round are Atlanta, Watkins Glenn, and f&$^in Bristol
Guaranteed crash at Atlanta for Larson and anything can happen on a late road course restart… ask your guy. Going into Bristol anywhere close to the cut will be nerve wracking

I don't think it's a problem. If he can't beat the bottom 3 of the roster, something is terribly wrong.

Larson would need to **** himself worse than Reddick literally did tonight to not make it out of the first round. The extra playoff points will be helpful in getting to the Championship Four but he can pretty much cruise until then.

Guaranteed crash at Atlanta for Larson and anything can happen on a late road course restart… ask your guy. Going into Bristol anywhere close to the cut will be nerve wracking
Probably should look at the bottom 3's records and what they usually do. It won't take much. Add in the boo boo point Larson has also. Sure, any crack opened and the gerbils won't let up, they don't miss any possible drama. They will invent some if there isn't enough.

Probably should look at the bottom 3's records and what they usually do. It won't take much. Add in the boo boo point Larson has also. Sure, any crack opened and the gerbils won't let up, they don't miss any possible drama. They will invent some if there isn't enough.

Absolutely! If Burton doesn’t win at Atlanta or Watkins Glen, they’ll do their best trying to convince us that he has a shot to win Bristol.

Now no matter how well the 17 place car does, they will still be 17th.
I agree that sucks and I think they should be able to keep competing for a postion as high as 5th in the overall point standings, or for everything aside from the final four positions.

well ya never know, he could heat up like the 14 of old Stewart, I always hope for the yoffs to get maximum exposure ;)
By the way, welcome back to the forums. I remember a few years ago you went missing for like a month and everyone in the forums was concerned. I even started a thread about your absence.

Blaney wasn't in the championship radar last year. You never know, drivers can get hot at the right time and Briscoe is capable.

Out of all the wildcards that won their way in from back in the points, I feel like Briscoe has the potential to go the farthest, so let's see.

Back
Top Bottom