Cup RACE thread --- Darlington

Leigh Diffey elevates any broadcast he is a part of.
He’s such an exponential upgrade over Allen. That said, even Diffey can’t make this thing interesting. Woof. This is MTJ waxing the 600 level of boring. I respect the skill and ass whipping, but doesn’t mean I have to like it. This is making the inevitable BS late caution even more painful.

He’s such an exponential upgrade over Allen. That said, even Diffey can’t make this thing interesting. Woof. This is MTJ waxing the 600 level of boring. I respect the skill and ass whipping, but doesn’t mean I have to like it. This is making the inevitable BS late caution even more painful.
11 wrecking the 5 to win on a late restart again coming right up

Well I'm not sure how the hell that happened, but I really don't care enough to understand how that works

The drivers behind him failed to score enough stage points to realistically overtake him. Points are awarded throughout the race and the guys on the bubble needed to nail the stages to have a chance to pass Truex.

The drivers behind him failed to score enough stage points to realistically overtake him. Points are awarded throughout the race and the guys on the bubble needed to nail the stages to have a chance to pass Truex.

I know the rules. But I don't understand how a guy who was supposedly 17th in the points gets "locked in" without improving his 36th place in the running order

Well NBC lied then, because they interviewed him after the wreck and said he was out of the playoffs "as they ran" at the time

I think their points standing updates assume the guys will finish the stage/race where they were running. So because Wallace, Buescher and others didn’t finish the stage where they were running at the time of the interview, it didn’t pan out.

Denny being behind the 5 makes just a tad nervous here

I think their points standing updates assume the guys will finish the stage/race where they were running. So because Wallace, Buescher and others didn’t finish the stage where they were running at the time of the interview, it didn’t pan out.

So, fake drama then. Of course

In fact, I'm more on board with Daytona on July 4th at 11am than anything for that race.

We hosted a race at 9am yesterday and I liked it, a lot.

I have a slight feeling these last 46 are going to become messy

Back
Top Bottom