Cup RACE thread --- Daytona

Good fun by all, nobody was hurt psychically or in the points and a winner who will never make it out of the first round. But competitive lol.

Wallace with another fantastic interview...
He's being brutally honest about his situation for Darlington.

Tyler has won and is a championship favorite, meanwhile the 23 crew has had speed. Just hasn't executed and he's taken accountability, that he really shouldn't have about the team being in this situation.

Brutal interview, but this team has a habit of pulling out some miracle moments. Maybe Darlington could be that, who knows?

I love how NBC showed the race instead of Samantha Busch and Kim Burton.

I really hope everyone else took notes on this broadcast.
Most of us aren't broadcast nerds. We watch the racing. The announcing is an ancillary it isn't the main focus. Sometimes it is more of an irritation than a plus.

He played the cards he was dealt. Good for him for going for it.

If he goes the recommended course of action, he probably finishes fifth or worse.

There are a few times I’ve thought Kyle Busch needed to be greedy and go for the win in the Daytona 500 instead of helping Denny Hamlin win.

High dollar win for the Wood Brothers.

I hope Burton’s contract cuts him in properly.

Good for Harrison. Not sure what the future holds for him but glad he had something positive happen for him. It’s been a rough 3 years after getting moved up too soon
This win probably helped him secure a full-time Cup ride with Kaulig or someone similar. That and some nice backing.

Is @StandOnIt okay? So close for KFB....but at least he showed his teammate how to refrain for being an a**hole. Big picture.

I was very concerned about Berry after that hit at that speed especially being upside down. I was so relieved to see him get out of the car uninjured. It definitely showed the safety aspect of the car itself. But I don't know if there would have been the same outcome had the car rolled up on its side and hit the wall directly with the roof. They also may have to do some more engineering and testing the flaps.

Win and you’re in needs to go. Just put the Top 12 in points in the playoffs.

Yeah it does. This sin't stick and ball. And when the last place car in the series gets this for winning just one race? It's ridiculous. I'm not mad at the team, but the points system is just too weird to get my brain around.

And they penalize Dillion for what he did with all this on the line. It never should be this way for winning a race.

And they penalize Dillion for what he did with all this on the line. It never should be this way for winning a race.

I am 100% convinced Dillon would have done the same thing even in a full season system. A win is a win and those are few and far between for Dillon.

He played the cards he was dealt. Good for him for going for it.

If he goes the recommended course of action, he probably finishes fifth or worse.

There are a few times I’ve thought Kyle Busch needed to be greedy and go for the win in the Daytona 500 instead of helping Denny Hamlin win.
Gotta say, this kid is better than what most people think. Does not look the part but... keep in mind, this is only his second time in a cup car. Week before last at Richmond was his first... and it was in a car that the owner has to piece together with salvaged parts. This weeks car was better. He played it safe the whole race until the last twenty or so laps, the strategy worked.

Gotta say, this kid is better than what most people think. Does not look the part but... keep in mind, this is only his second time in a cup car. Week before last at Richmond was his first... and it was in a car that the owner has to piece together with salvaged parts. This weeks car was better. He played it safe the whole race until the last twenty or so laps, the strategy worked.
Eh, he like many others were lucky as hell. All of the big guns were gone. It's a super speedway race. He started 3rd I believe and finished 7th the last restart. I think for his lack of experience he is somebody to build on.

Eh, he like many others were lucky as hell. All of the big guns were gone. It's a super speedway race. He started 3rd I believe and finished 7th the last restart. I think for his lack of experience he is somebody to build on.
He could have easily been wrapped up in one of those wrecks, but he held back.

I really just don' t enjoy these "plate" races anymore like I used to. It just seems like a parade waiting to crash and the guys that finish up front are mostly just lucky. I guess as they say I'd rather be lucky than good. It's cool to see Burton get his first win but let's not start trying to put him in the HOF yet. KB must be so bummed to come so close and get beat like that but kudos to him for not dumping HB. Imagine the s*%# storm that would have caused. I was so bummed that Chase got that much damage and got his first DNF of the year but we call that racing. TR has the regular season title all but locked up now. As for the wreck that took Chase out, I love how everyone jumped all over the 7 but really more of the blame on that goes to the 5. There was nothing blatant about it still looked to be more his fault than CL's. I love Chase's attitude in his interview.

Back
Top Bottom