Cup RACE thread --- Gateway

Ladies and Gents…do you realize we are just ONE race weekend away from these fine fellas being back into our lives?
B49C4E2D-F949-443A-8793-87EC2DA8BA35.jpegB851E1FA-CEDE-455E-8919-24B97241BA54.jpeg

I for one am ready. Because I actually enjoy people who have fun.
I’m excited to see them, they’re corny and goofy. I’ll like them until about 8 weeks when they annoy me but until then I’m ready. Let’s go!

Yeah, so it’s not in St Louis. So I ask again…
Same reason they call it “Charlotte” but it’s actually in Harrisburg NC, in a different county than Charlotte is.

when going there from Missouri and downtown Lou it is literally a few miles east of the city. Closer to STL than “Charlotte Motor Speedway” is to Charlotte.

Same reason they call it “Charlotte” but it’s actually in Harrisburg NC, in a different county than Charlotte is.

when going there from Missouri and downtown Lou it is literally a few miles east of the city. Closer to STL than “Charlotte Motor Speedway” is to Charlotte.
5 minutes from downtown St Louis

To add to this:

Atlanta Motor Speedway is in Hampton, Georgia, well over a half-hour from downtown Atlanta.

Chicagoland Speedway is close to an hour away from Chicago.

Phoenix Raceway is 20 miles from Phoenix.

Nashville Superspeedway is over a half-hour from Nashville.

The Washington Redskins Football Team Commanders play in Landover, Maryland. The New York Football Giants and New York Jets play in New Jersey.

To add to this:

Atlanta Motor Speedway is in Hampton, Georgia, well over a half-hour from downtown Atlanta.

Chicagoland Speedway is close to an hour away from Chicago.

Phoenix Raceway is 20 miles from Phoenix.

Nashville Superspeedway is over a half-hour from Nashville.

The Washington Redskins Football Team Commanders play in Landover, Maryland. The New York Football Giants and New York Jets play in New Jersey.
Why don't they call it Hampton Georgia Speedway? :dunce:

It's funny I guess would be the best word for it. These guys are running 3 and 4 wide in the corners bouncing off each other because they can, in the old cars their would be bent fenders, flats, spins and wrecks and we have an eye-n-stein crying about an occasional toe link failure from hard contact. Hambone in the old car would have had to go to the garage lol. It's so stupid it's funny lol.

🤷🏻‍♂️
Remember when the cars weren’t porcelain? Surely, you must.
Composite bodies are strong, suspension is delicate like open wheel garbage.
I remember a lot, What exactly is your problem with the suspension?

It's funny I guess would be the best word for it. These guys are running 3 and 4 wide in the corners bouncing off each other because they can, in the old cars their would be bent fenders, flats, spins and wrecks and we have an eye-n-stein crying about an occasional toe link failure from hard contact. Hambone in the old car would have had to go to the garage lol. It's so stupid it's funny lol.
all true

Hamlin should have been black flagged for his intentional blocking and general bull**** with Chastain. The data clearly showed Chastain braked to avoid hitting Denny when he washed up in front of him. Chastain. Didn’t deserve to be impeded in his forward advancement when Hamlin was already 3 laps down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh I see. Yeah I pretty much always came in from the east on 44 to 55 from downtown
I dont know the road, we drove in from the private one pretty close to the track but I remember my hotel being close to the baseball stadium.

Hamlin should have been black flagged for his intentional blocking and general bull**** with Chastain. The data clearly showed Chastain braked to avoid hitting Denny when he washed up in front of him. Chastain. Didn’t deserve to be impeded in his forward advancement when Hamlin was already 3 laps down.

He should have taken care of it.

They told him, but it went on too long before they did

I don’t think Zane Smith is affiliated with any team or signed to a manufacturer that would hinder his path to a Cup ride is he? If not, speaking as a total fan here but Brad should find a way (sponsors) to sign Zane to an Xfinity contract as that would be a great way to get the Roush Xfinity program back up running and get another Ford in the series. Then when the time is right, move him up to Cup. I was really impressed with his showing yesterday, didn’t get in any kind of trouble what so ever.

I think Gateway is what New Hampshire was supposed to be? I mean NH has had sone awesome races the past few years adding PJ1 to the mix.

However, I was impressed overall with what I saw. Passing was difficult, but I think it was very entertaining yesterday.

Zane Smith's stock rose up a ton yesterday.

Reactions: Pat
Think the pit crew had a lot to do with it

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
Only when he has a bad day is the pit crew (or whoever else) has anything to do with how he fared. Good runs+All Kyle (in the majority of his fans minds),

Back
Top Bottom