Cup RACE thread --- Indy Road Course

Battle for a stage point lolol

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Well *^%#. Hooters scheme will finish 2’d again. ‘Tis not meant to be.

It really is. Like wow. Time is also. Just noticed it’s been like an hour since it started. Does not feel like it
It’s going by faster because Jeff Burton’s squealing has been held to a minimum

Burton has no idea that Davison is on the lead lap. Not really shocked.

Honestly looks like the 5 is just making flat out better grip and power right now and power.

That in car shot just looked like the 9 didn't have the rear grip.

Larson made a great move using 15 as a pick
There was a lapped car that held Chase up, but you have to admit that Larson’s braking skills into each zone are unmatched. Even getting to the speed line in the pits he got half a car length on Chase.

Wonder if chase is short shifting compared to Larson? They’ve repeatedly told him save fuel all day.
Again?

What's the point of saving fuel during the first 2 stages other than trying to get a feel on a potential late race fuel mileage situation?

Honestly looks like the 5 is just making flat out better grip and power right now and power.

That in car shot just looked like the 9 didn't have the rear grip.

Talk on 9’s radio is that Larson is better braking into turn 8-9-10 section and Chase feels he has to tiptoe.

I missed the first stage, thought the race started at 3.

What's up with Truex? I thought he'd be decent today.

Again?

What's the point of saving fuel during the first 2 stages other than trying to get a feel on a potential late race fuel mileage situation?

Gustafson gonna Gustafson?

I missed the first stage, thought the race started at 3.

What's up with Truex? I thought he'd be decent today.

Chastain hit him in first couple laps, crumpled fender. He pitted early and hasn’t been heard from since.

Talk on 9’s radio is that Larson is better braking into turn 8-9-10 section and Chase feels he has to tiptoe.
Uh oh, I just tuned into the 9 and Cliff and Kyle were just talking about how a lot of the other guys are using more brakes than him. Sounds like Larson has a bit of braking speed in the bank still, but also still sounds like he's trying to figure out how he wants to brake.

Looks a lot like Sonoma, imo. Where Larson was making so much speed through heavy braking and could keep the power in.

I think the braking this may be a testament to Larsons talent, but the rear end grip through late corner seems to be a Cliff thing. Car looked great that run. We'll see.

There was a lapped car that held Chase up, but you have to admit that Larson’s braking skills into each zone are unmatched. Even getting to the speed line in the pits he got half a car length on Chase.
That’s what is crazy to me. I always thought Larson’s advantage on field was his immense throttle control and Chase’s advantage at roadies was his braking. If Larson’s got the braking too now…. Oh boy.

Gustafson gonna Gustafson?
Well don't forget, he did make it a point last championship finale that he's "won at Phoenix with every driver I've worked with", so, he must do something right.

At Phoenix ..

That’s what is crazy to me. I always thought Larson’s advantage on field was his immense throttle control and Chase’s advantage at roadies was his braking. If Larson’s got the braking too now…. Oh boy.
Larson finally figured out how to conserve brakes early on and I think that was Chase's strength

Chase does have great braking skills. Larson showed up with the same equipment and got his wife to hold his beer.

Back
Top Bottom