Cup RACE thread --- Indy

Just call it , let Kyle get his win and lets move on with our day, I can go watch rerun's of The Simpsons, it will be more exciting than Indy :laugh:

This is the last race I'll ever drive to, thus attend. Always rains, I waste days off of work. No one here. All the concessions under our stands closed. Just stupid.

They are saying this rain can last 30-45 minutes, and it's about two hours to dry the track. So I'm thinking 5:30 start time and about a two hour window to finish this thing. Another GG NASCAR moment waiting all day to start a race.
Thanks. That's useful if unwelcome information.

This is the last race I'll ever drive to, thus attend. Always rains, I waste days off of work. No one here. All the concessions under our stands closed. Just stupid.
lol that's really depressing when you put it like that.

Based on the radar they just showed, the weather is breaking apart. LOL nice!

A short burst of heavy rain is imminent:

Indy Radar 2.gif

So 645 possible green flag if it stops now and then only takes 2 hours. Will they even bother today? I find it hard to believe.

They need to build more tracks out here in the west where it rarely rains. We haven't had any rain in 3 months. Seems it's always raining east of the Rockies.

When we walked in I about cried for the vendors.

The whole thing is just sad. I don't see how this is "good for the sport". NBC can't be happy and that's what really matters. They run promos all week for this "huge" event and no ones there. I'd wager money that once the contract is up the race is gone. The date change is not going to help.....

The whole thing is just sad. I don't see how this is "good for the sport". NBC can't be happy and that's what really matters. They run promos all week for this "huge" event and no ones there. I'd wager money that once the contract is up the race is gone. The date change is not going to help.....

And ticket prices aren't bad at all!!! And there's still no one here. My family of 8 came for 107!!!!

NBC isn't turning loose of rights to the (British) Open. That means a race on this weekend in the Eastern time zone won't start before 2:30. If NASCAR wanted to consider possible delays (not likely), the third weekend in July should be scheduled at a track with lights or a track in a more westerly time zone.

It gets beaten to death but I'm so shocked at the drop off. I really almost want to tear up over how many people cared and now there is almost no one at this faculty in many spots around it. Just a real bummer.

And ticket prices aren't bad at all!!! And there's still no one here. My family of 8 came for 107!!!!

The only thing that can save this race imo is to reach out to every single person who attended the race since 1994 and offer some sort for free or $10 deal for the 25th anniversary and see if you can spark some interest in it again. They did something like that for the 100th 500 and there was a significant attendance increase. Granted, even at the low point the 500 was still getting 200k+. Now it's 300k+ again. The crowds nearing a half million like in the late 80's, early 90's are long gone but that's ok...

It gets beaten to death but I'm so shocked at the drop off. I really almost want to tear up over how many people cared and now there is almost no one at this faculty in many spots around it. Just a real bummer.
I remember watching in 1994 and being amazed at it. It was automatically the 2nd biggest day of the season after the Daytona 500.

Help me here I don't recall... when is NASCARs contract up here at IMS, 2018?

No but I think the point is, always schedule it early so once the track dries you can still get the race in.....or better chance at least.
But dude, there are literally millions of Californians watching NASCAR programming weekly.

NBC isn't turning loose of rights to the (British) Open. That means a race on this weekend in the Eastern time zone won't start before 2:30. If NASCAR wanted to consider possible delays (not likely), the third weekend in July should be scheduled at a track with lights or a track in a more westerly time zone.
It's New Hampshire next year lol.

It's honestly saddening. This is supposed to be a marquee event and it probably gets outdrawn by ****** Purdue football games.

Back
Top Bottom