Cup RACE thread --- Indy

I remember that day and the build up! It was a huge moment in North American sports. It went well beyond NASCAR. And to what it's become. It would be like the Rose Bowl playing host to Bowling Green and South Alabama in front of 8k people. It's not right...
Yeah it was amazing. Place was packed. Gordon & Irvan battling it out for the win. You could tell how bad the teams wanted to win. It was like the last 10 laps of the Daytona 500. Drivers would of risked tearing up cars to get that trophy. Points meant nothing on that day. Was HUGE.
it never recovered from the year they had to throw a caution every 10 laps cause Goodyear brought those junk tires. Killed it the same way the F1 race got killed.

The energy for this event in the 90s.... yes! It was truly an event every NASCAR fan looked forward to. I made my first race in 96 there and it was packed. Could not fit anymore in the place.

Yeah it was amazing. Place was packed. Gordon & Irvan battling it out for the win. You could tell how bad the teams wanted to win. It was like the last 10 laps of the Daytona 500. Drivers would of risked tearing up cars to get that trophy. Points meant nothing on that day. Was HUGE.
it never recovered from the year they had to throw a caution every 10 laps cause Goodyear brought those junk tires. Killed it the same way the F1 race got killed.

I agree the tire debacle of '11 ruined this race more than anything. Even with NASCAR's decline I think this race is still getting 150k'ish which is fine. As a NASCAR fan if it still looked like an event and fun to attend I'd go. I'd sit in the middle of turn 4 and be content to just be there and soak it all in. But there's no way in hell I'd go now.

In general, I think people have honestly turned against this event since that disaster 6 years ago. The so-so racing, brutal heat and thunderstorms and natural decline in popularity have only made it worse.

Look at how much fun xfinity series is with a guy like Byron winning. Feels good!

I'm watching the PGA Tour event (for non-Open qualifiers) from Alabama. It's 97 degrees right now which made me think back to Talladega in July! I'm pretty sure the DieHard 500 was this week before it got moved to the fall in the late 90's.....

I have come the conclusion, this happens because they don't make a DVR for smart phones. That's why I keep hearing things like that. o_O
Actually I could watch what I want on my smartphone, or my Xbox so I can see on tv. DVR won't help with that. So yeah. I could start it from the start late. But I wanna watch LIVE. I don't want to be behind.

Actually I could watch what I want on my smartphone, or my Xbox so I can see on tv. DVR won't help with that. So yeah. I could start it from the start late. But I wanna watch LIVE. I don't want to be behind.
Watch your wrastlin on the tube & the race on your laptop/phone.

Another cell on the way. If it hits, it'll be around 6-6:30

Back
Top Bottom