Cup RACE thread --- Indy

Is it me, or does Kyle look like he is faking his excitement for being the "regular season champ"

Not a bash on Kyle.

Amusing how much NASCAR and NBC tries to push this “playoff” thing.

And how little the viewership actually cares about any of the synthetic corny drama.

Denny being Denny

Denny is a little bitter. That's nothing, Larson has had about 15 or more wins stolen because of cautions.

looked like ol Jaimie jacked Boyer's tires up on the last restart. I sure would like to see a replay NBCSN

Yeah he choked the last 2 starts away. Not the first time he's done that this year either.

14 team left one on the table today. Had the best car, lost the lead by waiting too long to pit.

Clint then blows the last two restarts. He’s lucky Jamie didn’t dump on the 2nd to last one.

Regular season champion is still the corniest thing ever

IMO, it's more meaningful than the ridiculous playoff championship.

At least the "regular season championship" means you were the best driver of the first 26 races.

The actual playoff championship means you were the luckiest driver of the last 10 races.

At least the "regular season championship" means you were the best driver of the first 26 races.

The actual playoff championship means you were the luckiest driver of the last 10 races.
True.
Playoffs and eliminations suck.
JMO.

Valid point, you had to be best for 26 races.

I’m no fan of Denny, but I actually liked what he said. A Brickyard 400 win means a lot more than stupid points in a playoff circus.

Wish more drivers would answer honestly when the blabbering monkeys ask them about their “championship hopes”.

I’m no fan of Denny, but I actually liked what he said. A Brickyard 400 win means a lot more than stupid points in a playoff circus. Wish more drivers would answer honestly when the blabbering monkeys ask them about their “championship hopes”.
Unpopular opinion , but he made valid points

I’m no fan of Denny, but I actually liked what he said. A Brickyard 400 win means a lot more than stupid points in a playoff circus.

Wish more drivers would answer honestly when the blabbering monkeys ask them about their “championship hopes”.
good point. The announcers are on another planet. Paul Wolfe did the same thing when he was interviewed.

Cup Series should be the best of the best. Merit based. Jeffrey Earnhardt couldn’t get hired as a tire changer but someone keeps putting him in a Cup car. I seriously wouldn’t mind seeing a 20 car field if it keeps the demolition derby hacks from affecting the outcome of a Cup race. Last week we saw drivers complaining about guys like the 99 running 20mph off the pace up in the racing groove.

Cup Series should be the best of the best. Merit based. Jeffrey Earnhardt couldn’t get hired as a tire changer but someone keeps putting him in a Cup car. I seriously wouldn’t mind seeing a 20 car field if it keeps the demolition derby hacks from affecting the outcome of a Cup race. Last week we saw drivers complaining about guys like the 99 running 20mph off the pace up in the racing groove.
Agreed. It should be merit based. You have to win multiple races, or a championship in a previous series just to be considered.

Back
Top Bottom