Cup RACE thread --- Kansas

JJ: Thanks for never giving up, we made it
Chad: Absolutely pitiful performance today

:XXROFL:

I heard that.

"We gotta get to work".

I honestly miss the 2006-2013 days when the 48 team was putting a whooping on everyone without even having "the fastest car".. the good old days. I'd welcome a race or two where it's just a 48 domination for nostalgia's sake. Some of these newer fans didn't get to experience those days. There was respect in rooting against Jimmie for like 5 years

Hell of a race and the playoff points were all over the place. Never would have thought Larson wouldn't make it when the story going in was if the 18 or 48 would make it in. Then that late caution and Kyle dropped all the way to +1 and rebounds for a top 10. Also the 20 team getting bit by the repair clock rules ruining his chances, just a crazy race.

I heard that.

"We gotta get to work".

I honestly miss the 2006-2013 days when the 48 team was putting a whooping on everyone without even having "the fastest car".. the good old days. I'd welcome a race or two where it's just a 48 domination for nostalgia's sake. Some of these newer fans didn't get to experience those days. There was respect in rooting against Jimmie for like 5 years
I miss when the 48 could tune on the car throughout the race and get up to the front. So often they didn't dominate, but improved over the course of the race. Seems like this season especially if you don't unload fast, it's just not going to happen.

I miss when the 48 could tune on the car throughout the race and get up to the front. So often they didn't dominate, but improved over the course of the race. Seems like this season especially if you don't unload fast, it's just not going to happen.
Your boy made it to Martinsville. You got huge chances.

He was a team member. He died last night.

Wouldn’t it be disrespectful to ignore that?
If Truex wants to bring it up he can. Its respectful to let them mourn or grieve their own way.

To bring it up forcefully is a disgrace. Whether its a death or Sherry's medical condition, its every race he wins that Krista brings tragedy into the celebration for rating's and headline's sake.

Wow that's a lame trophy
Second place
emporers_cup_sumo_wrestling_56279404.jpg

Interview winner twice. Who else do they have time to interview? How about we go to the 11th place finisher. Then the 10th place finisher. Oh, lets grab the 29th place finisher. Screw anyone else in the top ten.

It's been like that since 2015, actually. I'm looking forward to the gen 7.

It wasn't just the 48 though. I mean, yeah, when Jimmie got a car he liked, he was the definition of unbeatable, even more so than the 78 and 18 of today. He was better and more confident than his competition, as was the team. It's why they stayed ahead for so many years. As you said, you didn't necessarily NEED to unload fast, you could adjust. But it wasn't just Jimmie. The team did it better and way more often, but so often you would see someone just adjust the car and it would be good enough to win by the end. A few of Biffle's wins were like that, a lot of Carl's wins in 2008 were like that (Michigan and Bristol against Kyle Busch), the 17 team did it a lot, 29 too. 24 as well.

Remember this? "comers and goers"? No? Me either, because NASCAR racing isn't like that anymore.

Some of you are missing the point....Jimmie is in the next round where Martinsville and Texas await. He’s going to Miami, book it.

He is. But I don't think they'll compete at Miami.

Called it all year, it's the streak of this format.

Defending champion makes the final four the following year.

If Truex wants to bring it up he can. Its respectful to let them mourn or grieve their own way.

To bring it up forcefully is a disgrace. Whether its a death or Sherry's medical condition, its every race he wins that Krista brings tragedy into the celebration for rating's and headline's sake.
Nonsense. There is no major televised sport or event whose announcers would not reference the man’s death.

It's been like that since 2015, actually. I'm looking forward to the gen 7.

It wasn't just the 48 though. I mean, yeah, when Jimmie got a car he liked, he was the definition of unbeatable, even more so than the 78 and 18 of today. He was better and more confident than his competition, as was the team. It's why they stayed ahead for so many years. As you said, you didn't necessarily NEED to unload fast, you could adjust. But it wasn't just Jimmie. The team did it better and way more often, but so often you would see someone just adjust the car and it would be good enough to win by the end. A few of Biffle's wins were like that, a lot of Carl's wins in 2008 were like that (Michigan and Bristol against Kyle Busch), the 17 team did it a lot, 29 too. 24 as well.

Remember this? "comers and goers"? No? Me either, because NASCAR racing isn't like that anymore.
Well said.

The sook level on this forum when truex wins is unreal.

Funny but unreal.
Not here. He's been the best car all year at many tracks and really deserves the title. I would hate to see the 48 handed another one because someone does a bonehead move like Edwards did at Homestead last year.

He is. But I don't think they'll compete at Miami.

Called it all year, it's the streak of this format.

Defending champion makes the final four the following year.
Didn't compete for 95% of the race last year either :D

The sook level on this forum when truex wins is unreal.

Funny but unreal.

No hate IMHO, its everything else that comes along with it.

Lets talk about how "Small" FRR is, his girfriend with Cancer, Truex's multiple hometowns, team located in Denver, adversity, etc.

I personally do not dislike Truex at all, honestly its all of the other nonsensical banter that comes along with him in winning. Also, you just flat-out run out of things to talk about after winning so much. Lol.

Just replay the Fall Texas race from '15, that was schooling down to a T.

First time people ever cheered for him.

Brad Keselowski leads 300+ laps, has 0.3 on everyone. 48 runs 3-5 the entire race, but gets those fresh tires and got it done in 20 laps.

Brad was in shock in the post race interview, his hands were literally shaking, I remember. That's Jimmie Johnson, Bruh.

First time people ever cheered for him.

Brad Keselowski leads 300+ laps, has 0.3 on everyone. 48 runs 3-5 the entire race, but gets those fresh tires and got it done in 20 laps.

Brad was in shock in the post race interview, his hands were literally shaking, I remember. That's Jimmie Johnson, Bruh.
One of my favorite finishes

not many thought they would compete last year

Yessir. He was my pick to win it all after Chicago. He dominated 3 of the 4 first chase races last year. Chicago, Dover, and Charlotte, and also was scary fast at phoenix, and Martinsville. They had all the speed back right away, not this year. They will be 4th if they make it this year, I think.

Back
Top Bottom