Cup RACE thread --- Kentucky

Absolutely ridiculous. That restart, they were even. Way more HP. Disgusting.

Vickers and Stenhouse did too. Truex, again, is not the same Calibur driver as Kes, Kenseth, Harvick, nevermind Johnson, Stewart, etc. It is ALL horsepower with that team, and NASCAR in general. Believe what you want but he doesn't have THAT kind of talent.

Jr outran him on the same team
All the Toyota engines are built by TRD, so not sure why they would give Truex more hp.

He won 2 Busch championships, dominating both years. He just finally has the car to show his talent. Always knew he had this in him.

Truex is a damn good racecar driver. Somebody has to turn the wheel. The 78 car is in another zip code obviously. But Martin is doing his job putting it in victory lane.

lol a few times is not dominating, thats just being good a few times, he is dominating this year , and last year.

I didn't say he dominated the season. I said there were quite a few times the 56 team had the field covered and lost races late. When Truex is on, he is dominate.

Btw, his first win driving the 1 car for DEI, he led more than half the race at Dover.

Chase sounds dejected even with a top 5. Doesnt sound like he's got his heart in it o_O

Truex is a damn good racecar driver. Somebody has to turn the wheel. The 78 car is in another zip code obviously. But Martin is doing his job putting it in victory lane.

Of course he is, but the job isn't what it was.

Do you think if Keselowski, Johnson, Harvick, Kyle Busch, Logano, Larson, Kenseth, or Hamlin were in that kind of equipment they wouldn't be outperforming what Martin is doing right now?

People blame the 48 for cheating, and cite the team for his long success but even they never did this, and he dominated the most competitive era when the driver had to really drive the car in the corners. I do not think Truex is more talented than Dale Jr.

No doubt. But Truex can obviously drive. I doubt you stick Kevin Conway in that car and get the same result.

Put Harvick, Kyle, or Keselowski in that car and they'd do even better.

Put Truex in the 2, and he may get a win or two, and scrap his way into the chase without being a favorite. That's the point.

The timing of these late race cautions is a thing of wonder. Can't help but laugh in disgust every week.

What does everyone think of this post burn of interview stuff? And is it really necessary to interview them in VL 2 mins after?

Put Harvick, Kyle, or Keselowski in that car and they'd do even better.

Put Truex in the 2, and he may get a win or two, and scrap his way into the chase without being a favorite. That's the point.

I never said Truex was better than those guys. Those are the best drivers in the sport. I'd say he's a top 15 driver.

I'm mostly arguing with the folks who wanna act like Truex is Michael Waltrip.

Imo Martin is a smidge above average, but not stellar. Put anyone with Jamie McMurray level talant or higher in thar car & will have the same results.

Can't argue with this. Either way, the Gen 6 sucks. This track sucks. That race was a clunker. They need build something from scratch cause this **** ain't getting it done.

I really don't mean to disrespect Truex and obviously car and team will be a major factor in most racing series, but this is a guy who Juan Montoya wiped the floor with when they were teammates for a year. Clint Bowyer outperformed him over the two years they were teammates. I'm trying to think of who else he was paired with as teammates before but you can see my point. I hate to rain on the parade but it is honestly a little bothersome to see a guy's equipment help him outperform this much. I think, all things equal, MTJ would be a consistent playoff participant and occasional race winner but when he wipes the floor with the field likes this...holy cow.

The timing of these late race cautions is a thing of wonder. Can't help but laugh in disgust every week.

What does everyone think of this post burn of interview stuff? And is it really necessary to interview them in VL 2 mins after?
I actually like the camera angle but I find the interview unnecessary.

I really don't mean to disrespect Truex and obviously car and team will be a major factor in most racing series, but this is a guy who Juan Montoya wiped the floor with when they were teammates for a year. Clint Bowyer outperformed him over the two years they were teammates. I'm trying to think of who else he was paired with as teammates before but you can see my point. I hate to rain on the parade but it is honestly a little bothersome to see a guy's equipment help him outperform this much. I think, all things equal, MTJ would be a consistent playoff participant and occasional race winner but when he wipes the floor with the field likes this...holy cow.
Bingo.

I never said Truex was better than those guys. Those are the best drivers in the sport. I'd say he's a top 15 driver.

He isn't. He is a top 15 driver. I'd put him 11-15. 11-15 drivers shouldn't be this dominant. It reveals a lot of what NASCAR has become.
Drivers who are the "guy to beat" have always been among the best in the sport, for as long as I can remember..legit, championship calibur drivers.

2001-Gordon
2002-Stewart
2003-Kenseth
2004-Gordon
2005-Stewart (just look at all his best races)
2006-Johnson
2007-Gordon/Johnson(rewatch Jimmie's 4 wins in a row, just look at the cars).
2008-Edwards
2009-Johnson/Stewart
2010-Harvick/Hamlin
2011-Edwards
2012-Johnson/Keselowski
2013-Johnson
2014-Harvick
2015-Harvick

Notice a trend? They did have the best cars, but the next best teams weren't THAT far behind, the talent put the results on track over the edge, these guys were all among the best.

Great race TRD domination! Freakin' love it! Love the posts about the horsepower and the car! Awesome night!

I just dont like seeing a bottom end top 15 driver be THE guy. I've never seen that in the 16+ years I've been a fan.

It's not the NASCAR I know. It's why I've become such a fan of the 48, because it's nostalgic. He doesn't have super fast cars anymore, but he still beats the best cars (remember when the 4 was dominant), by just being better at driving cup cars than everyone else in the sport.

He isn't. He is a top 15 driver. I'd put him 11-15. 11-15 drivers shouldn't be this dominant. It reveals a lot of what NASCAR has become.
Drivers who are the "guy to beat" have always been among the best in the sport, for as long as I can remember..legit, championship calibur drivers.

2001-Gordon
2002-Stewart
2003-Kenseth
2004-Gordon
2005-Stewart (just look at all his best races)
2006-Johnson
2007-Gordon/Johnson(rewatch Jimmie's 4 wins in a row, just look at the cars).
2008-Edwards
2009-Johnson/Stewart
2010-Harvick/Hamlin
2011-Edwards
2012-Johnson/Keselowski
2013-Johnson
2014-Harvick
2015-Harvick

Notice a trend? They did have the best cars, but the next best teams weren't THAT far behind, the talent put the results on track over the edge, these guys were all among the best.
To be fair, 2014 was Gordon by a country mile.

The only interviews I saw were with JJ and BKez. JJ graciously accepted being taken out by BKez and BKez essentially said what happened to him was inevitable.

Back
Top Bottom