Cup RACE thread --- Kentucky

I agree that they could talk about something else, but plenty of people do care about 7-Time.

Not what I meant. The 48 is a 20th place car. They’re acting like he’s on some race altering strategy.

the way Hendrick cars have ruined this year you all who said Jr was not trying last year all need to say sorry to him cause its clear Hendrick cars are no better than RCR at this point.

Not what I meant. The 48 is a 20th place car. They’re acting like he’s on some race altering strategy.
Track position means everything here. It might be race altering, not winning.

Interesting to see how these different strategies will play out. Bold play by the 22

Don't include the 9 in these HMS jokes. They can at least run on the lead lap lol.
They start out fast each weekend and race, and proceed to go backwards or get caught up in someone else’s mess. The 9 has run well this year, just have had something go wrong at opportune times

The new, not-just-a-muscle-car lapped Germany's Nurburgring Nordschleife in 7:16:04 in the hands of a Chevrolet test driver, making it the 14th fastest production car at the 12.9-mile-long circuit.

It’s more or less the Camaro is garbage I would say. It’s laughable they knew they were going to this car with enough time to prepare. What the hell was Chevy researching if they were researching?
They designed it around a different set of rules so there's that. But they also shouldn't be getting trashed on by the #42 so much.

The new, not-just-a-muscle-car lapped Germany's Nurburgring Nordschleife in 7:16:04 in the hands of a Chevrolet test driver, making it the 14th fastest production car at the 12.9-mile-long circuit.
You know I thought tonight’s race was taking place at the Nurburgring, looks similar to Kentucky

They designed it around a different set of rules so there's that. But they also shouldn't be getting trashed on by the #42 so much.
Yea the rules I think changed but man for all Chevys to be so far off, it’s unexcusable in my book

The 2017 Chevy Camaro ZL1, with 650 horsepower and 650 pound-feet of torque, just set a time of 7:29.6 on the Nürburgring. It sounds damn good, but to most people who don’t care about some random track in Germany, that’s sort of meaningless. So here’s a list of cars it just beat:

• Lamborghini Gallardo LP570-4 Superleggera
  • Koenigsegg CCX
  • Ford Shelby GT350R
  • Porsche 911 GT2
  • Mercedes-AMG GT S
  • McLaren 650S Spider
  • Jaguar XJ220
  • Caterham R500 Superlight
  • Trabant

The 2017 Chevy Camaro ZL1, with 650 horsepower and 650 pound-feet of torque, just set a time of 7:29.6 on the Nürburgring. It sounds damn good, but to most people who don’t care about some random track in Germany, that’s sort of meaningless. So here’s a list of cars it just beat:

• Koenigsegg CCX
  • Ford Shelby GT350R
  • Porsche 911 GT2
  • Mercedes-AMG GT S
  • McLaren 650S Spider
  • Jaguar XJ220
  • Trabant
Call us when any of those submit a chassis for approval.

The point is Chevy isn't racing in Germany against those cars. It's racing on US ovals against Ford and Toyota. Your stats are irrelevant.

• Koenigsegg CCX
  • Ford Shelby GT350R
  • Porsche 911 GT2
  • Mercedes-AMG GT S
  • McLaren 650S Spider
  • Jaguar XJ220
  • Trabant
Its not a random track to me, but comparing what the street car does on the ring to how the purpose built NASCAR race car that has nothing in common with the nameplate is running on ovals is a bit silly.

• Koenigsegg CCX
  • Ford Shelby GT350R
  • Porsche 911 GT2
  • Mercedes-AMG GT S
  • McLaren 650S Spider
  • Jaguar XJ220
  • Trabant
not to mention bang for the buck

The point is that it takes awhile to work out a new body.The potential is there they have to figure it out.

Back
Top Bottom