Cup RACE thread --- Las Vegas

He was absolutely lucky to have won both stages, had a tire advantage both times because of decisions made around him. Caught an insanely timely caution after screwing up, and was 50 feet away from losing at the end. That's pretty fortunate if you ask me. View it how you want. From what I saw, whoever was out front looked dominant. The 6 looked like a world beater at one point too, Larson was trapped in 4th without a prayer
It was really hard for anyone to pass unless you had tire advantage. But the 6 was holding up guys a lot. And Larson did make 3 separate passes for the lead, 2 on the 20 1 on the 6.

Bell was marginally better over the entire tire run, due to long run pace. 2 best cars were the 20/5.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

All that bad luck yet he’s locked into the final after the first race of round of 8. People were being too reactionary earlier in the playoffs imo. Things change so quickly with this format.
It's good to see people involved, but yeah it is painful sometimes lol.

He was absolutely lucky to have won both stages, had a tire advantage both times because of decisions made around him. Caught an insanely timely caution after screwing up, and was 50 feet away from losing at the end. That's pretty fortunate if you ask me. View it how you want. From what I saw, whoever was out front looked dominant. The 6 looked like a world beater at one point too, Larson was trapped in 4th without a prayer 🤷🏻‍♂️
It's called racing, sometimes you have a little luck, other times it bites you in the butt. Larson has had more than his fair share of race wins taken away because of late cautions and the ensuing carnage. No matter what you think, he still led the most laps, hence deserved to win.

It was really hard for anyone to pass unless you had tire advantage. But the 6 was holding up guys a lot. And Larson did make 3 separate passes for the lead, 2 on the 20 1 on the 6.

Bell was marginally better over the entire tire run, due to long run pace. 2 best cars were the 20/5.

lol. There were only three cars that ran above 183.

1697408659547.png

Reactions: Pat
Kyle Larson is the best driver in NASCAR without a doubt. I always thought he had a high ceiling dating back to his Ganassi days. He's living up to the hype & then some. Adding another championship trophy to his collection will ascend him on the all-time ranks big time, & with the speed & consistency he's showing as of late, it's a strong possibility that ring #2 is coming. He's barely 31 years of age, I could see 50+ wins & 3+ titles when it's all said & done.

Kyle Larson is the best driver in NASCAR without a doubt. I always thought he had a high ceiling dating back to his Ganassi days. He's living up to the hype & then some. Adding another championship trophy to his collection will ascend him on the all-time ranks big time, & with the speed & consistency he's showing as of late, it's a strong possibility that ring #2 is coming. He's barely 31 years of age, I could see 50+ wins & 3+ titles when it's all said & done.
:p

He's probably had at least a dozen or more wins robbed because of late cautions.

I think Tony Stewart - like numbers are a reasonable prediction.

All that bad luck yet he’s locked into the final after the first race of round of 8. People were being too reactionary earlier in the playoffs imo. Things change so quickly with this format.
Big names that have had good regular seasons have missed the final four before, this format is not at all a slam dunk. You are right in that things change quickly and sometimes not for the best

He's probably had at least a dozen or more wins robbed because of late cautions.
I would say like 5. And most of those were this year.

Let's not get carried away lol

He is exceptional.....but he is beatable.....and Bell damn near did on a great day for the 5. This is going to be fun.

In one more lap the 20 would’ve been the best car.
Yep, but that is cool when you think about it. These guys set up and strategize a race to the last fraction of an inch....and that's what the finish was.....good stuff. Larson is the favorite, but not a lock. This is awesome. I'm up for upsets.

Yep, but that is cool when you think about it. These guys set up and strategize a race to the last fraction of an inch....and that's what the finish was.....good stuff. Larson is the favorite, but not a lock. This is awesome. I'm up for upsets.
I think Denny Hamlin is probably the guy in your camp.

Truex today was at best a 3rd place car, but piss poor execution gets them in trouble

Bell has probably had the most speed these playoffs outside of the 5/11, and is basically gonna be racing Truex these next few weeks. I'd give him an advantage.

As a Larson fan, I'd rather see Bell than Truex in the final 4. As we mentioned before, Bell isn't quite there yet, imo.

Really cool onboard with Bell. You can see how much more grip he has. You can also kind of see that he messed up 3&4 in a way that isn't shown on television.

Looks like he was just a little bit eager to get back to the gas, prior to landing. When he gets back to the gas, the car is still pushing up the track and he has to lift out of the throttle. Even if Larson didn't block him, and gave him a lane to the outside, Bell already gave away the momentum he initially had..and probably doesn't get much closer than Larson's RR quarter.

Larson's on board for comparison.

He’s still mulling over a 2024 Presidential bid. I imagine he’s preoccupied with that. 😇

And he won at Talladega, so there’s that. Keep the faith, Big John.

Blaney could very easily win Martinsville, and I'd instantly call him the favorite at Phoenix if he did. He is killer there.

Blaney could very easily win Martinsville, and I'd instantly call him the favorite at Phoenix if he did. He is killer there.
100%

Was the best car in both races last year.

This year, Byron, Larson and Harvick were better. But Byron and Larson were better because HMS had an edge at that point.

Blaney should have a few wins there already.

Back
Top Bottom