Cup RACE thread --- Loudon

Of course Jimmie Johnsom's pit crew scews him out of what would have likely been a top 5 finish. They have more speed, was riding on potentially 3 strait top 10s, I believe.

Also, I was at this race. 16 rows up, front stretch. Toyota's advantage is very real. Don't know the detail, but you can see where they are faster...specifically in RPMs.

I watched Kyle Busch pull Larson by 3 car lengths on the backstretch. The Toyotas, the 18, 78, and for one run, the 77 were flat out making more downforce. You could visibly see it with those cars. The weight of the car visibly appeared to roll forward blatantly more than anyone else. Also, the 18 was revved up higher, every lap he went by. In my 13 years coming here, I have never seen cars look so much faster than other cars. It was amazing.

Kyle drove a flawless race and deserved that win, without a doubt and until teams can find more downforce, the season is over. Details of all workes advantages aside, those cars today looked like they were running 20 extra hp.

From what I saw today, it really looked like a weight distribution thing.

Letarte now thinks KyBu's old pit crew is lifting up Suarez???

Suarez has his pit crew forcibly removed from him, and Letarte is acting like somebody did Suarez a favor???

So twisted - -these guys in the booth are Lousy...
I had to turn off the sound, it was like having a room full of screaming idiots in my home. They said so many stupid comments, I was done before the first stage

Of course Jimmie Johnsom's pit crew scews him out of what would have likely been a top 5 finish. They have more speed, was riding on potentially 3 strait top 10s, I believe.

Also, I was at this race. 16 rows up, front stretch. Toyota's advantage is very real. Don't know the detail, but you can see where they are faster...specifically in RPMs.

I watched Kyle Busch pull Larson by 3 car lengths on the backstretch. The Toyotas, the 18, 78, and for one run, the 77 were flat out making more downforce. You could visibly see it with those cars. The weight of the car visibly appeared to roll forward blatantly more than anyone else. Also, the 18 was revved up higher, every lap he went by. In my 13 years coming here, I have never seen cars look so much faster than other cars. It was amazing.

Kyle drove a flawless race and deserved that win, without a doubt and until teams can find more downforce, the season is over. Details of all workes advantages aside, those cars today looked like they were running 20 extra hp.

From what I saw today, it really looked like a weight distribution thing.
Sounds like a great day.

Candy car wins - Falcons win - Life is good :partytime:XXROFL::partytime

I watched the Eagles beat the Giants with time running out on an 61 yard field goal by a rookie replacement kicker. I watched the first 2 stages of the race but started nodding off in the last stage before bailing out on it altogether with 20 laps to go. IMO it was mind numbing.

Still sounds like Kyle Petty is in the booth

Atleast these guys clear their throats if phlegm is stuck in them. I cant count the amount of times I cringed because I could hear the mucus from his lungs come up his throat.

It was disgusting

Always better live :cheers:

My buddy and I brought a friend who is hardly a casual fan but he enjoyed himself. It is absolutely a "you need to just go to this".

"You can bring in alcohol" is usually a selling point.

I've never been Id'd there either. I'm 25, but I find it odd that they just let people walk in with beer

My buddy and I brought a friend who is hardly a casual fan but he enjoyed himself. It is absolutely a "you need to just go to this".

I've never been Id'd there either. I'm 25, but I find it odd that they just let people walk in with beer

Yet another reason CA blows. They'll write you a ticket for drinking in the damned parking lot, let alone bring in your own coolers.

Sounds like a partay...

Yet another reason CA blows. They'll write you a ticket for drinking in the damned parking lot, let alone bring in your own coolers.

You can't bring alcohol in to the track here either ..... its just as well .... I am stupid enough without drinking :D

You can't bring alcohol in to the track here either ..... its just as well .... I am stupid enough without drinking :D

Is it just a Nh thing? They have the employeed attendants look in your cooler, then you go.

Has to be cans of beer though.

Is it just a Nh thing? They have the employeed attendants look in your cooler, then you go.

The whole southeast/east coast lets you bring coolers in as far as I know.

I don't know of any tracks that allow alcohol to be carried in out here ..... PIR will let you bring in unopened soft drinks

I don't know of any tracks that allow alcohol to be carried in out here ..... PIR will let you bring in unopened soft drinks

I've done it at Charlotte....

You can still sneak **** in at Fontucky though :D

I've done it at Charlotte....

You can still sneak sh!t in at Fontucky though :D

The seating is so tight at PIR cup races that you barely have room to sit at all ...... no room for much of a cooler or anything else. I feel like a sardine at the cup race ..... its nationwide or truck for me

Nice job by Kyle Busch. Surprised that Martin got in the top five. Saw Jimmie, Joey, and Kasey all coming tantalizingly close to some good results.

No, this is a lot of Smoke:

fat-ass-smokeless-tony-stewart.jpg

(bump)

Nice job by Kyle Busch. Surprised that Martin got in the top five. Saw Jimmie, Joey, and Kasey all coming tantalizingly close to some good results.
Why u surprised his car that fast.. he almost still won race smh

You can bring in a soft sided cooler with canned beers in Richmond. You even get one re-entry to refill the cooler if you need to unless they changed that policy recently.

You can bring in a soft sided cooler with canned beers in Richmond. You even get one re-entry to refill the cooler if you need to unless they changed that policy recently.

I think if they banned coolers and alcoholic beverages at the tracks in the eastern time zone it would be the straw that broke the camel's back for many.

Because the car had damage. And it wasn't as fast. He's right
That's exactly what I'm saying .. the guy had damaged and still almost won.. his car was fast.. did u see where he finished?? Nobody else's car would have done what his car done yesterday

That's exactly what I'm saying .. the guy had damaged and still almost won.. his car was fast.. did u see where he finished?? Nobody else's car would have done what his car done yesterday
The damage was the left rear --- the nose and right side were intact --- that's the important side, the one that's leaned on in the corners. He was fortunate the left rear was pushed in, rather than out to create a sail-like effect. I've seen cars win with much worse damage than that.

The damage was the left rear --- the nose and right side were intact --- that's the important side, the one that's leaned on in the corners. He was fortunate the left rear was pushed in, rather than out to create a sail-like effect. I've seen cars win with much worse damage than that.

At Indy, you are only limited in cooler size and no glass bottles.

I have never known any track that has allowed glass bottles but I guess there are some that do allow it. A few years ago at Mid-Ohio they were selling some beer in cans and others in plastic bottles on one of the terraces. I can't ever remember drinking during a Nascar race as often times the weather was hot and I didn't want to have to run to the restroom every caution. Water was good for me!

I don't drink alcohol at the track either. I don't find it refreshing in the heat. I'll never forget the first Brickyard. We had seats 3 through 5 on an aisle and we were packed in like sardines. The two guys sitting in seats 1 and 2 were drinking when they got there and drank all day. They never appeared drunk or anything, and we had no issue with them, but we started counting and figured they missed nearly half the race in the restroom. We forget now what a tough ticket that was to get in 1994, and to spend most of the day waiting to pee just seems absurd.

I think if they banned coolers and alcoholic beverages at the tracks in the eastern time zone it would be the straw that broke the camel's back for many.

Maybe it's just folklore (and apologies if I told this story here before) but a guy I go to races with told me when he was a kid back in the 70's after Pocono first opened he said people would buy two tickets and set a keg on the seat next to them. Good story, whether true or not and certainly has some plausibility at Pocono.

Maybe it's just folklore (and apologies if I told this story here before) but a guy I go to races with told me when he was a kid back in the 70's after Pocono first opened he said people would buy two tickets and set a keg on the seat next to them. Good story, whether true or not and certainly has some plausibility at Pocono.

Seems believable, especially at Pocono. Old Indy, Pocono, and Watkins Glen had a pretty rowdy crowd from what I understand.

Track position at Loudon. His car was not as fast

Back
Top Bottom