Cup RACE thread --- Loudon

My gosh, the 19 is in another league now after an extended run.

Chase: "How many laps until something happens?"
Gustafson: "How many what?"
Chase: "Laps! How many laps until something happens. Pit, break, whatever."
Gustafson: "40 laps til the break."

I've never heard Chase so hopeless and dejected on radio. Is this rock bottom?

One of his 4 home tracks lol.

Fwiw... This one really is his home track as the North series came here a ton in the late 80s and early 90s and MTJ watched his dad race here.

A lot of people in the northeast feel the same way as Loudon has a huge history of hosting the modifieds and K/N series for the last 35 years. Dover, Pocono, and Watkins Glen never had that kind of racing at the grassroots level. In addition to ACT, PASS, SCCA, the few Indycar years, heck now they run open street stocks and modifieds once a year.

As a side note this is why I feel Loudon is safe on the NASCAR schedule. Despite Cup attendance lacking the track is rented out almost every weekend April-October. Heck they literally take the time to plow snow off the track in March to make sure it's ready to go in early spring. It's a moneymaker

Fwiw... This one really is his home track as the North series came here a ton in the late 80s and early 90s and MTJ watched his dad race here.

A lot of people in the northeast feel the same way as Loudon has a huge history of hosting the modifieds and K/N series for the last 35 years. Dover, Pocono, and Watkins Glen never had that kind of racing at the grassroots level. In addition to ACT, PASS, SCCA, the few Indycar years, heck now they run open street stocks and modifieds once a year.

As a side note this is why I feel Loudon is safe on the NASCAR schedule. Despite Cup attendance lacking the track is rented out almost every weekend April-October. Heck they literally take the time to plow snow off the track in March to make sure it's ready to go in early spring. It's a moneymaker

Martin is from South Jersey, dover and Pocono are both closer to South Jersey than Loudon is.

Thank you for the insightful post, I appreciate the info. Im right outside of Philly and plan to get to Loudon within the next couple years.

My girlfriend wanted to go this year but I dropped the ball and caught sh*t for it all weekend. lol!

Back
Top Bottom