Cup RACE thread --- Martinsville

I am all Team @Speedbowl14 right now. Go Preece, I want this for you!!!!

Thanks! Saw him race in Connecticut and the northeast for many many years! Hometrack driver for sure. Many memories of him, Rocco, Pennink, and the late, great Ted Christopher run weekly at Stafford for some of the best years of modified racing.

Thanks! Saw him race in Connecticut and the northeast for many many years! Hometrack driver for sure. Many memories of him, Rocco, Pennink, and the late, great Ted Christopher run weekly at Stafford for some of the best years of modified racing.
I know that feel, bro. I was a Jeff and Ward Burton fan long before anyone knew who the heck they were because I watched them race late models at South Boston and Orange County. I remember the stares and wtf looks I got when I went to the Coke 600 in 1994 (?) wearing a Ward Burton Hardees shirt. On the bad side, Jeff Gordon won his first race. On the positive side, my smoking future wife went with me wearing a tank top. Life is often good.

Edit: Pro tip: if she'll attend the Coke 600 with you as her first race, she's a keeper. Don't lose her.

2 crap cars in a battle for the lead.

11 to the point.

The biggest positive that I can pull from today is that the 4K feed from Fox Sports app (or YouTube TV if you have it) is absolutely gorgeous whether the racing sucks or not. I hope this becomes the norm.

I had some hopes after Richmond but not a lot happened since I tuned in. I don't think I've seen any passes except for the two by Denny
They keep tweaking aero. Until they look at those HUGE tires and brakes, and that transmission, nothing will change. If they insist on these gear ratios and 5 speeds, then at least go back to an analog transmission and clutch so that there is a penalty for blowing entry and grabbing 4th. I want to see a guy tap dancing on pedals instead of just reaching over after saying "oops, too deep."

Back
Top Bottom