Cup RACE thread --- Phoenix, Rd. 2

Phoenix isn't going to last long as the finale, because of the poor racing quality of this new aero package. But knowing NASCAR, they won't go back to Homestead or Atlanta for the finale, instead they'll have it at Texas or Auto Club

Chase reported hitting something just now of track with left front. When will it end?

Nah. Denny flat out with some hard championship calibur driving there.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Normally, I am always on the end of the "Hendrick gives the best stuff to the ## car", crap, and I still am. If that were the case, he'd still probably be giving "the best stuff" to the 48 for obvious reasons.

But the 9 is a top 3 car, all 3 other Hendrick cars miss it THAT much, and can't even run top 10? Clearly a team effort to get the 9 to homestead, just like there was to get the 48 into the playoffs at Indy with the personal, communication, and whole team effort. Chase even said so at Indy. Same thing is happening here at Phoenix. Must feel nice to have your boss in your corner, the only issue is those Gibbs cars lol.

Sadly, I think you’re right. Bring finale back to Atlanta!
Oh hell yeah!

I forgot about Homestead getting the boot out of the finale.

Phoenix? How anticlimactic.

Championship race at an awkwardly configured miler? What

Denny vs Logano VII.....no crew member flying in to horsecollar

Love it. 11 crowds the 9 hard, 9 giving it right back without wrecking each other.

11 may win his way into Homestead here.

Thought he was toast.

Cut right rear. It’s over. That’s the one Denny crumpled in frustration.

edit: I’m dumb. Denny hit left rear.

Reactions: Pat
For first 2 laps after a restart. Other than that...
Lap traffic bunches em up too. Also, having the fastest cars spread out in the top 5, opposed to running 1-3 creates good racing. But still, this is what we got with this package and car.

Back
Top Bottom