Cup RACE thread --- Pocono, Rd. 2

My boy Byron coming up big for Pickem :D

As predicted, Chase Elliott took a top 3 car and barely finished top 10. Kids got hella talent but needs to get his sh!t together.

Erik Jones made a good move and showed he is hungry to win. Hope Suarez learned something.
I think Elliott’s success is because of his equipment. He doesn’t seem to be a standout to me. I’m not a fan of nepotism. A lot of these kids have to fight for a top tier seat.
Maybe he’ll prove me wrong. Not this year.

Gotta run better to get up front.

Restarts are where the time is lost, it has more to do with lane placement than anything. I don’t think Kybu would have been able to do much from 3rd or 5th. I do think the 9 car starting up top would have made a difference. Worked great for the 88.

Dude chill, he did good. That first restart was not great, but the second one was much better. Suarez and Jones fighting did not help his cause.
Gotta watch that mirror and keep the lane to even have a chance. Let Jones have it and ruined it going into 1. Even got his boss repeating how clean he kept it with a slower car.

Learning experience. My driver has the same issue. Evidently not hungry enough and doesnt know how aggressive to be to gain position on the best drivers.

I think Elliot’s success is because of his equipment. He doesn’t seem to be a standout to me. I’m not a fan of nepotism. A lot of these kids have to fight for a top tier seat.

He earned his spot at HMS. It just wasn't given to him to do what he's done, I think he's certainly a standout like a lot of the other young guys.

Those kids need to know how to win....man drive on in there don't be such pussies you gave it to the 18.....your going for a win!!!!

yeah same here, with all the restart lessons they had, there only chance was to jump the 18 on a restart and try to hold him off, Jones should have pushed, that was their only chance IMO.

My boy Byron coming up big for Pickem :D

As predicted, Chase Elliott took a top 3 car and barely finished top 10. Kids got hella talent but needs to get his sh!t together.

Erik Jones made a good move and showed he is hungry to win. Hope Suarez learned something.
Exactly correct on CE! Can't close the deal yet. Said he was gonna be more aggressive but I'm not seeing it yet...

I think Elliott’s success is because of his equipment. He doesn’t seem to be a standout to me. I’m not a fan of nepotism. A lot of these kids have to fight for a top tier seat.
Oh please. Chase hasn’t sealed with deal with a points paying win yet but has had a better season than most drivers with wins every year of his cup career. To deny his talent level is just purposeful ignorance.

Well at least Newman’s on a streak of two top tens in a row. Dang, it’s got to the point that I celebrate that:(
Hey it's better then rooting for top 20s like I am. Which didnt happen today, which was a brake issue not tires like TV said.

Chase was being aggressive in the tunnel turn on the last restart and the apron got him loose. What more do you want? He ran in the top 3 all day and drove a really nice race. The restarts at the end just didn't work out with the inside lane. There's a reason the leader always takes the outside...

Oh please. Chase hasn’t sealed with deal with a points paying win yet but has had a better season than most drivers with wins every year of his cup career. To deny his talent level is just purposeful ignorance.
I go by stats.
To deny statistics is...well...

Love this Suarez kid
I disagree. Bill won his seat, JMO.

Picky/choosy my friend lol

As far as Clyde E: he’s been HMS’s only consistent bright spot since Jimmies fluke championship.

Also, Dibenedetto is actually quite the wheel man. Almost as good at driving as he is marketing himself.

I disagree. Bill won his seat, JMO.

giphy.gif

Chase was being aggressive in the tunnel turn on the last restart and the apron got him loose. What more do you want? He ran in the top 3 all day and drove a really nice race. The restarts at the end just didn't work out with the inside lane. There's a reason the leader always takes the outside...
He gets a better restart on the prior chance and he doesnt end up in the mosh pit.

Had a great day and has a ton of confidence for his team now, but I imagine taking a top 3 car and finishing 8th eats him up.

Picky/choosy my friend lol

As far as Clyde E: he’s been HMS’s only consistent bright spot since Jimmies fluke championship.

Also, Dibenedetto is actually quite the wheel man. Almost as good at driving as he is marketing himself.
Was Suarez’s dad a Cup star? :confused:
DiBenedetto is a hack.

That's the race today but there's the others with the same results. I'm all for Chase but he's got to break through at some point. He said he needs to be more aggressive and I agree. It's just a matter of time but I hope sooner than later.

Back
Top Bottom