Cup RACE thread --- Richmond

I'm currently on vacation in Clearwater Beach, but that doesn't stop me from catching the Cup race.....

aXq9DKol.jpg

I'll continue to watch back at the hotel as soon as I leave this bar. It's literally a 2 minute walk. Life's good :cheers:

My dad took me to Clearwater Beach when I was in middle school. Criss Angel performed his building implosion while we were there, but we watched it on TV at our hotel instead of watching it in person.

Need some new blood. The fact that former drivers really haven't gotten involved with ownership is frustrating to me. I'm a huge fan of Penske for numerous reasons (Rusty, Nazareth Speedway and Lehigh grad); but the man is old!! As is Gibbs, Childress, Rousch and just about everyone else...
$$$$$$&&. Takes too many Benjamins and the sponsors are few and far between.

True, but the 24 and 88 are contributing apparently zero. It’s so bad that Mr. H took Knauss away from 48 to spark the 24. Byron’s days are numbered to however long the Liberty checks clear imho. Yes, it took Chase forever to win, but at least he had chances and didn’t deliver. Byron hasn’t even sniffed a chance to choke a victory.

Hendrick ****** Byron's development, he should still be in Xfinity IMO. He needed at least two years to really improve more. Byron is going to take time and he was only in the truck and Xfinity series for two years altogether. Byron has plenty of potential and he's night and day better than he was last year. He's shown clear improvement and Chad is not just going to run in there and turn him into a winner.

Hendrick should have had a place holder in the 24 IMO.

The only thing Chase has said about his team mates this race is when the 24 brake checked him coming out of the pits and put a dent in the 9s nose.
I haven’t been able to listen tonight until right around that time, so my sample size is limited tonight. That said, I don’t know that I’ve heard him say much positive about Byron the last two seasons.

That's not healthy, if so JJ and Chase need a reality check IMO. They are all in the same organization and they are all struggling, so if they want to continue to struggle keep having that mentality.
I think the problem also is that I’m not sure either Bowman or Byron belong in those rides honestly. What did Bowman ever show, when they handed him the 88 I wasn’t sure it was the best move I feel like they should have signed a big name veteran. Byron showed some but maybe this should be his rookie year instead of last year, could they have rushed him to Cup? I think as off as HMS and Chevy are, the driver line up might be an issue too.

Hendrick ****** Byron's development, he should still be in Xfinity IMO. He needed at least two years to really improve more. Byron is going to take time and he was only in the truck and Xfinity series for two years altogether. Byron has plenty of potential and he's night and day better than he was last year. He's shown clear improvement and Chad is not just going to run in there and turn him into a winner.

Yep, they should have hired someone like Kenseth to drive for them for a couple years until Byron was ready.

This Credit One segment is routinely the most useless part of the race broadcast. It actually makes me want to have nothing to do with Credit One.
It’s a highlight of the race for me along with Chase’s super corny Hooters commercials. Jeff always seems to pick Chase or Larson as his driver to watch.

Agreed. Sadly we’ve seen this story before. Casey Atwood, etc. That Jones Boy May end up the same way (rushes up to Cup with way too much hype.) the worst part is that it’s not Byron, Jones, or Atwood’s faults that the media anointed them too early. I’d throw Chase in there as well.

With how long guys like Gordon, Johnson, Earnhardt, Labonte, etc. lasted at HMS they haven't really had to develop anyone in a long while. So it's not terribly surprising they wouldn't get the process down pat. Basically the same thing happened with Brian Vickers.

I think the problem also is that I’m not sure either Bowman or Byron belong in those rides honestly. What did Bowman ever show, when they handed him the 88 I wasn’t sure it was the best move I feel like they should have signed a big name veteran. Byron showed some but maybe this should be his rookie year instead of last year, could they have rushed him to Cup? I think as off as HMS and Chevy are, the driver line up might be an issue too.

Bowman isn't the issue either. He was the second best HMS driver last year and honestly he's had an up and down year so far.

Bowman has never been lightening fast, he's always been the consistent and clean driver. Also, I'm not sold on Ives at all as his CC. Ives should be moved back to his old engineering position IMO.

Mmmmmmmm.... red brake rotors. Makes me anxious for the night race at Martinsville!

Agreed. Sadly we’ve seen this story before. Casey Atwood, etc. That Jones Boy May end up the same way (rushes up to Cup with way too much hype.) the worst part is that it’s not Byron, Jones, or Atwood’s faults that the media anointed them too early. I’d throw Chase in there as well.

Sponsors man and us as fans. We get so caught up in watching these guys come up through the ranks, then when they get to the big league we become disappointed and call them busts or what not.

It happens more often than not.

Bowman isn't the issue either. He was the second best HMS driver last year and honestly he's had an up and down year so far.

Bowman has never been lightening fast, he's always been the consistent and clean driver. Also, I'm not sold on Ives at all as his CC. Ives should be moved back to his old engineering position IMO.
I just don’t see Bowman winning a race, I think they downgraded from Jr when they replaced him with Alex. ( and let’s be honest Jr had some good years at Hendrick but I never thought he was going to win the championship) I’ve seen nothing from him that leads me to believe he can be up there contending for wins. He’s a nice driver, will bring the car home but I dunno the veteran should have been signed for an 88 and if Rick wanted to...gulp and Byron could have been the gamble. I just feel like Rick gambled with both rides. I’m not sold on Ives either, I really just don’t feel they make adjustments that get the car better during the race. I dunno I might be totally wrong. Either way Hendrick is again behind Gibbs, Penske, and SHR

Its Busch!:eek:................:laugh::laugh:

With how hot the brakes are, I'm surprised nobody has lost their brakes and went into the wall yet
I was thinking the same thing, I always thought they had to nurse those brakes the whole 400 or so laps or else they’d fail. Now it just seems they arnt nursing them as much as back in the day. Not pining for the old days just an observation

I've drank a lot of beer and never once did I think it was refreshing.

Semi off topic, it would be funny if the Busch Beer was replaced with Bush Beans :lol2::lol2:

Back
Top Bottom