Cup RACE thread --- Richmond

If you take the win away you have to award it to Reddick, which I don’t think is fair to the other guys in the thick of the championship battle either. Keeping the trophy and the win in the record book but being excluded from the playoff seems like the best compromise. I think they nailed it here.
Wait how would Reddick go from 3rd to 1st?

Sawyer said we don't have anything in place to take a win away, but they took a win, money points and all from Heim in the the Trucks this year lol. Give me some more of that integrity lol, lay it on me.

Ol’ Squinty is displeased. 😎 Sometimes adults behave like petulant children. It almost always costs money.

His RR suspension was broken. The upper control arm was detached from the upright, the hub and the wheel/tire/brake package assembly all of which was flopping around wildly as he made his way past all those people. He’s lucky he didn’t lose control.

Ol’ Squinty is displeased. 😎 Sometimes adults behave like petulant children. It almost always costs money.

His RR suspension was broken. The upper control arm was detached from the upright, the hub and the wheel/tire/brake package assembly all of which was flopping around wildly as he made his way past all those people. He’s lucky he didn’t lose control.
Told by three officials to get over in single file, didn't do it. Managed a weak burnout in front of Austins pit with all that stuff broken also. Real keen judgement there. :cuckoo:

Wait how would Reddick go from 3rd to 1st?
I've seen that claim throughout the internet. I think some people don't realize that the running order was frozen based on scoring loops

I've seen that claim throughout the internet. I think some people don't realize that the running order was frozen based on scoring loops
Yeah I saw it a few times on different forms of social media. I started to think I had missed something and had to go recheck lol.

Welp NASCAR dropped the hammer and I think the
penalties are enough to serve as a future deterrent
and put the horse back in the barn.

Imo if this was a more popular driver or someone closer to the cut line they still would’ve been playoff eligible 🤷‍♂️

Hey we ain't done lol. There will almost certainly be an appeal..or something, Richard won't be quiet about this lol.

Poor Richard is going to have to panhandle to get funds for his appeal. He just doesn't have the resources to fight the establishment....but he is proud of his grand baby....who reminded him of The Intimidator. Fight! Fight. Fiight! Poor Richard!

I can't wait for Poor Richard's team of experts to present evidence that somebody hacked into their radio transmissions....including somebody impersonating Poor Richard himself. Could it be that it was an imposter at that Orange Rally too?

Hey we ain't done lol. There will almost certainly be an appeal..or something, Richard won't be quiet about this lol.

The guy intentionally punted the field. I understand getting into someone coming to the line. Can’t just punt the field, especially hooking them from the right side

I feel Joey's punishment was inadequate. 50k is nothing to these guys.
Sit him for 2 races, and or take away 100 points. His antics were more dangerous than the on track fiasco.. Just my opinion...

I think 50k is about right. He didn’t make contact and just blew some smoke. It was a bad move but not a suspension move unlike AD and his spotter.

I think 50k is about right. He didn’t make contact and just blew some smoke. It was a bad move but not a suspension move unlike AD and his spotter.
Did you see the people scattering on pit row? Did you see the people with small children in their arms trying to get out of the way..? Did you see the Official herding people back from Loganos blatant disregard?
Try to be more observant...

Did you see the people scattering on pit row? Did you see the people with small children in their arms trying to get out of the way..? Did you see the Official herding people back from Loganos blatant disregard?
Try to be more observant...
👀

I thought taking the playoff spot away was probably the fairest thing they could do. I'm not sure Joey's penalty was enough though. Man, if it's this crazy now what are the playoffs going to look like?

My own 12 cents since I have already posted two cents at least half a dozen times.

I think the leader owns the track at least to the extent of picking his preferred line and not having someone plow into him.

But I don't think that means he should slam the inside door on the apex while also arcing all the way to the wall to run the competition into the wall if a pass is being attempted on the outside.

If he does those things then I could justify moving him out the way for trying to block a faster car. But that's the only time I could justify a bump and run.
I don’t want to be completely vanilla. Some incidental rubbing is bound to happen when things are pushed to the limit. I think there’s something truly, incredibly great about watching a skilled driver setting up a clean pass..

A 2nd place car stalking the leader and trying to force him into an mistake or watching a good driver in the lead that can handle the pressure. I think that is the better technical skills and science that get lost to the bulldozing bump and runs (that are usually enabled by the GWCs.)
And just moving him without wrecking him is garbage in my mind as well.

Back
Top Bottom