Cup RACE thread --- Richmond

bull****. I'll take Hamlin out of this because I am so biased. Let's focus on Logano.....I have seen him pull bull****, but nothing like this. Watch the freaking replay....with his spotter telling him to wreck another driver, and his incoherant grandfather saying that he was proud of him for doing so. This is surreal. Nevermind one of the sports greatest drivers congratulating him for all of this crap after the race. The lowest point I have ever seen this sport. On Tuesday, NASCAR will decide whether or not they have the balls to preserve the integrity of this sport. I am not optimistic.
Need some tissues?

So, if they go back and take the win from him does that mean they need to go back and take the win from anyone that has ever dumped someone at the end of a race to win? Or is this just an AD and Pop Pop penalty and all of the other drivers get a free pass?

It's a new precident moving forward.

Yeah - it's a joke. I honestly cannot believe anyone who supports what Dillon did. Now I really don't like Joey Logano but in this instance, he drove clean and Dillion just plain got beat and would not accept it. Is this where the sport is heading? Drive clean to get dumped so another undeserving driver who you just beat can go to the playoffs? I know Dillion had the race won before the last caution but you know what? We call that racing. It happens all the time and sometimes it benefits you and other times it does not. I will never forget what happened to Chase in the 2020 600. That's called racing though. NASCAR NEEDS to take this win away and send a message that they are all for hard racing for the wind but this was different - this was intentionally driving through someone and cannot be tolerated. NASCAR is always wanting to respected like other sports are. Nothing like this happens in other sports. It would be like just assaulting someone as they are getting ready to win. Imagine a baseball player coming around to score the winning run and the pitcher just tackling him before getting to home plate. "Well I just got beat and gave up the winning hit but NOPE - Not allowing it." Then to top it all off MLB says to the pitcher's team - "Nice - you're in the playoffs now." And some wonder why NASCAR has become a laughing stock.

Yeah - it's a joke. I honestly cannot believe anyone who supports what Dillon did. Now I really don't like Joey Logano but in this instance, he drove clean and Dillion just plain got beat and would not accept it. Is this where the sport is heading? Drive clean to get dumped so another undeserving driver who you just beat can go to the playoffs? I know Dillion had the race won before the last caution but you know what? We call that racing. It happens all the time and sometimes it benefits you and other times it does not. I will never forget what happened to Chase in the 2020 600. That's called racing though. NASCAR NEEDS to take this win away and send a message that they are all for hard racing for the wind but this was different - this was intentionally driving through someone and cannot be tolerated. NASCAR is always wanting to respected like other sports are. Nothing like this happens in other sports. It would be like just assaulting someone as they are getting ready to win. Imagine a baseball player coming around to score the winning run and the pitcher just tackling him before getting to home plate. "Well I just got beat and gave up the winning hit but NOPE - Not allowing it." Then to top it all off MLB says to the pitcher's team - "Nice - you're in the playoffs now." And some wonder why NASCAR has become a laughing stock.
I
V

I would just like to start an appreciation thread for Austin Dillon for having the balls to stand up to two of the sports biggest bullies on the track. Austin Dillon made himself an American Legend tonight. Love or hate it, the underdog is on top.

Joey does.

Yeah, Logano wrecked him for the win too. But that situation was also different. Kenseth blocked him and fenced Joey. So I can understand that being interpreted differently.

Not sure if you're implying anything here or not, just my thought.

Yeah - it's a joke.
I'm not laughing. I suspect the reason it is taking so long are for the same arguments we are having here. One side says Dillon is to blame, the other says Hamlin wasn't clear. There have been numerous instances of drivers wrecking the other to win like in Dillon's and Logano's case, way past time to do anything about that until this point forward if they do anything. . There isn't positive evidence either of the Dillon/Hamlin contact. Too close to call...but they have to say or do something.

24 PAGES !!! of almost Austin and who knows the total if all the threads were combined.

Yeah, Logano wrecked him for the win too. But that situation was also different. Kenseth blocked him and fenced Joey. So I can understand that being interpreted differently.

Didn't look that way from the rear view camera. But c'est la vie.

Nope, nothing implied. My guy let Logano around him and drove through the #22 like the EZ Pay lane. I will argue in Matt's favor that he waited for a short track. I won't argue that he waited for the slowest corner on the circuit, or that he came from the left side, because I suspect those were just coincidence. EVERYONE knew it was coming, including Joey and NASCAR. It's easy to decide the penalty when NASCAR had two weeks BEFORE the crime was committed to make up its collective mind.

Even without the expletives, everything Joey said post race is true.Dillon doesn't have to drive any faster he knows PopPop has his ride

Nope, nothing implied. My guy let Logano around him and drove through the #22 like the EZ Pay lane. I will argue in Matt's favor that he waited for a short track. I won't argue that he waited for the slowest corner on the circuit, or that he came from the left side, because I suspect those were just coincidence. EVERYONE knew it was coming, including Joey and NASCAR. It's easy to decide the penalty when NASCAR had two weeks BEFORE the crime was committed to make up its collective mind.
What did they do when Newman wrecked Larson to advance into the playoffs? Absolutely nothing. The only thing consistent about Nascar is inconsistency. I would think most of us can agree on that.
Hamlin is running his mouth wanting Dillon's head on a pike, all about Dillion and how well off he is with the win and the points, when at Pocono, Hamlin runs Larson off the track, wins the race and a playoff spot lol. I love this sport.

What did they do when Newman wrecked Larson to advance into the playoffs? Absolutely nothing. The only thing consistent about Nascar is inconsistency. I would think most of us can agree on that.
Hamlin is running his mouth wanting Dillon's head on a pike, all about Dillion and how well off he is with the win and the points, when at Pocono, Hamlin runs Larson off the track, wins the race and a playoff spot lol. I love this sport.
I have never been a Dillon fan but I kind of like him now. He wasn't afraid to rough it up with the big boys and give them a little taste of their own medicine. If none of my guys win the championship...I'm going all in on the #3 car. :punkrocke

There hasn't been any consistency from NASCAR from the day it was formed. Just take this year.
Are we supposed to search our internal hard drives for examples of their 2024 inconsistencies or will you be providing some?

Anecdotal drive-by sideswipes are worthless without specifics.

There hasn't been any consistency from NASCAR from the day it was formed. Just take this year.
Some want to harp like it is a bad thing. It's the nature of the beast. Stick and ball has endless stop action replays and they still have questionable plays, it's the nature of the game. Roll with it, it part of racing. It will never go away in any racing series. I have fun with it.

1000001232.gif

After 3 in Florida.... I'm getting to the point that I think Nascar isn't going to say anything, hold the race in Michigan and watch the heads explode. lol.
I'm already excited for Michigan. Fire the next pair...oop's, this isn't drag racing... I mean start your engines. :D

So he keeps the win but loses the playoff spot and 25 points. If I was the Emperor of NASCAR I'd take the win away.

<---But I know my guy over here is breathing a little easier now.

So he keeps the win but loses the playoff spot and 25 points. If I was the Emperor of NASCAR I'd take the win away.

<---But I know my guy over here is breathing a little easier now.
If you take the win away you have to award it to Reddick, which I don’t think is fair to the other guys in the thick of the championship battle either. Keeping the trophy and the win in the record book but being excluded from the playoff seems like the best compromise. I think they nailed it here.

Oh I'm totally with you here.

I also know you weren't talking about Kansas, so I got a bit tangential there lol

If you take the win away you have to award it to Reddick, which I don’t think is fair to the other guys in the thick of the championship battle either. Keeping the trophy and the win in the record book but being excluded from the playoff seems like the best compromise. I think they nailed it here.
My concern is some other driver craving a trophy (Daytona) will do the same without playoff considerations.

NASCAR is loaded with inconsistency, you're absolutely right.

But this particular incident, other than the Dale and DW incident from 30+ years ago, is pretty exclusive for today's NASCAR. This is the most egregious "wreck for the win" we've seen.
Hamlin's running Larson into the wall was bull****. Larson *could* have lifted to avoid that, he shouldn't have, but he could have. In this case, Logano and Hamlin didn't have an opportunity to avoid getting wrecked. It's why this race has everyone up in arms.

NASCAR is inconsistent as **** and the sanctioning body has no idea how to officiate itself. This situation is as egregious as we've ever seen. Both things can be true.

Back
Top Bottom