Cup RACE thread --- Road America

With the “right now” logic you could say that Mark Martin was top dog at HMS at one point. IMO, he had a strong showing for one season but he’s never top dog while being teammates with Gordon and Johnson.

In that same vein, while Chase is still winning races and is championship competitive, he will be top dog at HMS until someone comes aboard and beats him in HMS win totals.

Larson very well could, but right now he’s still second fiddle.
Larson is the best overall driver at HMS.

You could be right he might choose to not race during the season so he can concentrate on cup racing. But, he is single with no kids and I'm sure he has plenty of opportunities to do so if he wants to. Larson on the other hand is married with children and he just loves racing so he does it anytime he can even though all of the travel has to be pretty tough while raising a family. But I want to make it very clear that I wasn't saying Chase doesn't give his all when we does race. You must have missed the post where I said I like Chase better then Larson...because I would hate to see the 3rd degree I would have gotten from you if I would have said I liked Larson better then Chase. :D
sorry for the delay I was cooking dinner for my family. I apologize I came off as confrontational, that wasnt my intent. I was just trying to dive in deeper into your thought process and your posts. Not saying this is you at all..... I just see certain opinions about Chase Elliott here well maybe not so much now but in the past here that would be of the thinking that he doesnt deserve what he got, or that hes not as good as advertised. Again not saying that its you but I also maybe im wrong but I feel that those that said those things in the past are hoping Kyle knocks off Chase at HMS, which again if it happens we really cant prove it right? Everyone there gets equal equipment. Earlier I was interacting with you from my phone so I couldnt really type well as I was in the middle of food prep and had to have quick but yet not thoughtful responses so again I apologize if I came off as I was coming hard at you, I wasnt. I actually honestly dont really care about the Chase vs Kyle debate, actually my Larson HMS HendrickCars.com hat just showed up today so that tells you where I am at in the debate. My favorite driver retired in 2015 so I really dont have a dog in the fight anymore, but Chase and Kyle are probably my 1 and 1a drivers on a weekly basis. I just want an honest debate was all I was trying to get at, I really actually was just trying to gauge your thoughts really. Wasnt trying to be malicious.

sorry for the delay I was cooking dinner for my family. I apologize I came off as confrontational, that wasnt my intent. I was just trying to dive in deeper into your thought process and your posts. Not saying this is you at all..... I just see certain opinions about Chase Elliott here well maybe not so much now but in the past here that would be of the thinking that he doesnt deserve what he got, or that hes not as good as advertised. Again not saying that its you but I also maybe im wrong but I feel that those that said those things in the past are hoping Kyle knocks off Chase at HMS, which again if it happens we really cant prove it right? Everyone there gets equal equipment. Earlier I was interacting with you from my phone so I couldnt really type well as I was in the middle of food prep and had to have quick but yet not thoughtful responses so again I apologize if I came off as I was coming hard at you, I wasnt. I actually honestly dont really care about the Chase vs Kyle debate, actually my Larson HMS HendrickCars.com hat just showed up today so that tells you where I am at in the debate. My favorite driver retired in 2015 so I really dont have a dog in the fight anymore, but Chase and Kyle are probably my 1 and 1a drivers on a weekly basis. I just want an honest debate was all I was trying to get at, I really actually was just trying to gauge your thoughts really. Wasnt trying to be malicious.
No problem snap you have always been one of the members here upstairs and downstairs that I enjoy chatting with and I just didn't want that to change. I think you may have just misunderstood some of what I was saying and that could have been my fault for not making it clearer. I like the same drivers you do except I have to add my boy Bowman in there as well. I hope dinner was good. I just finished fixing a thick pork chop steak, baked potato and baked beans and I'm getting ready for a piece of coconut cream pie. :D

Kyle Larson has been red hot on fire for a couple months for a team that at the moment has a clear advantage over the competition. Can we at least wait a year or so before we anoint him the second coming of Jimmie Johnson? Six months ago we all thought Kevin Harvick was the timeless wonder. Now we wonder when or if he will win another race. Kasey Kahne was going to be the next superstar at HMS. How many people here can tell me what his carreer highlites at HMS were? . We've been told for years that The OTHER Kyle is the greatest driver in the sport, yet there are times when he's not even been the best driver on his own TEAM. No disrespect to Larson, but two months doesn't make a career, regardless of how good you are.

Kyle Larson has been red hot on fire for a couple months for a team that at the moment has a clear advantage over the competition. Can we at least wait a year or so before we anoint him the second coming of Jimmie Johnson? Six months ago we all thought Kevin Harvick was the timeless wonder. Now we wonder when or if he will win another race. Kasey Kahne was going to be the next superstar at HMS. How many people here can tell me what his carreer highlites at HMS were? . We've been told for years that The OTHER Kyle is the greatest driver in the sport, yet there are times when he's not even been the best driver on his own TEAM. No disrespect to Larson, but two months doesn't make a career, regardless of how good you are.
You can all ya want. Just leave the "we" out of it and you will be fine

Original post was describing PR strategies
Chase ,,,, down home, laid back country boy
Kyle,,,,,,,,,as the ultimate racer type

t think the HMS / NASCAR folks are pushing these looks

It has to be said, if Dale was still around in his prime you would all change your tune.

No problem snap you have always been one of the members here upstairs and downstairs that I enjoy chatting with and I just didn't want that to change. I think you may have just misunderstood some of what I was saying and that could have been my fault for not making it clearer. I like the same drivers you do except I have to add my boy Bowman in there as well. I hope dinner was good. I just finished fixing a thick pork chop steak, baked potato and baked beans and I'm getting ready for a piece of coconut cream pie. :D
Ah thanks I'll take that as a compliment. I too have always found our interactions to be pleasant even downstairs if we differed politically or ideally. Dinner was good, it was chicken breast monday at my house ha ha. What you had sounded better, sounds like the dessert cart was going to treat you well.

Back
Top Bottom