Cup RACE thread --- Roval

LOL

NASCAR is a joke
fe0720a49215b6472ed057b07e36f0ee.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
And now I’m back pissed again

Really? Really dude? Stuff like this is why I cant take you seriously.

As a sport we HAVE to be smarter than allowing a whole race and several driver's seasons to be turned upside down because some dumbass decided to install signs that could get knocked onto the track. That is TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE. Shame on SMI for doing it, shame on NASCAR for allowing it.

As a sport we HAVE to be smarter than allowing a whole race and several driver's seasons to be turned upside down because some dumbass decided to install signs that could get knocked onto the track. That is TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE. Shame on SMI for doing it, shame on NASCAR for allowing it.
The Jackman is fired up this morning and ready to take on all comers. Marcus Smith is first up to receive the flames of anger

I thought he put it all together last year and became the complete package, and that would be it. Maybe it’s the new cars or additional factors too but he seems to have fallen back into the ways of his CGR days with overdriving at times and numerous unforced errors. Often good speed but just too inconsistent again this season.
I was thinking this yesterday during his post race interview and your post puts my thoughts into words better than I could. It was a chore at times cheering for CGR Larson, I thought last year’s season and success that came with it meant that Larson evolved into the next stage of his career which was a killer that was going to close out wins at any time and more importantly not beat himself. At times last year that dude and team looked like 98 Gordon. I’m puzzled as to why he is out of the playoffs this early, coming off last year I didn’t expect him to repeat because it’s so hard to do in this format but I thought a modest expectation would be to at least make the Championship 4 as I think that’s a more than fair comparison of who the best 4 teams/drivers are in this sport and I believe Larson is one of the best. By mid point this year, I came around to the fact they just didn’t have it, fast at times but not fast all the time, gave some wins away too. Just frustrating, sucks seeing one of your favorites out this early.

That sign was mounted to the wall as were hundreds of others and for some reason it came off.

That sign was mounted to the wall as were hundreds of others and for some reason it came off.

It came off because a car ran into it. Do we put signs on the regular walls around the track? No, because that would be STUPID. How is putting them on temporary walls on a road course any LESS stupid? I'm just sad that your expectations for this sport are so low. This is Single A minor league baseball kind of crap.

It came off because a car ran into it. Do we put signs on the regular walls around the track? No, because that would be STUPID. How is putting them on temporary walls on a road course any LESS stupid?
Every Racing series has trackside signs on road courses, every single one. You are angry because Chase lost, period. The 8 is who you need to direct your anger at.

Gotta agree with Jackman here, was a stupid spot to put signs and they had a major impact on the outcome of the race.

The real issue is that the sign was off and on the track for 25+ laps and wasn't an issue. Then, when it appears that we were cruising to a boring finish, suddenly it's caution worthy and a hazard. Hamlin himself said that he hit it at end on second stage. This was an utter farce.

The real issue is that the sign was off and on the track for 25+ laps and wasn't an issue. Then, when it appears that we were cruising to a boring finish, suddenly it's caution worthy and a hazard. Hamlin himself said that he hit it at end on second stage. This was an utter farce.
Funny the camera didnt see it for 25 laps

The caution was thrown because the TV broadcast picked up on a sign being on the track, and were speculating it would bring out a yellow. Sure enough, within 20 seconds, flashing caution lights.

This guy next to me has been flipping birds to Logano and Chastain all race.

Such dedication:
View attachment 65561
Age or his IQ?

Leaning towards IQ. Never got that. Driver/team doesn't see you. What are you accomplishing doing that? I truly believe it it's a good indication of intelligence (lack of) and definitely immaturity.

Every Racing series has trackside signs on road courses, every single one. You are angry because Chase lost, period. The 8 is who you need to direct your anger at.

The 8 was trying to win the race and had nothing to lose. Not thrilled about it, but pretty much what I expected. You're damn right I'm mad about Chase getting robbed, but it wouldn't matter who it was, it was total bull****. Yes, other road courses have signage, and yes it has been a problem at times, and no, it shouldn't be allowed. There is no reason to accept this bush league crap at the highest levels of motorsport.

I also find it strange that a track Spotter wouldnt have reported it for 25 laps.

Well, we've had this discussion about there not being as many track spotters as are really needed. NASCAR is still trying to run races with their Covid staffing levels, and they have missed a LOT of stuff lately. If I had to guess, I'd say it was probably somewhat out of the groove, and then somebody probably hit it and knocked further into traffic.

The 8 was trying to win the race and had nothing to lose. Not thrilled about it, but pretty much what I expected. You're damn right I'm mad about Chase getting robbed, but it wouldn't matter who it was, it was total bull****. Yes, other road courses have signage, and yes it has been a problem at times, and no, it shouldn't be allowed. There is no reason to accept this bush league crap at the highest levels of motorsport.
The highest level of motorsports have trackside signs

Really was odd as it looked like he was smiling and laughing with Byron.
I was just about edit my post to say that as also his body langue didn’t look like he was mad at what just transpired on track.

When they have the potential to alter the course of the race, then that becomes unacceptable. Why do you want to defend this garbage?
Because its not garbage! You are being completely unreasonable, saying you would stick the sign up Marcus's ass like a 5 year old. It was a sign, it came loose after it got hit or whatever happened, every track has signage that could come loose, I've seen a race stopped because a damn giant balloon blew on the track, a tv cable, a fox, a trackside TV camera etc.... Chase lost, get over it bud. Thats racin

Loving the usual "NASCAR/World is against Chase" whining by the 9 fans. My God is there a whinier fanbase? Def have that "victim" mentality going on.

Oh, and anyone bitching about the alleged 41 help to Brisco, so what? It happens with teammates. And every contender has at least one.

HMS better not bitch. Seem to remember the 9 blocking Harvick at Bristol so the 5 could catch up and pass? Loved it BTW, but still same BS.

At the very least, install the damn signs with something other than Elmer's glue.

Or maybe get better quality signs instead of using publishers clearing house check cardboard. All we were missing was Ed McMahon.

Hey @StandOnIt ....Get your boy under control! Better get used to it......

He's going to be racing in a huge parking lot (or what will feel like one) come July4th weekend of 2023.

Loving the usual "NASCAR/World is against Chase" whining by the 9 fans. My God is there a whinier fanbase? Def have that "victim" mentality going on.

Oh, and anyone bitching about the alleged 41 help to Brisco, so what? It happens with teammates. And every contender has at least one.

HMS better not bitch. Seem to remember the 9 blocking Harvick at Bristol so the 5 could catch up and pass? Loved it BTW, but still same BS.
The No. 41 appeared to slow entering the backstretch chicane on the final lap, nascar investigation underway, upon further review 41 will now have to change name to danica for the rest of season.

Because its not garbage! You are being completely unreasonable, saying you would stick the sign up Marcus's ass like a 5 year old. It was a sign, it came loose after it got hit or whatever happened, every track has signage that could come loose, I've seen a race stopped because a damn giant balloon blew on the track, a tv cable, a fox, a trackside TV camera etc.... Chase lost, get over it bud. Thats racin

There are things that happen during a race that you can't control, and there are things that you CAN. The mission should ALWAYS be to take care of the things you CAN control. There are probably a half dozen ways they could have used signage that would not have the potential of interrupting the race, but that requires more than the bare minimum of effort.

Back
Top Bottom