Cup RACE thread --- Roval

Oh man heck yeah. Too bad the DBC guys and their buthurt crowd weren't around when Bobby Allison's impact gun broke and Waltrup wins another one.

O.....K.... Relevance? Or just looking for any excuse to bust out that awesome video? :D

Tell Brett it wasnt cardboard, it was more than likely Coroplast, safer than Dibond
Please, please "call in" for their listener reaction segment one week. Give us a heads up and maybe drop an inside joke.

Brett G went off on Chase for shoving the camera post race during the "what an idiot" segment, so there's some redemption for him @Spotter22 :XXROFL:

Please, please "call in" for their listener reaction segment one week. Give us a heads up and maybe drop an inside joke.
I dont even know when they do it. He bores me, he is still the same ahole he was 15 years ago. I'd love to be a fly on the wall when they go to the hauler both barrels blazing and watch them walk out like little lambs. What Big Bill said years ago still rings true today, "NASCAR was here before you and it will be here after you"
He would probably cut me off anyway.

If he wanted a private conversation he chose the wrong place to have it. Post-race, participants are fair game for journalists on pit road.

Or ... he’s becoming a self-entitled prick. I’m going with that.
In my book, he's always been a snot nosed prick. His first year in Trucks at Loudon, he was argumentative about the track history, trying to show off. I informed him it was a road track originally built in the 70's. After several other people verified the facts, he got up, grabbed his binky and left. There were still about 50 -60 people in line, but he didn't care. It's things like that fans never forget.

In my book, he's always been a snot nosed prick. His first year in Trucks at Loudon, he was argumentative about the track history, trying to show off. I informed him it was a road track originally built in the 70's. After several other people verified the facts, he got up, grabbed his binky and left. There were still about 50 -60 people in line, but he didn't care. It's things like that fans never forget.
You put up with KyBu's antics, but that's a bridge too far for you? Cheers. Not defending Chase's actions there, but wow... If you want to cite Chase's behavior in trucks, cite his wiping Dillon out for a win

You put up with KyBu's antics, but that's a bridge too far for you? Cheers. Not defending Chase's actions there, but wow... If you want to cite Chase's behavior in trucks, cite his wiping Dillon out for a win
Kyle has never been rude to me in person. Chase was.

Kyle has never been rude to me in person. Chase was.
Fair. Personal interactions are yours and I respect that.

I've never interacted with Chase, but his father made time for me at a signing at a Ford dealer in 1989 and that cemented me as a fan forever. If Chase was a dick to me or my kids, I'd probably have a change of heart.

They are gonna have a hard time proving his braking traces are lying, no matter what the 41 did the 14 carried it in there
Wouldn't it make some sense to brake to slow if you're told of a tire issue? Does the telemetry say he stabbed the brakes or just applied them way before he usually did?

And unless he was told what to do and the situation over the radio, Custer did a HELL of a job timing his blocking and keeping the 3 and the other car positioned so that the 14 could pass.

Radio transmission will be telling.

Tell Brett it wasnt cardboard, it was more than likely Coroplast, safer than Dibond
You sound just like the guys that think so and so is a crappy driver because they don't like them. You don't like Brett, so his opinion has to be wrong. The world is FULL of A-holes but that doesn't mean they don't know what they are talking about. When people that actually have a skin in game thinks something is a problem, maybe we should at least give them a fair hearing.

You sound just like the guys that think so and so is a crappy driver because they don't like them. You don't like Brett, so his opinion has to be wrong. The world is FULL of A-holes but that doesn't mean they don't know what they are talking about. When people that actually have a skin in game thinks something is a problem, maybe we should at least give them a fair hearing. It's why even though I don't like Denny the driver one bit, I'm willing to consider what Denny the car owner says, and I have learned from it.

You sound just like the guys that think so and so is a crappy driver because they don't like them. You don't like Brett, so his opinion has to be wrong. The world is FULL of A-holes but that doesn't mean they don't know what they are talking about. When people that actually have a skin in game thinks something is a problem, maybe we should at least give them a fair hearing. It's why even though I don't like Denny the driver one bit, I'm willing to consider what Denny the car owner says, and I have learned from it.
He stands up on a roof hollering inside, coming to ya, outside all day. He/they don't have one dime invested in Nascar. Frankly they do more harm than good. All they do is bitch and moan, they don't have any solutions and if they did they don't have the resources to do anything but run their mouths. Needless to say I take them and the whole NBC drama based part of the season with a grain of salt. It was the media's idea for this cluster puck, and this is what we got. A bunch of media crybabies and their followers trying to out do each other.

Me not liking Brett has nothing to do with his opinion. In fact I know he is encouraged to be an instigator.

He stands up on a roof hollering inside, coming to ya, outside all day. He/they don't have one dime invested in Nascar. Frankly they do more harm than good. All they do is bitch and moan, they don't have any solutions and if they did they don't have the resources to do anything but run their mouths. Needless to say I take them and the whole NBC drama based part of the season with a grain of salt. It was the media's idea for this cluster puck, and this is what we got. A bunch of media crybabies and their followers trying to out do each other.
He does have skin in the game as he manages for drivers and brokers sponsorship deals aside from spotting. And the guys on DBC actually do have solutions and posit them weekly, but NASCAR won't listen.

You DO realize that spotting is just a side gig for him don't you?

He does have skin in the game as he manages for drivers and brokers sponsorship deals aside from spotting. And the guys on DBC actually do have solutions and posit them weekly, but NASCAR won't listen.
That doesnt make them right

Wouldn't it make some sense to brake to slow if you're told of a tire issue? Does the telemetry say he stabbed the brakes or just applied them way before he usually did?

And unless he was told what to do and the situation over the radio, Custer did a HELL of a job timing his blocking and keeping the 3 and the other car positioned so that the 14 could pass.

Radio transmission will be telling.
The brake tracing I posted is for the 14 and it really doesnt matter what the 41 did because the 14 carried a faster speed through the breaking zone than he had done all day. Thats why he made that pass

The brake tracing I posted is for the 14 and it really doesnt matter what the 41 did because the 14 carried a faster speed through the breaking zone than he had done all day. Thats why he made that pass
It was a send that FedEx or UPS would admire for sure

Hard to argue that that would make the other cars look like they were sitting still lol.

Fair. But the biggest change they advocate is 100% right: MORE HORSEPOWER
Those things are negotiated between the sanctioning body and the RTA. They can "advocate" all they want but again, they don't have any skin what so ever in the game.

Oh I see what you're saying. The 14 just made it happen. I thought you were saying the 41 brake tracing indicated he was slowing the 3 and other car down for the 14 to pass.

Got it...

As opposed to last week where every single car in the field depended on help from a teammate, manufacturer partner, or anyone they could get to line up with them. Sorry, I don't see any difference, so why should it be a foul this week?

Oh I see what you're saying. The 14 just made it happen. I thought you were saying the 41 brake tracing indicated he was slowing the 3 and other car down for the 14 to pass.

Got it...
Yeah. SMT data showed the 14 got on brakes a second later than he did all day, so he drove it in WAY deeper that lap

100% man! Yeah it's obvious we need more HP on smaller tracks & road courses, but those DBC guys are the biggest whiners ever.

Oh my. the fickle finger of fate falls on Custer. The inconsistency continues. Anybody remember the rice burners on an open mic saying don't pass him Jones?

Back
Top Bottom