Cup RACE thread --- Roval

There are things that happen during a race that you can't control, and there are things that you CAN. The mission should ALWAYS be to take care of the things you CAN control. There are probably a half dozen ways they could have used signage that would not have the potential of interrupting the race, but that requires more than the bare minimum of effort.
But you live in your perfect world, we will soldier on!

Track sign 1 Chase Elliott 0

The No. 41 appeared to slow entering the backstretch chicane on the final lap, nascar investigation underway, upon further review 41 will now have to change name to danica for the rest of season.

I haven't read anything posted after the red flag. This may have already been brought up.

If you're wondering what went wrong with AJ's last stop, PRN mentioned the team did not get the car full during the stop just before stage two ended. They were four gallons short, so filling the car during the green stop in stage three took much longer than the #9 and #8.

But you live in your perfect world, we will soldier on!

Track sign 1 Chase Elliott 0

No, I don't live in a perfect world, nor am I perfect. The difference is I actually TRY to make it more perfect. Too many people just accept stupidity as normal and leave it at that.

No, I don't live in a perfect world, nor am I perfect. The difference is I actually TRY to make it more perfect. Too many people just accept stupidity as normal and leave it at that.
But you expect perfection from everyone else. Gotcha

Heard on Sirius this AM that Custer said he was told by spotter or team he had a flat and was feeling it out through those turns.

But so what? Teammates been doing it forever.
They are gonna have a hard time proving his braking traces are lying, no matter what the 41 did the 14 carried it in there

Heard on Sirius this AM that Custer said he was told by spotter or team he had a flat and was feeling it out through those turns.

But so what? Teammates been doing it forever.
very convenient for that to happen right then and there lol

Not the smoothest way to handle it, but not EVERYTHING is for everyone's ears. Kind of a non-deal as far as I'm concerned. He did interviews shortly thereafter, so it's not like he was ducking the press. After getting the screw job he had just gotten, I'm amazed he could be as civil as he was.

EMI and/or RFI is a part of it. It's radaition from these products that causes issues.

No BS, we had an issue at the Rolex 24 with products not programing. However, in a fixed location, w/o as much outside interference, scanners and such programmed with ease. Fixed location like a hotel room w/o the insane amounts of RFI or EMI.

I wish we had an answer for it all, but there is no true answer for it atm.

The coordination required to ruin Chase Elliot's race on Sunday October 9th 2022 a day that will live in infamy forever, cant be ignored.

A moment that caused Chase to snap at the media as his fans wept. A moment when the glorious pool hall siren in Dawsonville that has been a source of joy to so many just remained silent. A silence that amplified the people's weeping along with the usual sounds of Shelia Elliott threating to kick somebodies A$$.

But the precision and sophistication needed to pull it all off still was brilliant. The COTAs leftover paint application was just the first step. It wasn't applied to improve the looks of the Roval. It served as camouflage for the grassy knoll man and his timely maneuver to disconnect the sign that caused the late race Chase damaging caution.

A brillant even if evil plan developed by the elders in Fort Worth who were just fed up with that Dawsonville siren getting all of the attention.

The coordination required to ruin Chase Elliot's race on Sunday October 9th 2022 a day that will live in infamy forever, cant be ignored.

A moment that caused Chase to snap at the media as his fans wept. A moment when the glorious pool hall siren in Dawsonville that has been a source of joy to so many just remained silent. A silence that amplified the people's weeping along with the usual sounds of Shelia Elliott threating to kick somebodies A$$.

But the precision and sophistication needed to pull it all off still was brilliant. The COTAs leftover paint application was just the first step. It wasn't applied to improve the looks of the Roval. It served as camouflage for the grassy knoll man and his timely maneuver to disconnect the sign that caused the late race Chase damaging caution.

A brillant even if evil plan developed by the elders in Fort Worth who were just fed up with that Dawsonville siren getting all of the attention.
I'm getting you to ghost write all my stories from now on

Anybody see what happened to Reddick? Reddick, a crowd favorite of the sorebutinskis hooked Elliott and sent him spinning doing graceful pirouettes across the infield. I don't remember seeing Reddick after that. I fear the Elliottites may have got to him.

Did they ever hear of paint, decals or vehicle wrap instead of hard signs?
Sorry I just saw this now and I have to say…I can’t muster up the feelings to care about signs as much as you do. I fancy your passion but I’m tossing this into the bin along with pushrods, real sponsors and whatever else I’m forgetting, Sunday’s shenanigans were a bad break. I look at like this…better to get a stroke of bad luck for Chase out of the way now especially when he was locked into the next round then happen in one months time at Phoenix

There are things that happen during a race that you can't control, and there are things that you CAN. The mission should ALWAYS be to take care of the things you CAN control. There are probably a half dozen ways they could have used signage that would not have the potential of interrupting the race, but that requires more than the bare minimum of effort.
Have you ever called signage into question before now?
Anybody see what happened to Reddick? Reddick, a crowd favorite of the sorebutinskis hooked Elliott and sent him spinning doing graceful pirouettes across the infield. I don't remember seeing Reddick after that. I fear the Elliottites may have got to him.
Gonna love that kid in a Toyota.
I expect the pursuit of perfection, and frankly, I don't see a lot of it.
What the pursuit of perfection even look like? Something less that perfect, or you'd already have it. Am I right?

I yearn for simpler days, where the caution came from roll bar padding with aluminum foil on it to make it look metallic was thrown from someone's window. Too many moving parts today.

Have you ever called signage into question before now?
I have in Sports car racing because it has created unnecessary debris on the track, but that is usually signs stuck in the ground. At least there, you usually have to drive way off the track to collect them, but that doesn't change the fact that the cars usually drag them back onto the pavement and deposit them on the track. Putting removable signage right where you KNOW cars are likely to contact the wall and knock them loose is just beyond stupid. At some point you have to move on from USED to be acceptable and up your game.
What does the pursuit of perfection even look like? Something less that perfect, or you'd already have it. Am I right?
It means you do the absolute best you can, and every time you do the same job you look for ways to do it even better than the last time you did it. Never accept that something can't be done better and don't accept mediocrity.
I yearn for simpler days, where the caution came from roll bar padding with aluminum foil on it to make it look metallic was thrown from someone's window. Too many moving parts today.
Another example of things that USED to just be accepted that is no longer today.

I have in Sports car racing because it has created unnecessary debris on the track, but that is usually signs stuck in the ground. At least there, you usually have to drive way off the track to collect them, but that doesn't change the fact that the cars usually drag them back onto the pavement and deposit them on the track. Putting removable signage right where you KNOW cars are likely to contact the wall and knock them loose is just beyond stupid. At some point you have to move on from USED to be acceptable and up your game.
heh heh heh

Sorry I just saw this now and I have to say…I can’t muster up the feelings to care about signs as much as you do. I fancy your passion but I’m tossing this into the bin along with pushrods, real sponsors and whatever else I’m forgetting, Sunday’s shenanigans were a bad break. I look at like this…better to get a stroke of bad luck for Chase out of the way now especially when he was locked into the next round then happen in one months time at Phoenix
Well and fine, but he may NEED those bonus points he lost to even advance to Phoenix.

It means you do the absolute best you can, and every time you do the same job you look for ways to do it even better than the last time you did it. Never accept that something can't be done better and don't accept mediocrity.
Lets say last year they used thumbtacks to put up the signs and had 3 failures so this year they used Liquid Nails and had 1 failure. Thats better in anyone's world but yours.

Well and fine, but he may NEED those bonus points he lost to even advance to Phoenix.
I’m going to choose to believe in the season he’s having and be positive about it by saying he’ll win in the next 3 weeks to stamp his ticket to the NASCAR Championship Bowl in Phoenix. He’s had a season that’s worth believing in rather than being paranoid about a sign that COULD have some impact on what those fellas are trying to accomplish
Some boss somewhere is to print this quote out and proudly tape it to their break room wall to motivate their employees. “Signed...The Jackman”
You eventually reach a point where an increasing amount of resources are required for decreasingly minimal gains.
You’re ruining the motivational slogan to start my day. So damn negative Charlie.

"The entire playoffs were changed by a damned cardboard sign. This is completely unacceptable. It changed two spots of who was in or out." Brett G

The DBC boys are going to the big red hauler next weekend. Holy crap they're coming after NASCAR with both barrel's blazing this week. The sign, Harvick being the "random," oof

Another example of things that USED to just be accepted that is no longer today.
You have gone to a track, and been critical of signage before the green?
The best that could be done was done.

The DBC boys are going to the big red hauler next weekend. Holy crap they're coming after NASCAR with both barrel's blazing this week. The sign, Harvick being the "random," oof
Oh man heck yeah. Too bad the DBC guys and their buthurt crowd weren't around when Bobby Allison's impact gun broke and Waltrup wins another one.

Back
Top Bottom