Cup RACE thread --- Sonoma

I guess I picked the wrong road course to use McDowell at. Should have used him here.
I picked McDowell my fingers are crossed for a top three but nothing is guaranteed, and there will be a lot of laps on them tires when they wave the checkered flag.

Kyle Larson is insane. The speed he can find is mind boggling.

NASCAR did well to give him that waiver.
If we’re ever gonna have a dynasty run in NASCAR again, it’ll be Larson and Daniels hands down.

Best driver since Earnhardt. Best crew chief.

Nobody can beat him when he’s lights out.

That was a wild one.
1717974065867.png

Larson winning, points lead, Hamlin going nowhere.

I nailed my first page predictions.

Only passes for the lead were the 19 on the 17 (with a few lap fresher tires) and the 5 on the 19 (13 lap fresher tires)

Kyle Larson is insane. The speed he can find is mind boggling.

NASCAR did well to give him that waiver.

I'll rock with my driver, but this was entirely a tire strategy win. He was that fast because he had the best car and fresh tires.

Not talked about enough, but this race was won by Larson getting onto pit road, and by his pit crew.

Pitted with a 20 second lead over Buscher. Came out only 11 seconds behind.

To go from +20 to -11 during a 4 tire stop is blazing fast. I thought for sure he'd come out 15+ seconds back.

I’m bummed I miss todays racing festivities but the town carnival was going on and my 3 year old wanted to go to his 3rd day in 4, so off being a dad. Thank goodness for DVR. Hopefully it’s a good one

Larson is just one of 5 drivers to average 5 wins per season over a 4 year stretch since Jeff Gordon.

Best 4 season stretches:

Jimmie Johnson from 2007-2010 averaged 7.5 (5.5 for 13 years lol)
Kyle Busch from 2015-2019 averaged 5.5
Truex from 2016-2019 averaged 5.75
Harvick from 2017-2020 averaged 5.75
Larson from 2021-2024 averaged 5 and counting.

Larson has had one of the most dominant 4 season stretches in recent years...the 5th best, technically

Back
Top Bottom