Cup RACE thread --- Talladega

Byron ruined a good thing, HMS had the race controlled
He did that all race. Literally the entire race. Stage 1, stage 2, stage 3.. just destroyed their control of the race.

He does that every superspeedway race and has some so since like 2020. He's been a terrible teammate. It's nothing new.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

HMS had that in the bag... if they had worked together. Bunch of veterans ****** up together is what that was
You can put that on Byron. I counted 3 separate times he did that today.

Larson was the consummate team player and professional there. And he paid for it. His other teammate who didn’t need it on the other hand…
He should be +15ish, But man, he raced to win. Can't knock him for that, but he kinda was the only big team driver who didn't give a **** about his teammates today lol

He did that all race. Literally the entire race. Stage 1, stage 2, stage 3.. just destroyed their control of the race.

He does that every superspeedway race and has some so since like 2020. He's been a terrible teammate. It's nothing new.
You can put that on Byron. I counted 3 separate times he did that today.
Bill Byron’s inexorable march to the 2023 Cup Championship.

Take no prisoners … team mates or otherwise.

Hendrick has too many hungry young drivers who thinks teamwork is nonsense.

Larson is by far the most mature driver in the stable. But I also don’t blame Byron for trying to screw Larson for example. He’s a direct threat.

Bill Byron’s inexorable march to the 2023 Cup Championship.

Take no prisoners … team mates or otherwise.
We shall see.

But Rick winning 3 titles in 4 years with 3 drivers, all under 30?

That would be unprecidented and I don't buy it.

Damn, that was a good Talladega race. Not a good day for Bubba Wallace though. I don't know why the 23 team isn't contending for stage points. I know the ultimate goal is to win, but if I was his crew chief, I'd want the stage points to hedge my bets. Even if you don't win the race, you don't fall from 2 points below the cut line to 9 points below the cut line. They had the same issue at Texas, gained very little stage points.

Tip of the cap to the elder statesman, he certainly could have decided to put a late block on Blaney and possibly wreck them both out in front of the field, but he didn't do that, he held his line and came up just a tad short running back to the finish line. I applaud 👏 Harvick for that, in the win at all costs era, it's rare to see.

Dropped Larson from p14 to p16 after reviewing finish.

Wrecked, and then drops 2 more spots 25 minutes after unofficial results.

LOL.

F2XEZKMG1BB7VQI.jpg

He was lucky

Byron definitely scored some points with the GF for that assist!

And I mean, wrecks are almost guaranteed at plate races and the further back you are, the better chance you have of being involved. And that’s exactly what would have happened if he just sat back third in line and pushed his teammates to the checkered flag.

I hope Byron can live with himself tonight as he stares at the Liberty big hat knowing that it is directly his fault that Blaney is doing very, very sinful things with his sister in the victory after party.

Back
Top Bottom