Cup RACE thread --- Talladega

Who is talking about it and claiming it means anything?

He cares, which is why he posted about it, and I'm sure Mr H and the rest of the company cares. Not hard to understand.

There were plenty of people talking about the possibility of Chase winning the drivers and Larson winning the owners last year, didn't see any fussing. Nobody said the fans have to care, but it's clearly an important thing to these guys.
I just wish they'd pick an argument and stick with it. Is it "does Chase even care? Why be out there when you clearly hate it!" or "LOL, look at that loser caring and trying for a meaningless to the fans championship!"

I love that quote from Dale
It’s hilarious. But I’m sure Roush-Yates appreciates taking care of equipment that gets used again and the guys at the shop when they don’t create more wore to repair damage from fire or tire shredding. Or potentially to the nose when they do it against the wall.

Jeff Burton said something similar back in the day when he could still when and they asked him why he didn't do burnouts. I paraphrase, but it was very close to "the guys worked like hell all week to build that engine to win. Why the hell would I ruin it or blow it up after winning?"
Mark Martin claimed he didn’t because he didn’t know how. I believe that was just his self deprecating way of saying he preferred to take care of his equipment.

I ****** love Rodney. I really do....and I respect SHR. They cheat their asses off, and then act like they have no idea about how it happened. Stark contrast to the media barrage from Jeffy and Chadly on Team Felon. Rodney is like, "I don't know what you are talking about," even after they fabbed a spoiler with a counterfeit NASCAR stamp. Eagerly awaiting Rodney's supplier issue or have not idea narrative.....

I'm not bitching or complaining, but the "owner's champion" isn't the championship everyone is talking about nor is it the championship NASCAR is posting on their website.

So ok, Chase is trying to get the best results for Mr. Hendrick, who the **** cares? 🤷‍♂️
ME. I'll take any and all bragging rights for HMS, especially knowing how much it pisses others off. :)

He did a really nice job. However, success at a Daytona and Talladega is not an accurate indicator of success ANYWHERE else. I draw ZERO conclusions one way or another from his run Sunday. Wake me up when he does it at Darlington or Dover or Charlotte.

Still undecided on him overall. But he had a legit shot and one of the best cars Sunday.
He's kinda decent, 13th in a SHR Xfinity car, doesn't wreck much or do stupid things, but turn him loose in a Front Row Cup car, first shot out of the box can't deny, he was impressive.
1696307376759.gif

He did a really nice job. However, success at a Daytona and Talladega is not an accurate indicator of success ANYWHERE else. I draw ZERO conclusions one way or another from his run Sunday. Wake me up when he does it at Darlington or Dover or Charlotte.
That’s why still undecided. I’ve seen some greats who ran about like he does in Xfinity. And some not so greats. They are too different and yes Daytona is not even a start of having a big enough sample size to go by.

Maybe be Jeff should convince NASCAR to make The Owner’s Points Championship cash payout a matter of public record. That should take care of it.
Well yeah, that seems to be vu doo, un obtainum info and it has been that way for years. Good luck Jeff lol. Us mere peasants shouldn't be shown how much money the owners are making.

Fans haven’t been privy to purse money in years, nor have specific charter revenues ever been publicized. If we don’t know what the amounts are, how and why should we care? Wasn’t the RTA the one that pushed the sanctioning body to stop disclosing financials? I don’t think most fans sympathize with which billionaire owner makes $8M off of one of their entries and which makes $12M anyways.

If they wanted to rename it something else along a team’s championship, maybe it would hold some intrigue. The guys working at the shop every day and crewing the cars each weekend certainly deserve some credit. And this only applies in select situations like the 9’s and the 23/45 last year, otherwise the owner and driver titles are effectively one and the same.

I think NASCAR started it when they stopped announcing the purse for races and the driver prize winnings. For MANY years, putting out lists of driver season and career earnings was a BIG deal. My take is that it changed because they were embarrassed by how much those numbers had fallen, and because they got tired of explaining how a driver who finished 18th could take home a smaller purse than someone who finished 24th. The owner championship ambiguity has gone on for many years in Xfinity, mostly because of the super teams using all-star driver lineups that would out point the full time drivers. In HMS's case, Brian Vickers won the 2003 XFinity Driver's title, but HMS did not win the owner's title. Can ANYBODY remember who DID? Probably not.

Reactions: Pat
Back
Top Bottom