Cup RACE thread --- Texas

"DOWN IN FRONT" -- Get out of the way Larry Mac,

I'm trying to watch a race!

that's called racing. ;)

Right, no one is disputing that...pit strategy has made this a good an interesting race but when all things were equal, the leader couldn't be passed. I'd argue Joey and Chase were both faster at one point than the 48 but simply couldn't get around him without stalling out.

The 22 even said it himself...he must be a hater.

I'm listening on radio rn. Did Harvick take two? If so he's hanging tight there in 6th.

42 spotter: Really good 1&2, keep working center-exit on 3&4.

Larson: You can't work on center-exit when you are running wide open.

Package is a joke. Go from being the fastest car and the only car to pull away by over a second to being stuck in 13th because of aero, and a bad restart lane draw.

See you guys next weekend..switching this one off

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Right, no one is disputing that...pit strategy has made this a good an interesting race but when all things were equal, the leader couldn't be passed. I'd argue Joey and Chase were both faster at one point than the 48 but simply couldn't get around him without stalling out.

The 22 even said it himself...he must be a hater.
dang tough to pass the leader, who'd a thunk that.

Package is a joke. Go from being the fastest car and the only car to pull away by over a second to being stuck in 13th because of aero, and a bad restart lane draw.

See you guys next weekend..switching this one off

I think this is a solid race because of pit strategies but ya, you are right. No one is coming from 13th in this race to win it...not unless they try something on pit road to gain an advantage and then some luck.

dang tough to pass the leader, who'd a thunk that.

yes, even the faster cars couldn't do it lol...who'd have thunk it. Look, the announcers are saying it and so are the drivers...not sure what the argument is here. This is a good race because of pit strategies going on but even the booth is saying the cars just stall out when they get up next to some one or run up behind someone and have to get out of the throttle.

This is pedal to the metal racing...nothing more, nothing less.

Joey was able to make the pass on the 18 because he has two better tires...and it took forever to do it.

Tight, tight, tight, and more tightness.

Everyone pretty much have the same complaints over the radio.

yes, even the faster cars couldn't do it lol...who'd have thunk it. Look, the announcers are saying it and so are the drivers...not sure what the argument is here. This is a good race because of pit strategies going on but even the booth is saying the cars just stall out when they get up next to some one or run up behind someone and have to get out of the throttle.

This is pedal to the metal racing...nothing more, nothing less.

Joey was able to make the pass on the 18 because he has two better tires...and it took forever to do it.
48 was faster than 22 and 9. He stretched out on them and reeled in Joey from .8 back multiple times. Restarts 9th, bad lane draw and can't go anywhere. That's a problem

Nope. Thats part of it.

I think everyone is talking way past each other....everyone is picking at what point in this race benefits their point. The first 80 laps it was impossible to pass...why? Everyone had the same tires. Not now. Yes, that's racing...but that doesn't prove the package either. It can be both.

That's what they need, if only that had an electric boost they could use to give the car more speed when they want to pass someone :dunce:

Guy touted by several champions as maybe having the most raw racing talent is pissed on the radio about the difference in handling between clean and dirty air.

Larson: "I'm definitely free in clean air but in traffic I just suck. This is the dumbest racing ever."

Goes to show that even though he’s got a better car and is making moves, he’s not pleased with how the car drives.

Guy touted by several champions as maybe having the most raw racing talent is pissed on the radio about the difference in handling between clean and dirty air.

Larson: "I'm definitely free in clean air but in traffic I just suck. This is the dumbest racing ever."

Goes to show that even though he’s got a better car and is making moves, he’s not pleased with how the car drives.

Probably the worst thing to happen to Larson was this aero package and reduction in power. Larson is a animal when he has the power and off-throttle time.

Chase drifting into pit road casually.

Yep, that's where strategy comes into play. I guess a couple of the guys on here think they are enlightening you and I about tires.:)
Except the context of how difficult it is to pass was made about everyone on near equal laps.

Making the case against that truth without noting tire age is logically fallacious.

Back
Top Bottom