Cup RACE thread --- Texas

The NHRA teams completed their race in Houston this past weekend and have already passed through Dallas and should be arriving in Las Vegas tomorrow. Just the luck of the draw which City got the rain only a couple hundred miles apart.

• Wow
Reactions: Pat
Speaking of luck of the draw NHRA also completed another race the week before in Dallas. I know it has to be luck and not mother nature favoring drag racing over oval racing because I have witnessed her downpours at many drag races throughout my career. :)

@Nitro Dude

whats the latest if the hauler drivers are pushing it they can push this race and still get to m'ville on time?

Like will the haulers be flat out?

I tried to help this morning. I deliberately did NOT set the DVR, sure that they’d get it in if I were to have to miss it. Sorry, that usually works.

@Nitro Dude

whats the latest if the hauler drivers are pushing it they can push this race and still get to m'ville on time?

Like will the haulers be flat out?
Martinsville is only around 1100 miles from Dallas so that would be a day and part of the night drive with 2 drivers. But a team that has only 1 driver you would have to add another 11 to 12 hours.

Martinsville is only around 1100 miles from Dallas so that would be a day and part of the night drive with 2 drivers. But a team that has only 1 driver you would have to add another 11 to 12 hours.
LOOONG haul. Thanks for the inside scoop on this. Some teams may have to get another driver for the hauler!

LOOONG haul. Thanks for the inside scoop on this. Some teams may have to get another driver for the hauler!
If they get out of here tonight or tomorrow night they should still be able to stop at their shops to reload if they need to. It is not that far out of the way to go by their shops. Most of the shops are just over 100 miles from Martinsville. All though the construction was terrible last year between Greenville SC and Charlotte and then again all around the Mooresville area. So I don't know which way they will decide to go.

Last edited:
I dont think in my lifetime as a fan a rain delayed race has ever lasted this long, I know they have raced on Tuesday in 11 or 12, but I dont think I've seen a Weds race that was delayed from Sunday. Just a brutal set of cards they've been dealt

I don't know exactly how all of the points are figured but PRN just said that right now as it stands Harvick and Hamlin have lost their points cushion and are just a couple points above the cutoff line.

• Wow
I dont think in my lifetime as a fan a rain delayed race has ever lasted this long, I know they have raced on Tuesday in 11 or 12, but I dont think I've seen a Weds race that was delayed from Sunday. Just a brutal set of cards they've been dealt

It's looking like we will get a Thursday race. The forecast tomorrow is worse than today.

Listening to the NASCAR radio today has been pretty damn funny. The tower told the "Chaser" which my understanding is a support truck that just drives around and monitors what's going on-

"Chaser find a spot on the track where it's not misting and park it there. I'm willing to try anything at this point".

Seems mist is picking up but progress is still present/haven't lost the track yet.

• Haha
So now what's happening?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

IMG_20201027_181751420.jpg
. Hard to believe when a tropical hurricane is on the way....

If they were anywhere but Texas, I'd be excited to see these guys hit the track with how anxious they all probably are from waiting. Unfortunately it won't matter.

Dry line emerging at Texas and the roof top camera is almost dry for the first time today!!!

I don't think we're too far off if moisture stays away...an hour or 90 minutes perhaps.
I agree that looks better then it has in the past 2 days and hopefully they can get this thing in tonight.
The weather looks like rain Wed, and cloudy on Thur but sunny and in the 60's from Fri to next Tues in Texas. If they don't get this race in tonight and they don't think they can get this race in in time to get to Martinsville in a timely manner then I wouldn't have a problem if they decided to stay and do a double header in Texas this weekend and then head to Phoenix. They are already half way there and the teams could just have their Phoenix cars delivered to Dallas. I realize that the die hard short track fans will be disappointed and not like that idea, but we are not 5 year old's and should have learned by now that sometimes things have to be changed due to unavoidable circumstances. I don't even know if this is something that NASCAR is even contemplating or if it is even an option. I'm just thinking out loud.

It would be funny if 3 or 4 drivers secretly already hopped on a plane and are back in North Carolina lol

anyway, this is REALLY interesting just for the fact that these 53 laps cannot be ignored... but I also see NASCAR wishing they could call an audible and run a double at Martinsville or even Phoenix... but that would be incredibly unfair to dump these 53 laps and allow everyone a clean slate... especially since it would benefit someone like the 4 team so much... so this is really weird

They are going to race this damn thing tonight aren't they? When I already got plans for the night. Son of a bitch.

You got every right to cancel my dude.

I do, but man I've been looking forward to it so I kind of just, can't because then if it ends up not happening it's like whomp, stopped for no damn reason.

I do, but man I've been looking forward to it so I kind of just, can't because then if it ends up not happening it's like whomp, stopped for no damn reason.
Touche. Hope it works out for ya.

Back
Top Bottom