Cup RACE thread --- The Roval

I wish Bubba had walked away instead. I also wish Bowman had not seen the need to drive through Bubba's quarter panel over a middle finger, and wish that he had behaved with more 'class' and 'maturity' on track. Bubba's move wasn't well considered, but I'm not seeing the grevious harm from the splash of water that some are. Both of them behaved like brats in different ways today, and I'm not feeling the pity party for Bowman.

Well said

I wish Bubba had walked away instead. I also wish Bowman had not seen the need to drive through Bubba's quarter panel over a middle finger, and wish that he had behaved with more 'class' and 'maturity' on track. Bubba's move wasn't well considered, but I'm not seeing the grevious harm from the splash of water that some are. Both of them behaved like brats in different ways today, and I'm not feeling the pity party for Bowman.

Bowman did fine

He did, drove quite well at the end to save his 'playoffs'.

Yes, and he turned finger boy around which pleased me to no end. This sport needs a little bumper now and again and Bubba needed some today. Seems to me that a driver that has time to be flipping folks off could be driving a bit harder :idunno:

Yes, and he turned finger boy around which pleased me to no end. This sport needs a little bumper now and again and Bubba needed some today. Seems to me that a driver that has time to be flipping folks off could be driving a bit harder :idunno:
You are taking Bowmans word for what happened, the only proof we have is him dumping the 43

Whose word are you taking on the matter ? I enjoyed the display, probably won't be dwelling on it for too long either. :idunno:
I dont take any word, I saw the 88 dump the 43. Thats all I need to know. If Bowman is too much of a pansy ass to get flipped off he might need to change the sport hes in

Reactions: Pat
I dont take any word, I saw the 88 dump the 43. Thats all I need to know. If Bowman is too much of a pansy ass to get flipped off he might need to change the sport hes in

Not my problem, it looked to me like he handled the day quite well. I taught my kids not to flip people off, it can literally get you hurt or killed, it is bad business.

Not my problem, it looked to me like he handled the day quite well. I taught my kids not to flip people off, it can literally get you hurt or killed, it is bad business.
Right, not your problem because you arent in the seat. More than likely it would have been taken care of on the track if the 8 hadnt spun out.

Right, not your problem because you arent in the seat. More than likely it would have been taken care of on the track if the 8 hadnt spun out.

It was taken care of on the track. The 88 spun Bubba and Bubba spent the rest of the day at the back of the pack with the drivers who share his talent level.

Bubba is on record saying that its his “thing” to give drivers who are lapping him the bird just for fun.

Although in this case I’d imagine its for running over him on lap 1.

I get it, he's being a troll to an extent.

Yet, he needs to get past that. I was out at a family gathering today and I missed the race, sadly.

I've seen the footage and honestly, it's an honest situation of two heated drivers behind the wheel. Bowman should have never dumped Bubba like that, it was uneccessary, but taking in Bowman's situation I understand. Bubba was wrong as well by throwing water at Bowman. Honestly, I'd prefer him just throw water instead of throwing punches at someone who was exhausted like Alex needing fluids at the end.

Bubba needs to realize this though, everything he does is magnified by x1000. Not just twitter trolls or what have you, a bunch of wish-washy folks anyways, but he has to realize everything he does is looked at under a microscope and folks and sponsors alike see this and like to point to situations like this to justify change. Bubba's personality and the fact he wears his emotions on his sleeves, I hope his team around him pulls him in and makes him consider his decision making in that situation.

Throwing water was better than throwing punches because they would see that as a low down "something, something" move. A certain move made by in a nice manner, what a "ignorant" *insert word* would do. I'm just being brutally honest about it.

It was taken care of on the track. The 88 spun Bubba and Bubba spent the rest of the day at the back of the pack with the drivers who share his talent level.
He had a top 15 piece, Bubba has elevated his game as of late and so has RPM. That dump ****** his race, not mention he had a shot tire and had to run back through the field.

Bowman drove his ass off, no doubt about it. He had to fight through the field because he wrecked himself near the end of practice. Bowman would have had a shot to win, but shot himself in the foot and cost himself that opprotunity.

I get it, he's being a troll to an extent.

Yet, he needs to get past that. I was out at a family gathering today and I missed the race, sadly.

I've seen the footage and honestly, it's an honest situation of two heated drivers behind the wheel. Bowman should have never dumped Bubba like that, it was uneccessary, but taking in Bowman's situation I understand. Bubba was wrong as well by throwing water at Bowman. Honestly, I'd prefer him just throw water instead of throwing punches at someone who was exhausted like Alex needing fluids at the end.

Bubba needs to realize this though, everything he does is magnified by x1000. Not just twitter trolls or what have you, a bunch of wish-washy folks anyways, but he has to realize everything he does is looked at under a microscope and folks and sponsors alike see this and like to point to situations like this to justify change. Bubba's personality and the fact he wears his emotions on his sleeves, I hope his team around him pulls him in and makes him consider his decision making in that situation.

Throwing water was better than throwing punches because they would see that as a low down "something, something" move. A certain move made by in a nice manner, what a "ignorant" *insert word* would do. I'm just being brutally honest about it.
What word?

Need a say more? I've had the sad displeasure of reading some of this sh!t Gluck had to sift through.
So Bubba does what many drivers do ( flipping someone off) and thats cause to wreck him and call him derogatory names? I know you arent doing that but I find it reprehensible.

So Bubba does what many drivers do ( flipping someone off) and thats cause to wreck him and call him derogatory names? I know you arent doing that but I find it reprehensible.
No sir, never and I hate to see it.

I'm not excusing either individual, but as I stated previously, everything Bubba does will be magnified by x1000. What he did was wrong and he has to control himself in those situations, but at the same time as you stated Bowman is no saint either in the situation.

I'm just telling it how it is. I apologize for getting deep into things like that, but that's how I feel. It was hard racing and emotions got the best of them. Both Bowman and Bubba are fantastic drivers and spokesmen for NASCAR, I like them both quite a bit. This business isn't all buddy, buddy at the end of the day. I just hope they settle the situation and move on.

Jeff Gluck has had to block a lot of people on Twitter because of the derogatory remarks they were making about Bubba.
I don't think Bowman said anything.
And I agree --- derogatory names are extremely reprehensible.
I agree and Im sure Bowman would put them on blast for that.

I know Bubba Wallace will be out of the Cup Series within 5 years. Probably less.
This is the **** I don't understand, now I'm irritated.

Every time he finishes well and makes improvement, certain members don't say ****. Now, we get this nonsense like this when he's involved with something negative. The flood gates part like its nothing. This team has been making gains since May, he's ahead of all three FRM cars, Preece, and is one good top 15 finish away from passing Hemric in the point standings.

Oh, but now he's the villain with this situation and he's out of NASCAR because of this? C'mon man, grow up.

This is the sh!t I don't understand, now I'm irritated.

Every time he finishes well and makes improvement, certain members don't say sh!t. Now, we get this nonsense like this when he's involved with something negative. The flood gates part like its nothing. This team has been making gains since May, he's ahead of all three FRM cars, Preece, and is one good top 15 finish away from passing Hemric in the point standings.

Oh, but now he's the villain with this situation and he's out of NASCAR because of this? C'mon man, grow up.
For real. It was a bonehead move, but by no means the least sportsmanlike thing I have witnessed this season.

This isn’t that big a deal, I hate the medical woman getting water thrown on her but that’s about it. I laughed when I saw this. Rusty Wallace threw a freaking water bottle at Dale Earnhardt once.....this isn’t that at all. And even that deal wasn’t that huge. Some blow things out of proportion, Bubba had a right to be pissed that Alex drove through him and he took that out on him after the race. Onto Round 2....and since we went there in previous posts...I never cared what skin color Bubba is, I just saw him as a race car driver and driver of the 43. I judge him based on that. If that’s not good enough for the Social Justice Warriors, then pound sand.

Throwing water is silly and hard to take seriously.

Bubba probably wanted to throw a punch. **** happens.

Bubba has a bit too much of a chip on his shoulder this year though. He may be his own worst enemy this year. Not that he doesn't have a right, but he's back and forth.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Bubba is on record saying that its his “thing” to give drivers who are lapping him the bird just for fun.
Thanks. It sounds like the two of them disagree on the severity of the gesture. Overreactions ensued, but the off-track water-toss during a medical situation with responders was WAY over the top.

Is it your problem ? It seems that Bubba admits to using the finger gesture fairly often, the gesture can get a fellow in lots of trouble ! " would have" and " could have " are nice to think about but in this case the " what happened " seemed appropriate :idunno:

The #1 thing that pisses a driver off and makes them see red is for someone to hook them in the right rear and put them drivers side in to the fence. Nothing else. Everybody who has been in racing knows when you do that you better get ready and expect retaliation on the track or after the race. Any driver in that garage will tell you the same thing. Doesnt matter if your hot, doesnt matter if you dont feel good. Bowman got off easy.............. so far....

The #1 thing that pisses a driver off and makes them see red is for someone to hook them in the right rear and put them drivers side in to the fence. Nothing else. Everybody who has been in racing knows when you do that you better get ready and expect retaliation on the track or after the race. Any driver in that garage will tell you the same thing. Doesnt matter if your hot, doesnt matter if you dont feel good. Bowman got off easy.............. so far....

that might be true on an oval, don't think so on a road course. Doesn't matter which side a driver gets turned on if they end up in the fence. Not seeing what led up to the turn job is another thing. Bubba acting a fool when it was obvious that Bowman was on his butt was even more stupid looking than when Clint helmet was batting around Newman. At least Newman was aware of what was happening.

that might be true on an oval, don't think so on a road course. Doesn't matter which side a driver gets turned on if they end up in the fence. Not seeing what led up to the turn job is another thing. Bubba acting a fool when it was obvious that Bowman was on his butt was even more stupid looking than when Clint helmet was batting around Newman. At least Newman was aware of what was happening.
Doesnt matter, he hit drivers side after being hooked in the right rear. Bowman had no reason to dump him and I hope he gets cleaned out in return

When Medical personnel or Safety Crews are onsite conducting their mission -- don't enter to cause trouble no matter how personally righteous you believe your cause is.

Wait for the next event to "race him hard", jump him by his million dollar motorhome (Kenseth style), headlock him (Childers style), "Unfriend" him on social media, TP his mansion -- plenty of options than to interrupt NASCAR First Responders. :)

Back
Top Bottom