Cup RACE thread --- The Roval

Doesnt matter, he hit drivers side after being hooked in the right rear. Bowman had no reason to dump him and I hope he gets cleaned out in return
yeah that will look real good for Bubba's career after the water fight. I can tell ya aren't in the public relations side of the deal. o_O

When I get home, I am going to watch the last 20 or so laps on the DVR, I have to see Bowman and Elliott's drive through the field. I will say that was two guys wheeling the hell out of those machines.

When I get home, I am going to watch the last 20 or so laps on the DVR, I have to see Bowman and Elliott's drive through the field. I will say that was two guys wheeling the hell out of those machines.
Lol, it's basically a dozen restarts and a bunch of carnage.

I have been watching the replay and holy mother, this race was absolutely crazy.
reminds me in some areas of a little bitty short track with all of the rubbing going on, and other areas look like a full on road course. Many drivers said it's the toughest track that Nascar races on. That bus stop on the back stretch made it even harder. I think the IndyCars need to try it.

Sorry if this has been asked or not. Kyle Larsons penalty for pitting outside the box. What happened there exactly and did the penalty seem excessive to place him a lap down?

It's even harder if the driver you are flipping off -- wrecks you. :)

I’ve been attending races off and on for 31 years and never saw my favorite win. Saw Bill Elliott win pole and not lead a lap twice. Jeff Burton won Charlotte a couple times in a period where I was in school and couldn’t go. Yesterday I finally was able to say “my guy” won and I was there. Such a weird feeling as a fan! Would’ve been better if we could have soaked it in instead of being rushed out due to “lightning in the area” that never came about... (but with those metal bleachers I certainly understand why they did that)

Dumbest comment of the month comes to us from Daniel Trotta-" Bubba Wallace could get arrested for assault. " We have officially jumped the shark with broadcasters, emphasis on broad.

This is some bigtime overreaction going on over Bubba Wallace. It's a bad look but it's nowhere near as bad as people are making it out to be.

This is some bigtime overreaction going on over Bubba Wallace. It's a bad look but it's nowhere near as bad as people are making it out to be.
Yeah, no kidding. I get it, he looked like a tool throwing water on him with medical staff around, but it was just water. Had he ran up and kicked him, I'd understand.

Dumbest comment of the month comes to us from Daniel Trotta-" Bubba Wallace could get arrested for assault. " We have officially jumped the shark with broadcasters, emphasis on broad.
If that’s the case Rusty woulda been shown the electric chair for throwing that water bottle at Earnhardt. Some of these media people don’t help the sport at all

Sorry if this has been asked or not. Kyle Larsons penalty for pitting outside the box. What happened there exactly and did the penalty seem excessive to place him a lap down?

Looked like he dragged a crew member out of his box, probably half dragged, half fell. Crew guy was adding or pulling tape

Doesnt matter, he hit drivers side after being hooked in the right rear. Bowman had no reason to dump him and I hope he gets cleaned out in return
Bowman will be fine and Bubba will be fine. Hell they are probably already having a beer... or maybe water.:D Now go win a championship Alex.:punkrocke

Chase was absolutely eating people’s lunch in the turns 5-8 portion and the front chicane. That was a masterclass.
Bowyer was the same going into 1.

5-8 are a joy to watch as drivers set up their passes. Say what you will about the cautions, the stages, driver disagreements, but there's nothing wrong with the course layout.

Looked like he dragged a crew member out of his box, probably half dragged, half fell. Crew guy was adding or pulling tape
Thanks. Thats kind of what i got out of sirius today. And 4 guys
pushing the 6 car to start it out of their box must be OK... :)

Thanks. Thats kind of what i got out of sirius today. And 4 guys
pushing the 6 car to start it out of their box must be OK... :)

You are quite welcome ! I don't know about that pushing deal, must not be considered " servicing the car "

Bowman will be fine and Bubba will be fine. Hell they are probably already having a beer... or maybe water.:D Now go win a championship Alex.:punkrocke

Yup, the young guns need to figure it out amongst themselves. But especially with inter-web mobs and driver interaction -- tribalism can kick in and take on a life of its own -- sorta like Rowdy-nation. :eek::D

Interesting that the Bubba affair didn't seem as deep an issue to Burton for Bowman, as Bowman slamming the door on Austin Dillon with the "Silver Spoon" follow up no-apology reference. He could be correct.

Last edited:
Ahhhhhhh, blondes. :rolleyes::oops::p

Not read the thread at all and just finished the race. Any mention on how convenient Suarez's spin with 12 to go creating a caution and then Suarez's crash with 1 to go attempting to create a caution was/would've been to Aric Almirola's playoff fortunes? The spin with 12 to go reeks to high heaven.

Not read the thread at all and just finished the race. Any mention on how convenient Suarez's spin with 12 to go creating a caution and then Suarez's crash with 1 to go attempting to create a caution was/would've been to Aric Almirola's playoff fortunes? The spin with 12 to go reeks to high heaven.
Bowyer’s been owed one for a looooooong time.

I thought the same thing while watching the race.

I thought the same thing while watching the race.

It's ridiculous how transparent that was.

Almirola is falling backward on old tires outside the top 12 in points with no hope unless a caution comes out. Suarez goes flying wide too fast into a corner and spins a long distance. Stays still, grabs the caution, then takes off.

You could make the same argument for the Ricky Stenhouse spin causing a caution for Newman. Although the 2 things I'll say there is 1.) Stenhouse just got fired by Roush, if you want him to do dirty tactics you would have him do it before he was fired, and 2.) wheel hopping into the backstretch chicane is a way more natural spin than what Suarez did.

I thought Suarez was trying to do the same thing on the frontstretch with 1 to go. My DVR recording went straight to local news after Chase Elliott spoke, so I have no idea how Suarez wrecked there.

NASCAR literally broke their own rules in the past when this occurred although mostly because Jeff Gordon was the one left out, and the aftermath of their punishments effectively put Michael Waltrip Racing out of business from the loss of sponsors. This didn't succeed in Almirola getting in to the next round, but as far as the actions carried out there's not the slightest bit of difference.

I wondered about the rest of the story. Those two were boxing the whole race

Bubba is brilliant in the PR Department....1) He understands the impact his Watkins Glenn crap had--he sucks at road courses, so this kind of thing is the only thing that will get people talking about him post race, 2) This kind of crap diverts attention away from his finishes, 3) This kind of crap gives him a platform to tell us all how he won't be pushed around. Bubba does everything amazingly well except the driving part. He is currently maximizing his potential. Well done.

Bubba is brilliant in the PR Department....1) He understands the impact his Watkins Glenn crap had--he sucks at road courses, so this kind of thing is the only thing that will get people talking about him post race, 2) This kind of crap diverts attention away from his finishes, 3) This kind of crap gives him a platform to tell us all how he won't be pushed around. Bubba does everything amazingly well except the driving part. He is currently maximizing his potential. Well done.
What are you talking about?

I'm lost completely with this one.

I think he drives pretty good when given something that will keep up

Yup, he really showed that medical lady who's boss... :rolleyes:

Idk if he's deliberately doing that, but that's what seems to be happening.

We are talking about him. He's made it clear he doesn't want to be pushed around.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Because we were racing in St Louis I didn't get to watch the cup race. Does anyone know if Bowman had to start at the back of the pack in his back up car?

Am I the only one who finds the restart zone kinda gimmicky and they should restart using the proper course they do for the rest of the race?

Back
Top Bottom