Cup "rainy" RACE thread --- COTA

just saying
you need to race the track n conditions
go a hundred into a turn you slide thru it
slow down and you make the turn

All they need to do was move the standing water.. it took hours to get that had.. also they could still be waiting there's plenty of day light left.. that's my only issue

The Fox announcers were actively lobbying for it to be called, thus you can only imagine what was communicated by the network off the air. It's unfortunate, I wish they could have completed the scheduled distance too, but inevitable and a credible decision.

The Fox announcers were actively lobbying for it to be called, thus you can only imagine what was communicated by the network off the air. It's unfortunate, I wish they could have completed the scheduled distance too, but inevitable and a credible decision.
I think that was to avoid future embarrassment

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

So I was pulling for Larson and wanted the race to continue. But after seeing Kurt hydroplane( magnificent job of keeping it moving BTW) and after the Truex/ Custer wreck I have no problem with Nascar calling it. Scared the hell out of me seeing Cole climb out(understandably) of a burning car on a hot track with little to no visibility. Nascar dodged a bullet on what could have easily been a very bad outcome and I think they realized enough was enough and they had to pull the plug.

Is it still raining? Because it's still daylight.. like I said my issue is they gave up too soon.. way too soon
You know it rains during the day, right?

Your strategy:

cvj6oCU.jpg

If Larson was in Chase's position, you know damn well they would've let it run to the end.

"Potential lightning"

I'm laughing now. Didn't we sit around for like two and a half hours and wait for NASCAR to make a call in the Firecracker 400 a couple years ago?

He said that when he needed the caution. You know, drivers do that ****.
I guess Kurt Busch nearly hydroplaning through his brother had no impact on the end of the race either, and that level of rain wasn’t letting up and still isn’t.

If Larson was in Chase's position, you know damn well they would've let it run to the end.

I doubt it. Whoever's leading never dictates NASCAR's decision on when to call a race short. They'd like to have gotten the race going again, if they could. They deemed that wasn't possible.

Golden boy is leading so nascar will call it. Time for chase fans to stfu with their endless victim complex
I, for one, count it as payback for NASCAR taking Daytona road course from him with the rainbow caution.

And, at crunch time, he was TWO SECONDS a lap faster than everyone.

Yall remember when non-Jr fans would say that if NASCAR really was biased towards Jr, why doesn’t he win more?

Those are the exact same people that are now saying that NASCAR is biased for Chase Elliott.

You hate to see it.

"Potential lightning"

I'm laughing now. Didn't we sit around for like two and a half hours and wait for NASCAR to make a call in the Firecracker 400 a couple years ago?

well, you see. Daytona has these things called lights. Lights make the track bright so you can race at night.

They shouldn't even be doing this racing in the rain crap to start with.

"BuT nFl PlAyS iN tHe RaIn!"
It has a place in NASCAR.

Seven out of 36 races will be on road courses, its going to happen again. I think its something we all have to adjust to.

NASCAR is honestly learning on the fly...

Back
Top Bottom