Cup "rainy" RACE thread --- COTA

They shouldn't even be doing this racing in the rain crap to start with.

"BuT nFl PlAyS iN tHe RaIn!"

The overwhelming majority of premier road course racing series race in the rain. It has nothing to do with the NFL.

If they can figure out how to do it on smaller ovals, even better. NASCAR does a lot of things wrong, this isn't one of them.

They shouldn't even be doing this racing in the rain crap to start with.

"BuT nFl PlAyS iN tHe RaIn!"
NASCAR can absolutely race in the rain. They proved it today and most of the drivers did fine.

What they can’t do yet is race in a downpour with a track with poor drainage. They may get there eventually.

I just think they called it WAY too soon... there's no reason they can't be working on it still
Nascar was low key wanting to call this one before the second stage was over. Two massive wrecks due to zero visibility takes out huge teams, then Harvick puts them on blast in interview... this entire race was a s*** show, but it is what it is.

Hopefully Larson comes out and dominates the Coke 600 to piss off NASCAR.

Kinda hope he fails inspection lol Larson deserves this one
L O fricking L. If your conspiracies are true, so you think nascar has the stones to disqualify God’s Chosen? Chase could have a bottle of nitrous on the roll bar and they’d look the other way, right?

Edit: this is sarcasm, just being clear

I’m still salty over that RCR protest that resulted in penalty. Rockingham?

Richmond.

Same year, at Charlotte, they let Dale Earnhardt's team run out ON THE RACETRACK to change a tire so he wouldn't lose more time waiting for a push back to pit road.

It's just friggin' hilarious how Chase Elliott fans have this victim complex and bash NASCAR all the time for manipulation, and then rush to defend and praise NASCAR when they get their way.

Richmond.

Same year, at Charlotte, they let Dale Earnhardt's team run out ON THE RACETRACK to change a tire so he wouldn't lose more time waiting for a push back to pit road.

It's just friggin' hilarious how Chase Elliott fans have this victim complex and bash NASCAR all the time for manipulation, and then rush to defend and praise NASCAR when they get their way.

can I defend him since I’m sure I didn’t bitch back at Daytona when he was screwed?

L O fricking L. If your conspiracies are true, so you think nascar has the stones to disqualify God’s Chosen? Chase could have a bottle of nitrous on the roll bar and they’d look the other way, right?

I really try to give NASCAR the benefit of the doubt.. it was tough this time but I've accepted it lol

Richmond.

Needs more Oprah ...

I really try to give NASCAR the benefit of the doubt.. it was tough this time but I've accepted it lol
If it makes you feel any better, this doesn’t feel like a “real” win to me. It’s a win, but with an asterisk.

can I defend him since I’m sure I didn’t bitch back at Daytona when he was screwed?

That's just it, the people defending NASCAR so adamantly wouldn't be defending NASCAR if Elliott didn't win.

The Fans are exactly why we have this WWE ****. I remember fans being pissed off about the playoffs last year and the whole situation at Texas and how the best driver got screwed, and then when Elliott won, they loved the playoffs.

NASCAR can absolutely race in the rain. They proved it today and most of the drivers did fine.

What they can’t do yet is race in a downpour with a track with poor drainage. They may get there eventually.

Yeah, they can, but I think we also saw the absence of sufficient practice to do so. Some of those guys who checked up halfway down the straight, and those who rammed into their asses had not idea where the hell they were both because of the visibility, but also a lack of track awareness IMO. This is one of the world's greatest tracks...drainage not an issue.

That's just it, the people defending NASCAR so adamantly wouldn't be defending NASCAR if Elliott didn't win.

The Fans are exactly why we have this WWE ****. I remember fans being pissed off about the playoffs last year and the whole situation at Texas and how the best driver got screwed, and then when Elliott won, they loved the playoffs.

I defend the call no matter what. So wrong.

I defend the call no matter what. So wrong.

See, I think NASCAR tries too hard to force these races in when it's clear they're not going to be able to. I know it's supposed to rain all month in Texas though.

I'd rather see a race pushed back a day knowing they can get the whole thing in, than see them try to force it in. Even the NFL has pushed games back a day or two in advance if the weather calls for it.

I understand your disappointment oh the one that said this was going to be a KDB day :punkrocke

See, I think NASCAR tries too hard to force these races in when it's clear they're not going to be able to. I know it's supposed to rain all month in Texas though.

I'd rather see a race pushed back a day knowing they can get the whole thing in, than see them try to force it in. Even the NFL has pushed games back a day or two in advance if the weather calls for it.

I can agree with that sure. But it is what it is.

Calls go in drivers favors sometimes, other times it don’t. This is why I don’t really try to complain to much about it. Cause today my driver got it. Sometimes he gets screwed from it, but if I complain about it, I can’t enjoy it when it goes in his favor. It’s life

The Fans are exactly why we have this WWE ****.
Erm, you have a bad habit of blaming fans for too many issues. NASCAR doesnt even listen to the fans lol. Lets not act like alcoholic pill popper Brian France wasn’t in charge of this sport for almost two decades.

I missed the entire race, but checked into the leaderboard.

Looks like the champ took over the race towards the last 20%. Not entirely surprising. Some guys just have it some places. Some guys like Tony and Jeff have it at RC tracks. You can add Chase to that group.

And due to the number of road coarse races, Chase is gonna annihilate Gordon's record.

With Chase's success, and the increase in RC races, do not be surprised to see the cup series finale end up at a RC track in the next 5 years.

Regardless, Chase is the guy at these tracks for the time being.

Edit: I see Chase fans even calling this an * win. What happened? Last I saw he had a decent lead. Was he not the best car today? What did I miss? Lots of drama it seems

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Richmond.

Most of these Chase fans absolutely have a victim complex and I'm not entirely sure why.

There's no reason to. Some of them are awesome posters. But Chase has won 12 cup races, he's a champion. There's nothing to defend. Chase has had a hall of potential career thus far. Champs, and champs who are the most popular driver in the sport are going to be targeted. It is what it is and there's nothing to defend.

This is one of the world's greatest tracks...drainage not an issue.
COTA has serious drainage issues at all of the lowest points of elevation change, the bottom of the hill going into turn 1 being one the biggest - and fastest. No bueno.

Most of these Chase fans absolutely have a victim complex and I'm not entirely sure why.

There's no reason to. Some of them are awesome posters. But Chase has won 12 cup races, he's a champion. There's nothing to defend. Chase has had a hall of potential career thus far. Champs, and champs who are the most popular driver in the sport are going to be targeted. It is what it is and there's nothing to defend.

Uh I think most of the nonsenxe posts on this thread comes from mostly KDB fans and constant complainers. Professional victims.

He was 2 laps short on fuel and won from it raining too much
I was in Boston today on a brewery crawl with my best bud , but my other friend was updating me. Around stage 2 he told me Logano had been dominant.

Did this turn into a fuel mileage race?

I missed the entire race, but checked into the leaderboard.

Looks like the champ took over the race towards the last 20%. Not entirely surprising. Some guys just have it some places. Some guys like Tony and Jeff have it at RC tracks. You can add Chase to that group.

And due to the number of road coarse races, Chase is gonna annihilate Gordon's record.

With Chase's success, and the increase in RC races, do not be surprised to see the cup series finale end up at a RC track in the next 5 years.

Regardless, Chase is the guy at these tracks for the time being.

Edit: I see Chase fans even calling this an * win. What happened? Last I saw he had a decent lead. Was he not the best car today? What did I miss? Lots of drama it seems

He was 2 laps short on fuel. I find it funny when people say NASCAR gifted Chase the win. If that was the case they wouldn't have thrown the caution at the Daytona Road course that screwed him out of a win.

If they would've let it run to the end today when safety was clearly an issue earlier in the race, then they would've let it run out in February when safety wasn't even close to being an issue. Some of y'all aren't sounding too wise in here.

Same guy was leading.

Back
Top Bottom