Dale Earnhardt Jr.

Trump U.

There are a number of number of neurologists in the Charlotte area with a degree from that venerable institution.
Sounds about right. I considered their Rocket Scientist program but the requirement for full tuition in advance via Western Union Money Order with the payee left blank put me off

Last edited:
Don't know.
I've had six major concussions and recognize the long term implications but I'm not a doctor either.
I think that qualifies you more than a sports writer meeting a quota, but the long term decision to retire is way over his or our pay grade
By the way I am a fan who would prefer that he does retire.

Wow I just noticed on Twitter that JRM is putting Clint "Spin on command" Bowyer in the 88 for a race.
I guess Junior thinks his clean wholesome image will overcome this, not so in my case. At least Harvick brings talent if not class to that ride and the rest of his stable bought the rides in the new Nascar trend. Sure doesn't fit his wanting to give drivers a chance statements of years past.

Wow I just noticed on Twitter that JRM is putting Clint "Spin on command" Bowyer in the 88 for a race.
I guess Junior thinks his clean wholesome image will overcome this, not so in my case. At least Harvick brings talent if not class to that ride and the rest of his stable bought the rides in the new Nascar trend. Sure doesn't fit his wanting to give drivers a chance statements of years past.
It's going to be a revolving seat until he announces his retirement after Homestead.

I thought the stated goal of JRM was to be a place where young talent could get a chance in good rides. with moves
like Sadler on full time and "Spinner" Bowyer as a guest star the new goal could be rehab .

Folks just need to calm down about Bowyer in the 88, and the seemingly conflict with developing new talent. All one has to do is focus on being objective and use some intellect.
Dale Juniors aint the one that is making these calls.

Remember Dale has been relocated to an island in the Pacific, were he can't hurt himself . And it should be noted he is well taken care of with fllown in supplies, and lavishly treated with the collectables he loves.

Meanwhile Kelley is running the biz as always and informing the Junior body doubles of what to say, Just like she did with Juniors.

Folks just need to calm down about Bowyer in the 88, and the seemingly conflict with developing new talent. All one has to do is focus on being objective and use some intellect.
Dale Juniors aint the one that is making these calls.

Remember Dale has been relocated to an island in the Pacific, were he can't hurt himself . And it should be noted he is well taken care of with fllown in supplies, and lavishly treated with the collectables he loves.

Meanwhile Kelley is running the biz as always and informing the Junior body doubles of what to say, Just like she did with Juniors.
I'll use my intellect and you go on and use yours.
My point is that JRM has changed significantly over the years but has never owned up to being a for profit company that will give talent a break IF they show up with sponsorship , just like every other team does.
If you want to believe Junior is an innocent nameplate that is your prerogative I say this trend out dates his health issues.

Some have expressed their displeasure over the way Kelley runs the business.

She’s making jobs for people we don’t know by running drivers who show up with money. To me, that’s admirable.
I agree that she is creating jobs and that is an admirable thing. I was simply pointing out that JRM is not the philanthropy that some
want people to believe.

Who wants to believe that any business is not there to make money? That is what they are supposed to do . If we are going to question motives then why don't we look at the driver 's charities . Perhaps we might find some of them lacking in philanthropy .

I'll use my intellect and you go on and use yours.
My point is that JRM has changed significantly over the years but has never owned up to being a for profit company that will give talent a break IF they show up with sponsorship , just like every other team does.
If you want to believe Junior is an innocent nameplate that is your prerogative I say this trend out dates his health issues.
I beg to differ. Junior stated to reporters that he had lost over 5 million with his team and that he was no longer going to race with his money. With that being said his family became unemployed ( Tony and Tony) and Rick stepped into partner and run his own Xfinity car.

It didn't take long for Kyle to find out the fastest way to bankruptcy was to own a Xfinity team.

Who wants to believe that any business is not there to make money? That is what they are supposed to do . If we are going to question motives then why don't we look at the driver 's charities . Perhaps we might find some of them lacking in philanthropy .
I agree business is about making money but as I said earlier Junior claimed JRM was started to give young talent a break and then stepped away and has put seasoned cup drivers like Harvick who wrecked the field a couple of years ago to stay in the chase and Bowyer who spins on command into his cars. I have no problem with changing course to make a buck but so many people buy in on the I'm a great guy stuff and it is not all that true any longer.

I beg to differ. Junior stated to reporters that he had lost over 5 million with his team and that he was no longer going to race with his money. With that being said his family became unemployed ( Tony and Tony) and Rick stepped into partner and run his own Xfinity car.

It didn't take long for Kyle to find out the fastest way to bankruptcy was to own a Xfinity team.
I stand corrected I remember the part about not using his own money although I don't think I heard a number. Maybe I brushed past the admitting
he was giving up on helping young guys because I was a gung ho Junior fan at the time. Trying to be more realistic about that these days

I stand corrected I remember the part about not using his own money although I don't think I heard a number. Maybe I brushed past the admitting
he was giving up on helping young guys because I was a gung ho Junior fan at the time. Trying to be more realistic about that these days
I say Junior kept his word and did give some drivers a chance to showcase themselves. Brad's brother comes to mind as one who got a chance and didn't pan out. Then Brad replaced him and his career was born. Junior did give rides to other young drivers to showcase their talent. The 88 car was run to bring in sponsor money to help support those drivers in the 7 car. I don't know if Elliot and the 7 driver have full sponsorship and if not, where is the money coming from?

Out of site out of mind. He is one driver that could cause a drop in attendance
where as Tony's fans will jump to a new driver quickly.

From an artilce on nascar.com, this does not sound good to me.

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-me...ale-earnhardt-jr-concussion-update-dover.html

The only thing that triggers the symptoms is going somewhere I'm unfamiliar, somewhere I've never been … somewhere where it's busy," Earnhardt said. "If I can find a busy place, if I go with (fiancée) Amy (Reimann) to the grocery store … that's basically rehab.

"(But) it's getting better. My doctors talk about getting me back to where I can be a normal person, and then there's getting me back to being a race car driver. I'm almost back … to being a normal, functioning person with no issues. To become that guy I need to be inside the car, we really have to train my senses to be perfect."

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-me...ale-earnhardt-jr-concussion-update-dover.html

The only thing that triggers the symptoms is going somewhere I'm unfamiliar, somewhere I've never been … somewhere where it's busy," Earnhardt said. "If I can find a busy place, if I go with (fiancée) Amy (Reimann) to the grocery store … that's basically rehab.

"(But) it's getting better. My doctors talk about getting me back to where I can be a normal person, and then there's getting me back to being a race car driver. I'm almost back … to being a normal, functioning person with no issues. To become that guy I need to be inside the car, we really have to train my senses to be perfect."
IDK. I guess I read it differently. Progress sounds like a good thing to me.

Has to keep himself in the public's eye.
69945033dggga.jpg

If and when Earnhardt returns I wonder if drivers will race him differntly, giving him more room, not contesting positions, letting him pass. Let's face it, I wouldn't want to be the driver who stuffs him into the wall and causes another concussion

At some point drivers will give him a break but at GWC, stupidity rules the foot.

If and when Earnhardt returns I wonder if drivers will race him differntly, giving him more room, not contesting positions, letting him pass. Let's face it, I wouldn't want to be the driver who stuffs him into the wall and causes another concussion
I doubt it. I think drivers race each other based on how they raced before. A driver may race someone different who is always a tough pass vs. someone who moves over when the situation warrants it.

This is terrible. After all this time, he gets symptoms when he goes somewhere new?

It's time to let it go Jr, before you do even more permanent damage.

I thought you said awhile back that he was going to run Martinsville.

Yet another in a long string of declarative statements that we peons are supposed to swallow whole ... presumably because people "in the know" in Charlotte whispered in your ear.

Were those the same people who caused you to write a novella about why Harvick was obviously going to Hendrick Motorsports? I believe that was also cancelled.

I have no doubt that GM and Hendrick tried everything they could (within $$$ reason) to get Harvick to make the jump. Right now Harvick has what JG did with his CC and that means more than a little extra $$. It is possible that Ford offered an incentive as they did Carl.

Hearing the most recent comments from him worries me. He's favorite driver of all time but a big part of me hopes he hangs it up. He had impossible shoes to fill when compared to his dad, but give him another last name besides "earnhardt" and you'd still have a driver with 26 cup series wins including a pair of Daytona 500s. There were some lean years in the middle but he's had a very solid career. Nothing to be ashamed of at all. He seems happier than ever off the track. He seems to have a great relationship with Amy. Seem made for each other. He can stay involved with the sport in lots of ways. JR Motorsports is an excellent team in the infinity series. I hate to see one more bad hit ruin his quality of life.

Back
Top Bottom