Dale Earnhardt Jr.

Junior's done. Sucks. Hopefully we see Bowman in the 25 car next year and the rest of JR "nation" will stick around.

Who are you trying to kid? Surely those of us on this forum are more in the know of his condition than Dale Jr. is himself. I've read on here countless times that the people of Charlotte know the real story. He's a bumbling idiot these days. All of that stuff of him doing things to get better and seeing positive results are just smoke and mirrors. He's just putting on an act in front of the cameras this weekend. All in an effort to try and fool we racing-forums.com board members. I can see right through his act and I'm betting you can too.

^ My fave is the one that claimed that all of this was being done to elicit fan sympathy and to sell T-shirts.
Oh, and Hendrick's been playing the media for money.

He was really bad at first. Wasted a lot of time seeing a gynecologist whose office was right next door to the neurologist's. Blurred vision. On track now.

Yet another in a long string of declarative statements that we peons are supposed to swallow whole ... presumably because people "in the know" in Charlotte whispered in your ear.

Were those the same people who caused you to write a novella about why Harvick was obviously going to Hendrick Motorsports? I believe that was also cancelled.

No the Harvick thing was wholly my own opinion. Junior not coming back is not my opinion.

If he starts driving a late model than maybe I'll start changing my tune. Showing up to the track for the sponsors and racing a simulator really does nothing for me. My hope is he gets back in the seat to race 3-4 more years before running NXS or Trucks.

It doesn't do a thing for you?

I don't think that matters.

In the Twilight Zone...

Dale Earnhardt Jr. Verified account 
‏@DaleJr
2 brothers who each hadn't been to a high school football game in 20 years decided to go, tonight. And sat 2 rows apart. #whataretheodds

WithKerry.jpg

If he starts driving a late model than maybe I'll start changing my tune. Showing up to the track for the sponsors and racing a simulator really does nothing for me. My hope is he gets back in the seat to race 3-4 more years before running NXS or Trucks.
What I would really like to hear is Jr. saying....... ''You know... I am feeling much better and back to my old self... but... I'm getting married and starting the second phase of my life... at this point in time.. I really don't need to take the chance of screwing myself up for the rest of my life by having another concussion... it's just not worth it.... racing has been all I have known and it's been very good to me.... but.... I decided to not let it take my life away from me and my fiancee.... by doing this I hope to enter the second phase of my life with high hopes of living a very long and productive life.''

I like Jr.... that's why I hope he decides to retire at this point. I am really worried about him getting back in a car after reading his updates....

Okay.

Just saying him being in a simulator (which may or may not be IRacing) doesn't really account for the impacts of actually getting behind the wheel.
No, it doesn't.

It'll tell him and his doctor when he's ready to get in a car. Being ready and being willing to risk further injury are two completely different things.

Who are you trying to kid? Surely those of us on this forum are more in the know of his condition than Dale Jr. is himself. I've read on here countless times that the people of Charlotte know the real story. He's a bumbling idiot these days. All of that stuff of him doing things to get better and seeing positive results are just smoke and mirrors. He's just putting on an act in front of the cameras this weekend. All in an effort to try and fool we racing-forums.com board members. I can see right through his act and I'm betting you can too.

I have never thought Dale Jr was putting on an act, I respect him more than that.
It is the dude that they hired to make the public appearances as Dale Jr that is doing the acting.

I just hope that the actor that is currently being trained and groomed to start driving the 88 next February,
doesn't take matters any futher.

Amy please please dont allow the actor into the home at the end of the day.

Aside from that everything seems to good imo.

I have never thought Dale Jr was putting on an act, I respect him more than that.
It is the dude that they hired to make the public appearances as Dale Jr that is doing the acting.

I just hope that the actor that is currently being trained and groomed to start driving the 88 next February,
doesn't take matters any futher.

Amy please please dont allow the actor into the home at the end of the day.

Aside from that everything seems to good imo.
But please, Amy, allow me in!

from jayski.....

Stewart subs for Earnhardt Jr. in Charity event: Dale Earnhardt Jr. was at Charlotte Motor Speedway on Tuesday for a Dale Jr. Foundation charity ride-along event. The problem: Earnhardt Jr. has not been cleared to drive by his doctors as he recovers from concussion-like symptoms. The event raises "quite a bit of money," Junior said in a video posted to Twitter. Never fear, 'Smoke' is here. The three-time NASCAR Sprint Cup Series champion volunteered to fill the seat so Tuesday's event could go off without a hitch. Earnhardt Jr. posted a thank-you video, calling Stewart a "good dude" for filling in.(see video at NASCAR.com)

from jayski.....

Stewart subs for Earnhardt Jr. in Charity event: Dale Earnhardt Jr. was at Charlotte Motor Speedway on Tuesday for a Dale Jr. Foundation charity ride-along event. The problem: Earnhardt Jr. has not been cleared to drive by his doctors as he recovers from concussion-like symptoms. The event raises "quite a bit of money," Junior said in a video posted to Twitter. Never fear, 'Smoke' is here. The three-time NASCAR Sprint Cup Series champion volunteered to fill the seat so Tuesday's event could go off without a hitch. Earnhardt Jr. posted a thank-you video, calling Stewart a "good dude" for filling in.(see video at NASCAR.com)

Riding with Smoke in his last season.. yeah, that was a good deal. Wish I couldda.

The fans around Charlotte this past weekend sure seemed to think that JR won't be back. Just in hearing conversation.

I didn't even bother to interject and tell them that they have nothing even semi-concrete from JR himself to solidify their speculating.

Jr's condition is concerning. Pretty severe concussion since he's had them before, and the symptoms are still serious.

When he goes somewhere new, he has symptoms? That is a huge, scary deal. What about the environment triggers symptoms? Is it perhaps the emotion, or even anxiety of being somewhere new which triggers symptoms? That would maybe suggest his symptoms intensify under stress. If that's the case, he's got no business being in a race car any time soon. I think there may be a bit more damage, or issues than he's letting on. He still may want to get back in the car, and that still may be his goal, but still, very concerning. What if he get's hurt again? Passes out? Permanent brain damage from trauma?

Maybe he should do the safe thing.

The fans around Charlotte this past weekend sure seemed to think that JR won't be back. Just in hearing conversation.

I didn't even bother to interject and tell them that they have nothing even semi-concrete from JR himself to solidify their speculating.

There are people that are very close to Junior personally that are saying he's done. Trust me.

For me it's your username. I see the feminine "Aunty Dive", but in my head you're a crossdressing man with 5 o'clock shadow sitting in your basement.
I gave up the whole crossdressing thing.

Two complete wardrobes ... it was just too costly.

Dale Earnhardt Jr. in “final stages of getting well” following hiatus due to concussion

NASCAR star Dale Earnhardt Jr. is in the “final stages of getting well” after suffering a concussion and not racing since July, he told SiriusXM NASCAR Radio on Wednesday.

“It was a good relief for me to be able to be out of the car this long because I felt like that if I did compete in The Chase and have an accident, I would most likely re-injure myself as bad, if not worse,” Earnhardt Jr. said. “More than likely, that could put my career at serious doubt.”

The driver of the No. 88 instead chose to sit out the season and rehab from the brain injury. Junior has been receiving treatment from the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center since mid-July.

“We’ve been taking medication, a very small dose, to kind of numb some of the systems to make the days really tolerable,” Earnhardt said. “We’re at a point now where we can come off of that medication.”

Earnhardt told Brad Gillie, filling in for Dave Moody on SiriusXM Speedway, that he can now participate in physical activities without symptoms, but he still feels its effects when he is in an unfamiliar environment or is surrounded by large groups of people.

“That’s kind of the last, final stages of getting well,” he said.

https://blog.siriusxm.com/2016/10/1...ting-well-following-hiatus-due-to-concussion/

Audio Link

Dale Earnhardt Jr. in “final stages of getting well” following hiatus due to concussion

NASCAR star Dale Earnhardt Jr. is in the “final stages of getting well” after suffering a concussion and not racing since July, he told SiriusXM NASCAR Radio on Wednesday.

“It was a good relief for me to be able to be out of the car this long because I felt like that if I did compete in The Chase and have an accident, I would most likely re-injure myself as bad, if not worse,” Earnhardt Jr. said. “More than likely, that could put my career at serious doubt.”

The driver of the No. 88 instead chose to sit out the season and rehab from the brain injury. Junior has been receiving treatment from the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center since mid-July.

“We’ve been taking medication, a very small dose, to kind of numb some of the systems to make the days really tolerable,” Earnhardt said. “We’re at a point now where we can come off of that medication.”

Earnhardt told Brad Gillie, filling in for Dave Moody on SiriusXM Speedway, that he can now participate in physical activities without symptoms, but he still feels its effects when he is in an unfamiliar environment or is surrounded by large groups of people.

“That’s kind of the last, final stages of getting well,” he said.

https://blog.siriusxm.com/2016/10/1...ting-well-following-hiatus-due-to-concussion/

Audio Link

Like you said, I guess people will still think he's drooling in himself and walking around cluelessly.

Oh snap, this is from the horse's mouth and not so called "sources".

Back
Top Bottom