Dale Earnhardt Jr.

Yeah it just seemed odd to me. He's aware of his influence which means he's also aware that his fans expect him to be their voice. Almost feels like an Earnhardt is supposed to be part of that committee.

I like JR a lot I'm just surprised to see him step away from that role.

To me it's possible he realizes that he's closer to the end of his career than the beginning, and isn't as concerned about being a voice in the council since anything that comes from it at this won't come to fruition long before he hangs it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dale Earnhardt has a voice with NASCAR regardless of Drivers Council participation. It'd be foolish to think otherwise. He wears his passion for this sport on his sleeve. There's no doubt in my mind that he wants to see this sport succeed. He doesn't have to make that happen from holding a spot on the Driver Council.

"you guys hash this all out and call me when your finished", then I will tell you what I think.
Signed Jr.

The 'Imposter' was the first out on the track for today's testing.

C3gubqfWQAEw8X8.jpg:large

I know a guy who knows a guy but I'm afraid to ask him.
I enlarged the driver compartment in the photo above to see exactly who was behind the wheel of that car. Magnified 100x, this was the best I could come up with.....

2560x1440-black-solid-color-background.jpg

There's an obvious attempt at a coverup.

Dale Jr will be in the Fox booth as an analyst for The Clash, per an announcement on Race Hub. (Not sure if it will be an impostor/impersonator or the real Junior, so y'all tune in to see for yourself.)

But Junyer was qualified to run the 88?
Dale Jr's quote from the article.....

“Alex did such a great job in the car this year, and I felt like he deserved another opportunity,” Earnhardt, Jr. said of his 2016 replacement. “When I spoke with Rick and the team about him driving The Clash, everyone agreed that he more than earned it, and Nationwide was 100-percent on board. I’m really grateful to him and Jeff for what they did for our team, and I’m glad Alex is getting another run with us.”

I wouldn't blame Dale or Hendrick at all if they were just taking precaution and avoiding that kind of risk for an exhibition race. You see that sort of thing every year with the Pro Bowl and guys that are playing in the Super Bowl the following week.

Just a heads up for the Jr. fans out there.....

Marty Smith just recently did an interview with him that is about to be released. I'm not sure if it's a written piece or televised. I missed part of the interview. Whatever it is, it should be worth consuming. If I see it, I'll post the link. If anyone else does, post it here. I'd like to see it.

Is it really that hard to believe that it's exactly as described by Jr or does there have to be some sort of ulterior motive?
I think the circumstances surrounding the whole thing make it acceptable to at least bring it into question and discuss it.

From Jayski

Chicagoland special offer for fans if Dale Earnhardt Jr. wins Daytona 500:
Chicagoland Speedway announced the release of all remaining inventory following the renewal period for the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series weekend Sept. 14-17, 2017. All ticket levels and premium experiences are on sale now including Infield Fan Zone Pit Passes, Green Flag Garage and Legends Club. Not only are tickets now available for purchase, Chicagoland Speedway is presenting a limited-time offer where fans could enjoy a full refund. With this offer, fans who purchase a single-day NASCAR Cup Series ticket between now and the Daytona 500 will receive a complete refund following the race if #88-Dale Earnhardt Jr. earns the victory. Eligibility for "Winning with Dale" is limited to single-day Chicagoland Speedway NASCAR Cup Series purchasers in all sections of the grandstands by using offer code: 17DALE500 when logging onto chicagolandspeedway.com/dalejr500.(Chicagoland Speedway)(2-14-2017)

He's on the last year of his contract with Hendrick. He plans to race for a couple of months, see how he feels, before he decides whether to sign up for more.

This tells me there is still a chance he will decide to retire soon.

I read a stat this morning that shocked the hell out of me, Jr has won only 9 times for Hendrick Motorsports since he started driving for them in 08. I thought he won 15-20 races for them, crazy to see the scrutiny Kahne gets compared to Jr. And I like Jr a hell of a lot.

Back
Top Bottom