Dale Earnhardt Jr.

That's what I was hoping that Junior was going to at least hint at in that article.

That would be interesting, he'd be following in his father's footstep in that regards. Start his own racing team, racing team becomes successful enough that Jr. joins it and races the #88 for Jr. Motorsports.

That would be interesting, he'd be following in his father's footstep in that regards. Start his own racing team, racing team becomes successful enough that Jr. joins it and races the #88 for Jr. Motorsports.
That would be awesome, but I don't think he's ever had the desire to do that. I think it would have already happened or he would have at least said something about it by now if that was gonna be the case.

So many drivers have their own racing team, I wonder who runs the team on a day by day basis, because I doubt they do. They have to focus on their next racing weekend.

Kelley Earnhardt runs JR Motorsports, Delana Harvick ran KHI and Teresa Earnhardt ran DEI.

I don't know if the Busch Brothers have a sister or if Samantha Busch runs Kyle Busch Motorsports.

Really bummed that Joooonyer hit the wall today, I was telling the wife how good his car looked when he wrecked :(

Well at least the rest of the people could see the race after all the Jr fans sat back down. :D

The Kansas stripe. Wonder if they'll charge him for taking some of the safer barrier home with him. Dang, that makes it look like it was a hard hit.

BzNVAGpIQAANWUE.jpg:large

NASCAR Illustrated: Walk the walk, talk the talk

At 35, in the prime of his career, Steve Letarte is leaving. Why?

"The Tuesday after Homestead in 2010, we had our competition meeting and Mr. H was there after, and we thought that was a little odd," Letarte said. "He gave me the, 'Hey, Stevie, I need to see you for a minute.' And I literally stood up (from) the table and had to walk the length of the room. And as I walked down the room, I mentally went through what teams are hiring? Who can I call? Because in my mind, yeah, why wouldn't they let me go? Why wouldn't they make a change?"

Four years removed from that winless season as crew chief for Jeff Gordon, Letarte is not only employed at Hendrick Motorsports, he's atop the pit box for the sport's biggest star.

But his days are numbered. Even though he's nearly at the peak of his professional career, Letarte, 35, will leave the only family he's ever known in NASCAR at season's end. Letarte's decision to join NBC Sports as an analyst next year after two decades with Hendrick was made with his real family in mind.

For the betterment of one, he chose to leave the other -- and a large amount of money on the table -- in the process.

Read the rest here

One of the few...I don't think so.

But anyway, I'm mad at him as he was my pick for worst qualifier and he let me down ;)

Not sure if this has been touched on or not...

http://www.foxsports.com/nascar/sha...-nascar-career-at-hendrick-motorsports-100414

As surprising is it might sound, though, Earnhardt Jr. apparently doesn't plan on Hendrick Motorsports being the last team for which he straps on a helmet and jumps in a NASCAR stock car. No, it seems that NASCAR's most popular driver actually intends for his last ride to come with JR Motorsports -- the company he started in 2006 and that fields two full-time Nationwide Series teams and one part-time Nationwide team but no Sprint Cup teams.

"I would like to race for that company one day, so I hope to keep it healthy until that opportunity presents itself -- whenever I'm done Cup racing -- to jump in a Nationwide car and do that for a couple of years in my own shop," Junior said on Friday at Kansas Speedway.

Jr. is by far one of the most personalities in all of motorsports if not just plain old #1. His old man had style and flair that was contagious to people across the board even if they weren't racing fans. I always respected the E'hardts for the way they carried and represented themselves, I just couldn't be a fan because I can't stand band-wagoner's who never knew anything more about racing other than the name.

Not sure if this has been touched on or not...

http://www.foxsports.com/nascar/sha...-nascar-career-at-hendrick-motorsports-100414

As surprising is it might sound, though, Earnhardt Jr. apparently doesn't plan on Hendrick Motorsports being the last team for which he straps on a helmet and jumps in a NASCAR stock car. No, it seems that NASCAR's most popular driver actually intends for his last ride to come with JR Motorsports -- the company he started in 2006 and that fields two full-time Nationwide Series teams and one part-time Nationwide team but no Sprint Cup teams.

"I would like to race for that company one day, so I hope to keep it healthy until that opportunity presents itself -- whenever I'm done Cup racing -- to jump in a Nationwide car and do that for a couple of years in my own shop," Junior said on Friday at Kansas Speedway.
I wish more drivers took this route towards the end of their careers. Jarrett, Bobby and Terry Labonte, and a few others wen out in a pretty crappy way.

@DaleJr

The season isn't over though. We will take a rocket to Dega and fight till the end. 110% till the checkered @HomesteadMiami.

Is 110% even legal?

@DaleJr

The season isn't over though. We will take a rocket to Dega and fight till the end. 110% till the checkered @HomesteadMiami.

Is 110% even legal?

He just added in the 10% tax that France tacks on the 100% rule. A time saver really.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just want to say that I feel kinda bad for all you Junior fans................... the dude raced his ass off all year and gave it 110 percent yesterday, really sucks he got the boot, he really impressed me this year and one stupid blown tire did him in :(

Just want to say that I feel kinda bad for all you Junior fans................... the dude raced his ass off all year and gave it 110 percent yesterday, really sucks he got the boot, he really impressed me this year and one stupid blown tire did him in :(
If I cared about the Chase, I'd feel bad for him and for Kyle.

Back
Top Bottom